PDA

View Full Version : Hanley being Hanley

Brutus
07-27-2011, 06:39 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/

He's good for one of these once a year. It was past time for another episode...

Tom Servo
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Hanley does have a young body too, so I guess he's a legit threat to be Mr. Marlin.

buckeyenut
07-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I'd be happy to take Hanley.

There was a link to a blog suggesting that rather than dealing Hanley to Red Sox, they send him to Reds for Cozart and Chapman. Anyone here on board for that?

If not, what would you send with Cozart for Hanley? Would you rather Hanley or Ubaldo?

Spitball
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Hanley does have a young body too, so I guess he's a legit threat to be Mr. Marlin.

He weighed about 195 pounds when he was traded to the Marlins, and now he weighs about 230 pounds. That sounds like a pretty large fish to me.

Tom Servo
07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
He weighed about 195 pounds when he was traded to the Marlins, and now he weighs about 230 pounds. That sounds like a pretty large fish to me.
So you're saying he can't do a triathlon like the elder YoungBody?

Spitball
07-27-2011, 10:26 PM
So you're saying he can't do a triathlon like the elder YoungBody?

Haha! I'm not really sure about that one. I'll let you do the research. :)

Btw, my oldest was living in Portland, Maine, a few years ago (maybe 2003-2005) and met Ramirez when he was with the Sea Dogs. My son was impressed with how friendly he was to him.

cincinnati chili
07-28-2011, 02:35 AM
I HATE Hanley, and think it's really toxic for a franchise going into a new stadium to have a "franchise player" who's this much of a problem child. But I agree with him about this:

"Ramirez said Wednesday that Conine should have spoken to him privately instead of airing his opinions of him on the radio."

Conine is a Marlins employee. He shouldn't be going on the radio saying that if it were up to him, Hanley would be traded. If it were up to me, Conine would be reprimanded or fired.