PDA

View Full Version : July 31 4 PM: Who do the Reds get?

Brutus
07-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Who will the Reds end up with, if anyone, when the trade deadline comes to pass?

reds1869
07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
In my gut I feel that Shields and Upton are coming this way. I of course have no evidence to support my feelings but what fun would proof be? I also think Walt will add a random bullpen arm or two.

TRF
07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I'd pee myself if the Reds got Pence. and .850 OPS this year against RH pitching.

Yes please.

So naturally I see Fister coming. ugh.

Caveat Emperor
07-25-2011, 05:00 PM
They'll add Ryan Ludwick and a reliever of some sort.

They'll stay out of the SP game when every trade offer gets a reply of "How about Devin Mesoraco" and they realize that a guy like Doug Fister isn't demonstrably better than Dontrelle Willis.

thatcoolguy_22
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I would love to see a real upgrade, but I just don't see it coming. Standing pat leaves this team more option for 2012 and beyond and WJ has proven to be a very patient GM with the Reds.

corkedbat
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
There are several options on that list that I'd like to have, but in the end, ny gut says, Nada. Nothing but talk and excuses.

guttle11
07-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Ubaldo Jimenez for Grandal, Alonso and Boxberger.

REDREAD
07-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I think the Rockies aren't really serious about trading Jimenniz.. They are just wasting everyone's time.

I predict a deal gets done with Tampa.. They have no qualms about dealing anyone. They'll be more motivated to get the prospects.

I predict Beltran stays in NY.. no one pays the outrageous asking price, and the Mets keep him rather than get less than what they want.

mth123
07-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Jason Isringhausen for Chris Valaika. Walt extends him on the cheap for 2012 with unstated intent of the closer's job being his to lose.

The Voice of IH
07-25-2011, 08:02 PM
In my gut I feel that Shields and Upton are coming this way. I of course have no evidence to support my feelings but what fun would proof be? I also think Walt will add a random bullpen arm or two.

That would be an awesome trade right there.

RedsManRick
07-25-2011, 08:17 PM
I think we get a decent reliever and that's it, say Brandon League.

edabbs44
07-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Ubaldo and Coco.

bucksfan2
07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I get the feeling that Bob is going to be willing to up the ante especially after losing out to the Rangers on Lee last season. I think he overpays for Ubaldo and gets someone like Ludwick for the outfield. Or at least that is what I wish would happen.

oneupper
07-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd pee myself if the Reds got Pence. and .850 OPS this year against RH pitching.

Yes please.

So naturally I see Fister coming. ugh.

Who is Doug Fister?

TRF
07-26-2011, 06:31 PM
pitcher for the Mariners.

RedLegSuperStar
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Since Ubaldo would cost Aroldis Chapman, Devin Mesoraco, Chris Heisey, & potentially more.. I don't see Jimenez coming to the Reds. I hope Colorado lowers the asking price but they don't have to because he is theres for 2-3 years.

Ryan Ludwick I can totally see.. former Cardinal and hasn't been the same since leaving the Central.

I think a SP they turn their attention to would be Jeff Francis.

Mario-Rijo
07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I said Upton and Shields but admittedly that is more wishful thinking than anything. But Alonso for Upton makes alot of sense for both teams.

HokieRed
07-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Jason Isringhausen for Chris Valaika. Walt extends him on the cheap for 2012 with unstated intent of the closer's job being his to lose.

I don't think Isringhausen can close any more, but I do think he might contribute, and since I think Chris Valaika has essentially no value, I'd be on board for this one.

Brutus
07-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Since Ubaldo would cost Aroldis Chapman, Devin Mesoraco, Chris Heisey, & potentially more.. I don't see Jimenez coming to the Reds. I hope Colorado lowers the asking price but they don't have to because he is theres for 2-3 years.

Ryan Ludwick I can totally see.. former Cardinal and hasn't been the same since leaving the Central.

I think a SP they turn their attention to would be Jeff Francis.

He's not going to end up costing that. It's negotiating. Good GM's start asking for something in hopes they unexpectedly get it.

What Jiminez ultimately gets traded for, if he does get traded, and what the Rockies initially ask(ed) for are probably very different.

RedLegSuperStar
07-27-2011, 12:34 AM
He's not going to end up costing that. It's negotiating. Good GM's start asking for something in hopes they unexpectedly get it.

What Jiminez ultimately gets traded for, if he does get traded, and what the Rockies initially ask(ed) for are probably very different.

Once we learn to spell players names the threads will be easier to browse..

The Rockies know the haul Lee got last year and he was a rental. Jimenez is signed for cheap the next 3 seasons. Knowing now the asking price is said to be Wood, Bailey, and either DMes or Chapman.. Though the Rockies like Heisey I wonder if he's off the table or not now that Gomes is gone. Don't see why it should matter with Alonso here and Sappelt & Hermida waiting in AAA. The Rockies want a top 50 prospect for Ubaldo.. Mesoraco falls under that category

Brutus
07-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Once we learn to spell players names the threads will be easier to browse..

The Rockies know the haul Lee got last year and he was a rental. Jimenez is signed for cheap the next 3 seasons. Knowing now the asking price is said to be Wood, Bailey, and either DMes or Chapman.. Though the Rockies like Heisey I wonder if he's off the table or not now that Gomes is gone. Don't see why it should matter with Alonso here and Sappelt & Hermida waiting in AAA. The Rockies want a top 50 prospect for Ubaldo.. Mesoraco falls under that category

Yeah I imagine it was a near impossibility figuring out what I meant. The 'i' rather than the 'e.' Woo boy. That's brutal...

OldXOhio
07-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Where's the "hopefully no one" option?

Will M
07-30-2011, 07:55 PM
i know i am a bit late adding my 2 cents to this poll but i said nothing. we will keep Ramon. Walt will say that he asked about a lot of players but that the prices were too high.