PDA

View Full Version : Ocho Cinco to the Patriots

WVRed
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6813469/cincinnati-bengals-deal-chad-ochocinco-new-england-patriots-source-says

Thought it deserved its own thread. Pats also acquired Haynesworth earlier in the day.

This is why I hate the Patriots Part II.

CTA513
07-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Mikey forgot that #85 signed that contract extension and has to serve out the rest of his time with the Bengals.

:fineprint:

WMR
07-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Good thing Ocho didn't make any demands, otherwise Mikey would have to keep him strictly out of principle. :rolleyes: (My God, how stupid.)

WVRed
07-28-2011, 06:10 PM
ESPN reporting the Bengals to get two draft picks, one this year and one the following. Doesn't specify which round.

Oxilon
07-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I know this thread is about Chad Ochocinco going to the Patriots, but I have to go off tangent for a second and bash Mike Brown again. Could have gotten a 1st and 3rd a couple years ago from the Skins, but Mike Brown wouldn't trade him. Now what does he do? He trades him a couple seasons later when his value is extremely lower. The guy is mind numbing incompetent. The Bengals really are hopeless under this loser.

Tony Cloninger
07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
A pick this year?? Is there another draft coming up this year?

TheBigLebowski
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
At the time, however, the Bengals appeared on the cusp of perhaps competing for a super bowl...all the pieces were in place...I think moving Chad now is the right thing...we're getting crap picks for him but this franchise just needs to move on from him and his constant headaches...recall, this is the guy who allegedly punched Hue Jackson in the face during halftime of a playoff game...I am glad to see him go.

CTA513
07-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Former Bengal LB/DE David Pollack is tweeting his thoughts about this:

David Pollack
@davidpollack47 David Pollack
Just a hunch but if Cincy wld have done this a little earlier I think they wld still have Carson Palmer.
34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/#!/davidpollack47/status/96702011508133888

@davidpollack47 David Pollack
I really like Ochocinco as a person, but I think even he will tell you that he is high maintence. I felt bad for Carson at times.
28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/#!/davidpollack47/status/96704140696231936

fearofpopvol1
07-28-2011, 07:27 PM
This makes me ill. I hate the patriots more than any other team in sports. I'm a huge Colts fan and this just makes their road go from very hard to super hard.

fearofpopvol1
07-28-2011, 07:31 PM
This makes me ill.

There is no team in professional sports I hate more than the Patriots. I'm a diehard Colts fan and this makes their road go from very hard to super hard.

RedsManRick
07-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Ochocinco, the NFL's Chris Bosh.

Redhook
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Finally.

SeeinRed
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
The Bengals lost a lot of talent today with OchoCinco and Joseph going elswhere. I made it a point to say talent, because in the case of OchoCinco it could be argued that his talent was sometimes overshadowed by the distractions he brought to the team. Reguardless, he is a very talented reciever, and I will remember the excitement he brought to the team when he was playing well.

Joseph on the other hand will be a huge loss. The Bengals really couldn't afford to let him get away.

BoydsOfSummer
07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Wish The Browns had made a play for Joseph. He and Joe Haden would have made a nice pair.

TeamSelig
07-28-2011, 10:23 PM
I actually like Ochocinco..... but going to the Patriots... thats just too much for me to handle

Eric_the_Red
07-28-2011, 10:31 PM
This makes me ill.

There is no team in professional sports I hate more than the Patriots. I'm a diehard Colts fan and this makes their road go from very hard to super hard.

You've seen Chad play the last couple of years right? He isn't the same player he was, aside from his massive ego. Joseph to the Texans concerns me as a Colts fan much more than Chad does.

cincrazy
07-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Joseph to the Texans REALLY hurts. He was our best corner, by far IMO. Leon Hall is ok, but Joseph was the rock of that secondary. Typical Bengals. They're a TON under the cap, yet Joseph still gets away. Unbelievable.

I could care less about losing Ocho. That move came six years too late. He should've been shown the road when he threw a punch at halftime of the 2005 playoff game.

fearofpopvol1
07-29-2011, 12:42 AM
You've seen Chad play the last couple of years right? He isn't the same player he was, aside from his massive ego. Joseph to the Texans concerns me as a Colts fan much more than Chad does.

It's Ochocinco AND Haynesworth that makes me ill. There's no denying this makes the Patriots better than they were yesterday. And I fully expect that now that Ochocinco is in a better situation he will try harder and thrive more.

