PDA

View Full Version : Something brewing?

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 03:11 PM
From ORG:
Travis Wood, who was supposed to start for the Bats tonight,is not in the lineup, Maloney is pitching.

From Twitter:
Jim_in_Cincy Jim Mason
I have it on good authority that the #Reds are about to make a unpopular trade announcement.

???

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 03:13 PM
dont do something dumb please !!

Billy Hamilton's Legs
07-29-2011, 03:15 PM
From ORG:
Travis Wood, who was supposed to start for the Bats tonight,is not in the lineup, Maloney is pitching.

From Twitter:
Jim_in_Cincy Jim Mason
I have it on good authority that the #Reds are about to make a unpopular trade announcement.

???

Yup. I'm a little worried about this one. Something tells me this move is not going to be for someone we expected and it's going to be for a price none of us will be very happy with. If young pitching is going the other way, sounds like a move for a SP. Color me scared. There seems to be a discrepancy between what Ownership wants to do and what Walt wants. Doesn't sound good to me...

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't know what this is all about....

From Twitter:
TheOnlySweeney Andy Sweeney
@m_sheldon : Mark, it's Andy w/ESPN 680 in Lville...you hearing anything about King Felix and the #Reds?

Billy Hamilton's Legs
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Although he may not have earned it yet, Walt is a man I trust at the helm. I honestly think he has a good sense of what's best for the team and how to make moves. In that past he's been a guy to make big, oftentimes good, moves at the deadline. I think, as potential buyers, a move on sunday would make me feel that I wasn't overpaying. It seems too early for a blockbuster that would go in our favor.

UPDATE: No Heisey or Alonso in the lineup.

Newman4
07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Anyone see Shields for Alonso, Wood and Heisey as a possibility?

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Someone mentioned on Twitter which I didn't even think about either...

What if it's someone on the ML roster and Wood is getting called up?

Billy Hamilton's Legs
07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Anyone see Shields for Alonso, Wood and Heisey as a possibility?

That would be ideal! But that leaves Fred Lewis to play LF all by himself. Maybe more pieces involved and Upton coming the other way to play LF?

NorrisHopper30
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Wood rescheduled for tomorrow night.

Newman4
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
That would be ideal! But that leaves Fred Lewis to play LF all by himself. Maybe more pieces involved and Upton coming the other way to play LF?
Hunter Pence ;)

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 03:29 PM

Really?

It's that time of the year I guess. Everything gets overblown...

NorrisHopper30
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Really?

It's that time of the year I guess. Everything gets overblown...

Maybe setting it up so he can pitch for Leake tomorrow?? :stirthepot:

Billy Hamilton's Legs
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM

Say it was a trade, does it matter if he is "rescheduled?" The point being, as long as he isn't in the lineup tonight, he can be traded, right?

Newman4
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
From ORG:

From Twitter:
Jim_in_Cincy Jim Mason

???

You have to think about what it could mean with "unpopular" trade with some fans. I mean those of us who follow the Reds and know baseball economics would love to see someone take on Arroyo's salary for the next two year. However, to the casual person who watches the Reds occasionally, trading Arroyo would be upsetting.

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
You have to think about what it could mean with "unpopular" trade with some fans. I mean those of us who follow the Reds and know baseball economics would love to see someone take on Arroyo's salary for the next two year. However, to the casual person who watches the Reds occasionally, trading Arroyo would be upsetting.

im afraid of a move that makes us better this year and not next +

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Jon Heyman from SI saying were going hard after Michael Bourn...

Wood for Bourn as centerpieces?

mroby85
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM

If they get someone from Houston, Pence needs to be involved! lol

Newman4
07-29-2011, 03:46 PM
im afraid of a move that makes us better this year and not next + Yeah, rentals are useless at this point.

brm7675
07-29-2011, 03:50 PM

Going for Bourn is just not smart, horrible agent, not much left on contract. Would much rather go hard after Pence.

Newman4
07-29-2011, 03:57 PM
MLB Network just announced that Wood will start tomorrow night for Cincinnati instead of Mike Leake.

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 04:00 PM
MLB Network just announced that Wood will start tomorrow night for Cincinnati instead of Mike Leake.

omg

wlf WV
07-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Surely Jocketty wouldn't trade our 2nd best pitcher,under control for pennies(for years)for Bourne?

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Surely Jocketty wouldn't trade our 2nd best pitcher,under control for pennies(for years)for Bourne?

if he does i might cry

Red Rover
07-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Leake, Alonzo & Heisey for Pence & Bourn?

rolenmvp
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm hearing from diffrent ESPN outlets and insider news that pence is a done deal to cincy along with bourn.

wlf WV
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Leake, Alonzo & Heisey for Pence & Bourn?Why Bourne?

wlf WV
07-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Stubbs and Bourne?

Red Rover
07-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Stubbs or Bourn maybe headed to Rockies

rolenmvp
07-29-2011, 04:09 PM
could have a 3 way trade.

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM
would we really need bourn if were getting pence + keeping stubbs?

brm7675
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM

How about those 3 for Pence and Wandy?

brm7675
07-29-2011, 04:11 PM

Don't the Stros have a young 1st basemen already?

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 04:12 PM
According to everything I'm seeing MLB network screwed up.

