PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to the Trade Deadline

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I figured it would make sense to start a new thread for the final 30 some odd hours before the deadline to organize the rumors/trades.

I think it also makes sense to keep this thread discussion to legitimate reports from known sources (SI, ESPN, FOX, etc).

What we know:

We are going hard after Michael Bourn.

We are in the "final four" of teams in on Jimenez.

Giants have strong interest in Hernandez.

We have interest in Shields/Upton.

We have interest in Ludwick.

Discuss.

Red Raindog
07-30-2011, 09:00 AM
ESPN Insider is reporting that if the Reds get Bourne that Stubbs could be moved to Atlanta ---

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 09:00 AM
The Rockies want Ivan Nova and two of Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, and Jesus Montero from the Yankees, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Sherman writes, "to say the Yankees and Rockies are not finding common ground on Jimenez’s value is an understatement." The Red Sox, Tigers, and Indians remain involved, while the Reds are "less heated to make a deal."

What would be our equivalent package?

Bailey, Mesoraco and Lotzkar?

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 09:05 AM
ESPN Insider is reporting that if the Reds get Bourne that Stubbs could be moved to Atlanta ---

If we could get some of their top pitching prospects then I might be okay with that...

Teheran + for Stubbs?

mr. red
07-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I'd rather see the Reds call up Sappelt, trade Ramon and bring up Mes.

Tuff Nut
07-30-2011, 09:15 AM
THIS......:beerme:

Problem is.......would Sappelt just ride the pine, like Yonder is doing? Can't beleive he hasn't started a game yet.

SidneySlicker
07-30-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm ok with bringing in Bourne , but they have to extend his contract. I want to like stubs, it's just that I can't get over his strikeouts. If the reds could get good value for him I'd have no problems moving him.

As for Jimenez while I'd love to see it, I think the asking price is just going to end up being too much. I don't see it happening.

Sheilds I'd love to see, but I really don't have any interest in Upton as I feel he's a down grade from Bruce. Not saying I feel the Reds should be sellers, but there isn't anyone that I wouldn't move minus probably Votto, Cueto, and Chapman if the price is right. That being said, I'd want major league ready players in return.

Vottomatic
07-30-2011, 09:24 AM

Bingo! Me too.

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 10:40 AM
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
teams still on ubaldo: #indians, #redsox, #bluejays, #reds. not counting out #yankees tho. #tradedeadline

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
#indians look like most likely for ludwick. seems like #braves, #reds concentrating on others. #tradedeadline

DocRed
07-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Nothing will happen yet again....

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
#Yankees hearing #Rockies may lower price on Jimenez today, but still not to point where NY considers deal realistic. #tradedeadline #MLB

R_Webb18
07-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Nothing will happen yet again....

so?

R_Webb18
07-30-2011, 10:54 AM

idk the point of this unless there bringin some1 else up or getting anthor person.

DocRed
07-30-2011, 10:55 AM
idk the point of this unless there bringin some1 else up or getting anthor person.

The point is improving your centerfield and leadoff position. Ie I just traded my Chrysler in for a BMW.

R_Webb18
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
The point is improving your centerfield and leadoff position. Ie I just traded my Chrysler in for a BMW.

tinny upgrade change if u put bourn in cf and the same old heisey/lewis in lf

Vottomatic
07-30-2011, 04:57 PM
What we know:

We are going hard after Michael Bourn.

No thanks.

We are in the "final four" of teams in on Jimenez.

Don't want him if we have to sell the farm to get him. I think it's a dump by Colorado and they are overvalueing him.

Giants have strong interest in Hernandez.

Yes, trade him now and get something. Giants need catching and are best trade partner for Ramon. Plus Ramon goes to a contender.

We have interest in Shields/Upton.

No thanks on Upton. Problem child who has never lived up to his hype.
I'd take Shields, but not giving up the farm for him.

We have interest in Ludwick.

Please, please.......no........don't do it.

I wish we were actually going for a legit 4-hole hitter, like Matt Kemp. It would make Votto that more dangerous with a good hitter behind him.

sammonator
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Looking like Ubaldo to the Indians.

takealeake
07-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Don't want him if we have to sell the farm to get him. I think it's a dump by Colorado and they are overvalueing him.

The Reds possibly overpaying for pitching??? No way. Impractical. Impossible!

Signed,

Eric Milton, Francisco Cordero, and Bronson Arroyo's real estate agents

Krawhitham
07-30-2011, 07:39 PM
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
furcal has 24 hrs to decide whether to accept trade to #cardinals. #tradedeadline

Red Raindog
07-30-2011, 07:41 PM
ESPN Insdier is reporting the Indians are close to getting Jimenez

YMMV

Krawhitham
07-30-2011, 07:46 PM
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
ubaldo was scratched. looks like a deal. #rockies, #indians

bshall2105
07-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm glad he's going to the AL.

MBZags
07-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Welp, no Ubaldo. I can't say I'm that disappointed.

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 09:07 PM
I magically appear back on RedsZone and our world has crumbled... :laugh:

Real world though...

Joel Sherman of The New York Post reports (on Twitter) that four days ago the Yankees asked the Rockies if they could perform a physical on Jimenez if the two sides came to an agreement on a trade. Colorado refused, so the Yankees backed out.

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 09:08 PM
As I posted my last post:

It appears that the Indians are getting a fourth player, Jon Heyman of SI.com reports (on Twitte r).

I assume he means that Colorado will receive a fourth player.

dcameron24
07-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Thom just reported Jimenez pulled from start and hugging teammates...

Can only assume Indians right?

dcameron24
07-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Reports on Twitter that Mesoraco is not in the Bats lineup today.

Could be nothing, but you never know...

dcameron24
07-31-2011, 12:47 PM
From a writer for Bleacher Report:

NKapWSoxMLB Nick Kapetan
Source: #Reds catcher Ramon Hernandez to #Indians. Another deal for AL central team that's not the #WhiteSox #trades