PDA

View Full Version : What do you think????

wvreds
07-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Since calling up Alonso he hasnt played and barely hit....with that said is he a part of some huge trade possibly tommorow?? Or Dusty being Krusty and since he is young he cant play??

smoke6
07-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Dusty being Dusty..... Getting tired of it myself.

powersackers
07-30-2011, 11:39 PM
He should be on his way to Colorado right now with Boxberger and Hamilton.

Prf15
07-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I do not understand why Walt/Dusty decided to call up a top level prospect and have him ride pine. You need to get the kid some regular at bats, whether that is in the majors or minors, he needs to keep playing.

Even though he struggled before, I would have rather seen Hermida up.

sammonator
07-30-2011, 11:58 PM
I do not understand why Walt/Dusty decided to call up a top level prospect and have him ride pine. You need to get the kid some regular at bats, whether that is in the majors or minors, he needs to keep playing.

This.
No reason for Alonso to be up here unless he is playing everyday.

sdwagers
07-30-2011, 11:59 PM

Dusty loves his veterans. Since LF is not Alonso's primary spot - no start.

And with Zito on the mound tomorrow... Heisey will get the nod vs. the LHP.

The DARK
07-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Since LF is not Alonso's primary spot - no start.

This is probably the key here, along with some disconnect between Walt and Dusty.

Walt sees a chance to showcase his prime prospect for a trade and bring some energy back to the team. Dusty, however, sees a kid forced into a position he's not yet comfortable with in the middle of a pennant race. It's not that Dusty specifically loves veterans (see: Drew Stubbs, Jay Bruce), it's that he loves guys with the well-defined skillsets built up over the course of a career. A non-athletic guy moving away from first base for the first time in his career and just starting his MLB career doesn't help, especially given the poor defense put on display recently by these Reds.

Krawhitham
07-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Since calling up Alonso he hasnt played and barely hit....with that said is he a part of some huge trade possibly tommorow?? Or Dusty being Krusty and since he is young he cant play??

He is giving HI-C a chance like everyone has been b****ing about for 2 years

bshall2105
07-31-2011, 12:38 AM
He is giving HI-C a chance like everyone has been b****ing about for 2 years noe

Heisey is so last month. Alonso for LF!!!!!!