Wood is pitching tomorrow for LOUISVILLE.

The official Bats twitter account even posted that Wood is pitching tomorrow and John Fay says it's a screw up also.

Girevik
07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
If either Leake or Wood is being considered in a trade right now, it would make sense for the Reds to pull him out tonight. Since they can't come out and say what's going to happen until the deal is official, the logical thing is to "reschedule" him for tomorrow. They can't say they are taking Wood down because "he's close ot being traded", or "he might fill in for Leake tomorrow because he's close to being traded". Nothing will be announced until after the trade is.

mroby85
07-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Where is all this Pence/Bourne/Stubbs stuff coming from? does any of it have any backing to it? I did hear Kurkjian say last night the Reds like Upton, and he emphasized they really like Pence, but other than that I haven't heard anything legit..

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Where is all this Pence/Bourne/Stubbs stuff coming from? does any of it have any backing to it? I did hear Kurkjian say last night the Reds like Upton, and he emphasized they really like Pence, but other than that I haven't heard anything legit..

i think its just rumors

Vottomatic
07-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Reds probably just put that out there to see if anyone makes a crazy trade offer.

I still wish we could trade with the Dodgers. They have what I want.

brm7675
07-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Reds probably just put that out there to see if anyone makes a crazy trade offer.

Dodgers are just so screwed up right now management/ownership wise I don't think they have any clue what they want to do or how to do it.

wlf WV
07-29-2011, 04:30 PM

Me too,but I believe Castellini is not going to sit still.Yes,the Dodgers have who many want,but it's said they're not trading them.

wlf WV
07-29-2011, 04:33 PM
According to everything I'm seeing MLB network screwed up.

Wood is pitching tomorrow for LOUISVILLE.

The official Bats twitter account even posted that Wood is pitching tomorrow and John Fay says it's a screw up also.I am not good at reading twitter,I thought Fay meant Maloney was not pitching for the Reds.

Girevik
07-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Dodgers are just so screwed up right now management/ownership wise I don't think they have any clue what they want to do or how to do it.

I'm not sure that MLB would even allow a trade of one of their big guys until the ownership thing is settled. If you try to make that deal, you run the risk of having the deal vetoed by the league and your next targets being gone.

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
I am not good at reading twitter,I thought Fay meant Maloney was not pitching for the Reds.

Fay is not very good at using twitter so you aren't only one :laugh:

He did leave it a little open to interpretation as to exactly what he was referring to.

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Jim_in_Cincy Jim Mason
Source: deal is close and involves 3 teams and several players. #Reds

Here we go again...

Are we going to be the supposed 3rd team needed in the Pence to the Phillies deal?

HatchMo
07-29-2011, 05:10 PM
If we are involved in a deal with pence and he goes somewhere else, I might lose a little faith.

40YrRedsFan
07-29-2011, 05:24 PM
I am going to sit back and say nothing, other than wait and see what happens. When I wake up Monday morning, I will see if the Reds management has done what is needed to help put a championship quality team on the field, either by making productive moves by trade, or by promoting from within with dead weight being jettisoned. Have a good weekend.

mroby85
07-29-2011, 05:33 PM
johnfaymanJohn Fay

Jocketty doesn't expect anything to happen as far until Sunday. Sounds like other teams are still asking too much. #reds More on blog soon

Girevik
07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I've never heard a GM say "we're really close...hang on just a minute and we'll have something to announce".

mroby85
07-29-2011, 05:48 PM
I've never heard a GM say "we're really close...hang on just a minute and we'll have something to announce".

Just letting ya know what I read on twitter, lol.

Girevik
07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I know...and I'm not saying there IS something about to pop. I just never listen to what a team has to say when it comes to trades or draft picks. 99% of it is misinformation to mislead other teams.

I could see the Reds actually being very close, but hung up on one point. So Jocketty makes the comment about "not being close" and "teams asking too much" hoping to get the other team to blink. Who knows?

Krawhitham
07-29-2011, 05:59 PM
From ORG:

From Twitter:
Jim_in_Cincy Jim Mason

???

Wood & Bruce for BJ Upton maybe

That would be a very dump and unpopular trade

I would not trade either one straight up for BJ

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Wood & Bruce for BJ Upton maybe

That would be a very dump and unpopular trade

I would not trade either one straight up for BJ

that does not even make sense

brm7675
07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
You don't give Bruce the type of deal you did in the offseason and then trade him a few months later...Bruce is going no where.

Krawhitham
07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
If either Leake or Wood is being considered in a trade right now, it would make sense for the Reds to pull him out tonight. Since they can't come out and say what's going to happen until the deal is official, the logical thing is to "reschedule" him for tomorrow. They can't say they are taking Wood down because "he's close ot being traded", or "he might fill in for Leake tomorrow because he's close to being traded". Nothing will be announced until after the trade is.

I would trade Leake before Wood

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I would trade Leake before Wood

reason?

Krawhitham
07-29-2011, 06:10 PM
that does not even make sense

Just going off wood not starting and yesterdays rumor

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2452376&postcount=1

R_Webb18
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Just going off wood not starting and yesterdays rumor

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2452376&postcount=1

that was from last night and not 1 person could find that.

Vottomatic
07-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Volquez has been on the phone for awhile. Something must be up.