PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU answer this question

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
If you are the Reds GM and after today's game the local media asks you this question how would you answer it?

What is the benefit to keeping Dusty on as manager at this point?

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 03:23 PM
yea b/c dusty gave up 9 runs.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
yea b/c dusty gave up 9 runs.

Huh? That would be your answer as GM?

Jefferson24
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
One thing is true, this team is not playing well and it seems as though there is nothing Dusty can do to change that.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Huh? That would be your answer as GM?

thats the only reason you asking. if were in 1st up 10 gmes u might not like the guy but u would not make 10 threads a day saying the same stuff.

LexRedsFan
07-28-2011, 03:31 PM
thats the only reason you asking. if were in 1st up 10 gmes u might not like the guy but u would not make 10 threads a day saying the same stuff.

Well, no s***..because it would be hard to make the argument then that he isn't doing a good job as manager of the Reds.

And if the country was running a surplus, world peace had been achieved for good, and the stock market was over 10,000 and everyone got a free lollipop..Republicans might not like Obama, but they probably wouldn't be saying what they are now.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 03:34 PM
the easy thing to do is blame dusty. the hard thing to do is admit we just have missing pieces.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:35 PM

No I am just wondering how people would answer that question, it's a fair question and one I would sure as heck hope the Cincy Media is asking Walt today. Explain to the fans why you feel Dusty should keep his job?

BluegrassRedleg
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Dusty's a very small part of the problem. Not too thrilled with him, either, but it's a waste of time to focus anger on him.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Dusty's a very small part of the problem. Not too thrilled with him, either, but it's a waste of time to focus anger on him.

As GM you can only do so much, you can't fire all the players or demote them, so that leaves you changing up who is in charge is it not?

LexRedsFan
07-28-2011, 03:38 PM

That's pretty much what I think. I don't think he's giving us the best chance to win that any manager would, but even the best manager would probably have given us 2-3 wins more at this point. Just a poorly timed team.

Trademark
07-28-2011, 03:39 PM
i give up on this crappy team how do you get swept by the mets? This team obviously has thrown in the towel and doesn't care so why should we?

AintlifeGrande
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Well what is the business of having me around as well when Bob won't up the payroll?Rusty only has so much to work with.

BluegrassRedleg
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
As GM you can only do so much, you can't fire all the players or demote them, so that leaves you changing up who is in charge is it not?

I've heard that suggested before, but I don't necessarily subscribe to it. I've actually seen patience rewarded in some cases. Ultimately, I'm a "players have to make plays" guy.

Vottomatic
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
If you are the Reds GM and after today's game the local media asks you this question how would you answer it?

That depends on what the meaning of "is" is? doesn't it? :laugh:

brm7675 = Mr. Philisophical

bounty37h
07-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Honestly cant come up with much better than "someone has to walk out to the umps and hand over the lineup card, and its hot as s out, I aint doing it"

smixsell
07-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Here's how I answer the questioon.

"There is no benefit, please excuse me, I have to run now. I have to bust my tail to try and find the right replcement PRONTO!"

smixsell
07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
the easy thing to do is blame dusty. the hard thing to do is admit we just have missing pieces.

Utter rubbish.

smixsell
07-28-2011, 05:14 PM

Let me know when you chek back in to reality. :)

tobttr
07-28-2011, 09:42 PM

"Continuity."
Please keep in mind that you asked what I would answer; you did not ask for a GOOD answer. Honestly, that's the only thing I can come up with.

Joesh
07-29-2011, 12:10 AM
i hope the reds fire dusty because my dad has blamed him for every single reds loss since he has been manager so i would be interested in seeing what he does after that happened