Joseph to the Texans sucks too, but I don't know why, I'm still not scared of the Texans even though they have gotten MUCH better the last few years.

savafan
07-29-2011, 02:45 AM
Can't help but wonder if Carson Palmer might not still be a Bengal had this move come earlier.

KronoRed
07-29-2011, 04:19 AM
A pick this year?? Is there another draft coming up this year?

Knowing the Bengals they traded him for supplemental draft picks ;)

Redsfaithful
07-29-2011, 08:54 AM
I hope Chad gets to win some playoff games. An all time great Bengal, even if a lot of fans don't want to admit it.

wolfboy
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/07/28/joseph-headed-to-texans/

Joseph told The Houston Chronicle of the decision: Its very, very, very hard to be leaving Cincinnati. They drafted me and gave me my chance. But right now Im looking ahead with the Texans and not looking back.

:clap:

RedsManRick
07-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Look at the bright side, we're going to be legit contenders in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

cincrazy
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I hope Chad gets to win some playoff games. An all time great Bengal, even if a lot of fans don't want to admit it.

My problem with Chad went beyond his numbers. He was an awful leader, and make no mistake, he was one of the leaders of this bunch. He pouted, he quit, he slouched, he threw others under the bus, he threw punches at coaches. He'll fit perfectly in NE and I wish him the best, he's a good man. But for the last several years he's been a very overrated player.

Joseph
07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
My problem with Chad went beyond his numbers. He was an awful leader, and make no mistake, he was one of the leaders of this bunch. He pouted, he quit, he slouched, he threw others under the bus, he threw punches at coaches. He'll fit perfectly in NE and I wish him the best, he's a good man. But for the last several years he's been a very overrated player.

He's a good man but a pouter, a quitter, fighter, and poor teamate?

cincrazy
07-29-2011, 10:05 PM
He's a good man but a pouter, a quitter, fighter, and poor teamate?

Correct. I think his intentions are well. He's not a TO, IMO. But on the field, I don't want to go to war with Chad Ochocinco. The guy doesn't handle adversity well. Calling him a quitter was a mistake on my part. I just think he gets discouraged too easily and loses focus.

Redsfaithful
07-30-2011, 08:35 AM
The leaders should have been the QB and HC/coordinators. Carson, Marvin, and Brat all could have managed Chad better. It's not like having a diva WR on the roster is something unique.

Ultimately, I don't blame Chad for the quitting or pouting any more than I blame Carson for retiring. I honestly don't think it would have happened if he played for a real football team.

MrCinatit
07-30-2011, 08:53 AM
It was only seven years ago, Chad, Carson etc. were going to lead the Bengals to the promised land. That dynasty certainly fell flat on its face. Two winning seasons, two playoff appearances, zero wins. Pathetic.

Mario-Rijo
07-30-2011, 09:22 AM

While true one thing he has always done well with a good QB is eat a cover 2 for breakfast, he will help the Pats vs. the Colts.

Mario-Rijo
07-30-2011, 09:27 AM

Same here. Chad was often misunderstood off the field. I didn't mind anything he did with one small exception. His unwillingness or inability to focus at times made him screw up on the field. Way more stupid penalties for a WR than one would think possible and some costly drops at important times. Aside from that Chad was a good person and player who meant well and all the players know it even if the fans and media can't figure it out.

George Foster
07-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Palmer now has an excuse to come back. I would just to spite Brown...take his money. Has he filed his retirement papers yet?

SeeinRed
07-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Palmer now has an excuse to come back. I would just to spite Brown...take his money. Has he filed his retirement papers yet?

I don't see how that does anything to prove a point to Brown. The Bengals have plenty of cap room for him to come back. In fact, it would probably be a dream come true for Brown. It would seem to me that the only person who would be hurt by coming back would be Palmer himself.

bucksfan2
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Chad was a very good WR during his time as a Bengal. He was a guy who went very hot and very cold with Bengal fans. He was a diva but lets not overlook the fact that he was very good both on and off the field here in Cincy.

All that said I say good riddance to Chad. He hasn't been the same WR over the course of the past 3 seasons. He no longer has the speed to stretch the defense deep and he never was a good over the middle type WR. He is a guy whose best days are behind him. I don't really understand all the hoopla surrounding his move to the Pats. Its nice preseason fodder but when the "bullets start to fly" I don't think we see a very productive Chad.