PDA

View Full Version : Bama pictures that might be interesting to buckeye fans

jojo
07-26-2011, 08:07 PM
I wont vouch for anything in the text of this sight (didnt even read the story). But the picture is interesting. In it is Trent Richardson signing a jersey that clearly has a price tag on it.

What do you buckeye fans think of this? And there are many more pictures surfacing on the web....

http://outkickthecoverage.com/trent-richardson-signing-jerseys-in-t-town-mens-wear-with-pricetags-on-them.php

BuckeyeRed27
07-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Death Penalty.

I don't really care. It was a stupid rule when Ohio State broke it. It's still a stupid rule if Alabama in fact broke it.

VottoFan54
07-26-2011, 08:56 PM
I wont vouch for anything in the text of this sight (didnt even read the story). But the picture is interesting. In it is Trent Richardson signing a jersey that clearly has a price tag on it.

What do you buckeye fans think of this? And there are many more pictures surfacing on the web....

http://outkickthecoverage.com/trent-richardson-signing-jerseys-in-t-town-mens-wear-with-pricetags-on-them.php

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Trent Richardson is fine unless he got some money or other item/service (like tattoos :D) in return.

jojo
07-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Trent Richardson is fine unless he got some money or other item/service (like tattoos :D) in return.

I dont think players can sign anything like that if they know it is to be sold.

IslandRed
07-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I dont think players can sign anything like that if they know it is to be sold.

Lots of schools have Fan Days before the season where the players sign autographs on all kinds of stuff. Many of those signed items, no doubt, end up on eBay and the like. So my first guess is that a player would not be in trouble unless there was some quid pro quo involved. But I'll defer to anyone with specific knowledge of the rulebook.

jojo
07-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Lots of schools have Fan Days before the season where the players sign autographs on all kinds of stuff. Many of those signed items, no doubt, end up on eBay and the like. So my first guess is that a player would not be in trouble unless there was some quid pro quo involved. But I'll defer to anyone with specific knowledge of the rulebook.

The shaky part of this is that he was signing items for a swag shop owner who sells signed jerseys etc for hundreds more than retail This wasnt fan day. This was bama players showing up in groups in the guys shop in the mall.

If nothing else it looks bad.

LoganBuck
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM

While it does not make it right, people have been saying this goes on everywhere.

If Trent Richardson is so stupid to be doing it while the entire Ohio State mess was going on, he should be suspended, or maybe kicked out of school.

On the whole I don't care.