PDA

View Full Version : What would I do? Big move extravaganza

buckeyenut
07-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I have been thinking about this. I think each of these moves can be done separately if one falls through, but I would go after the full list myself. It is highly unlikely to do several of them, much less all of them at once but each deal on its own seems pretty feasible to me with maybe minor tweaking. Obviously, this would put me all in for next year, but even financially, I don't think it is a huge impact next year with Arroyo and Cordero off the books.

Out
_____
- Gomes to ATL for JJ Hoover or Andrelton Simmons
- Hernandez to SF for Eric Surkamp and Tommy Joseph
- Arroyo and remaining salary this year to BOS for Garia Ceccini (not looking for much, flexible here)

In
_____
Jimenez to CIN for Alonso, Rodriguez, Wood, Volquez
Shields to CIN for Grandal, Hamilton, Lotzkar and Boxberger
Wright to CIN for Surkamp, Duran, Frazier, Francisco, Torreyes

Up
_____
Mes and Sappelt

These series of moves leaves our farm pretty bare, but our ML team is loaded for bear. Our roster next year would look something like

Lineup
Sappelt LF
Phillips 2B
Votto 1B
Wright 3B
Bruce RF
Mesc C
Stubbs CF
Cozart SS

Bench
Hanigan
Janish
Heisey
Cairo
Rolen

Rotation
Jimenez
Cueto
Shields
Leake
Bailey

Bullpen
Masset
Bray
Ondrusek
Arrendondo
LeCure
Chapman
Willis

RedLegSuperStar
07-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Who will play in Louisville?

buckeyenut
07-23-2011, 04:46 PM
With the big league club we would have for next five years, would anyone really care who is in Louisville?

Will M
07-23-2011, 05:24 PM
its interesting that you bring up Wright. we may have to face facts. Is Rolen toast & will he be a very expensive bench bat next year?

Redhook
07-23-2011, 07:35 PM
No way we get Shields, Jimenez, and Wright. I'd be thrilled with just one of those 3.

Brutus
07-23-2011, 08:07 PM
There are a plethora of reasons these moves, collectively, aren't practical. Good fantasy baseball trades, though.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-23-2011, 08:32 PM
I, for one, fully support buckeyenut as GM of the Cincinnati Reds.

buckeyenut
07-23-2011, 09:20 PM
There are a plethora of reasons these moves, collectively, aren't practical. Good fantasy baseball trades, though.

I understand. But, the thing I like is that I think each one of them individually could be done.

buckeyenut
07-23-2011, 09:22 PM
its interesting that you bring up Wright. we may have to face facts. Is Rolen toast & will he be a very expensive bench bat next year?

I think he is done. I think he is a once a week 3B and bat off the bench. He'd help the team if he could get some reps in LF or 1B too. Would much rather see Rolen starting at 1B than Cairo if Joey needs a day off.

camisadelgolf
07-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Except for maybe the James Shields deal, none of those moves are realistic. But seeing as how they have Beckham, I doubt they'd be interested in Hamilton.