PDA

View Full Version : Ramon next?

mikemo14
07-26-2011, 11:49 PM
First Gomes, next Ramon, then Cordero? Then let the buying begin!

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
After that can we trade Bruce's bat?? It never seems to get a hit.

Redsfansince72
07-27-2011, 12:34 AM
this was just posted

Ramon Hernandez of the Reds is "not on the block," according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (on Twitter).

justincredible
07-27-2011, 12:40 AM
I was hoping we'd see Ramon moved and Mes moved up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Devin can do.

vottofan4life
07-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Brian Mccan just went on the DL with strained oblique. Possibility?

SwingKing01
07-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I for one would hate to see Hernandez go. He is probably the most consistent bat other than Votto. Meso is good, really good, but I hate to see one of the only guys that produced so far gone.

dcameron24
07-27-2011, 10:46 AM
On FSO last night they said the Giants had two scouts in attendance. More than likely to watch Beltran and not Hernandez however.

As much as I would hate to see Hernandez go... his value has probably never been higher. Even with projecting as a Type A FA you run the risk that he'll accept arbitration next year.

I think you get what you can now and go ahead and call up Mes. Walt has already said that Mes is untouchable... might as well see what he can do.

mikdavrut
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
I think a big part of Hernandez value, other than his consistent bat is his ability to probably more effectively communicate w/our non-English speaking pitchers (Cueto/Chapman).

Vottomatic
07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
On FSO last night they said the Giants had two scouts in attendance. More than likely to watch Beltran and not Hernandez however.

As much as I would hate to see Hernandez go... his value has probably never been higher. Even with projecting as a Type A FA you run the risk that he'll accept arbitration next year.

I think you get what you can now and go ahead and call up Mes. Walt has already said that Mes is untouchable... might as well see what he can do.

Well it says alot that I like Ramon and he has done an excellent job for the Reds. But he will never be worth more with the Giants needing someone to replace Posey, and possibly with the news of Brian McCann going down with injury. And Hernandez being a free agent at the end of the year makes it even more worthwhile.

I appreciate Ramon and wish him the best if he does get traded. Hopefully no hard feelings and everyone realizes it's just business.

LexRedsFan
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Brian Mccan just went on the DL with strained oblique. Possibility?

I thought about Atlanta with Cordero, potentially. 2 of their top 3 relievers are lefties as opposed to righties, and their bullpen is one of the most used.

Girevik
07-27-2011, 02:47 PM
I hope they don't trade Hernandez or Coco. That would signal a firesale and giving up on this season. While I think they've got a tough row to hoe to win the division, they are not so far out I'm willing to give up.

Who Dey Time
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I think a big part of Hernandez value, other than his consistent bat is his ability to probably more effectively communicate w/our non-English speaking pitchers (Cueto/Chapman).

Absolutely a great point here. The communication help that Ramon provides these guys is invaluable, IMO.

As for a potential trade, I would love to see someone take Hanigan from us and bring Mesoraco up. Then, I would love to see the Reds offer Ramon a 1-2 year extension if the price is right.

mr. red
07-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Absolutely a great point here. The communication help that Ramon provides these guys is invaluable, IMO.

As for a potential trade, I would love to see someone take Hanigan from us and bring Mesoraco up. Then, I would love to see the Reds offer Ramon a 1-2 year extension if the price is right.

I wouldn't mind extending Ramon IF Mes was the starter next year. Hernandez would be a great mentor for Mes. I just worry that Dusty wouldn't give Mes the time he deserves if Hernandez is on the roster...

Jefferson24
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I just worry that Dusty wouldn't give Mes the time he deserves if Hernandez is on the roster...

I'm sure that would absolutely be true.

Redsfansince72
07-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Some Giants people believe the Reds will deal Ramon Hernandez for a pitcher, according to Schulman (on Twitter).

I would ask for that lefty Eric Surcamp straight up!

partisan
07-28-2011, 12:57 AM
This is one I don't understand. I figured Ramon would be the first to go once the trading started to heat up.

I don't see us re-signing him at the end of the year with Mes forcing the issue. Might as well flip him now for some value while we still can.

partisan
07-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Some Giants people believe the Reds will deal Ramon Hernandez for a pitcher, according to Schulman (on Twitter).

I would ask for that lefty Eric Surcamp straight up!

I'd do that trade immediately. Throw in Shields or Ubaldo (whichever one we can get) and suddenly this team has a respectable rotation.

LexRedsFan
07-28-2011, 01:31 AM
I'd do that trade immediately. Throw in Shields or Ubaldo (whichever one we can get) and suddenly this team has a respectable rotation.

Respectable? I'd call them GOOD

Cueto
Sheibaldo
Leake
Bailey
Willis

or however you would put it.

Krawhitham
07-28-2011, 01:48 AM
First Gomes, next Ramon, then Cordero? Then let the buying begin!

SD is having problems moving Bell, no way Coco is moved