PDA

View Full Version : I only got this to say...

rolenmvp
07-30-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm disappointed in walt. others team's address their needs and yet we sit on our hands, same ole cincinnati reds. Big Bob says the winning starts now back in 08 and yet I've only seen 1 good year and that was last year.

mrherd05
07-30-2011, 11:59 PM
If the Pirates make a trade...ANY TRADE..thats when i will be pissed at Walt for sure.

sammonator
07-31-2011, 12:00 AM
If the Pirates make a trade...ANY TRADE..thats when i will be pissed at Walt for sure.

They just traded for Derrek Lee.

sdwagers
07-31-2011, 12:04 AM
I wish we would have made a bigger splash in the off-season... so far given what's out there and the price the Reds would have paid on the trade market... I 'm okay standing pat.

This team needs a TOR starter and a big RH bat in LF.

Krawhitham
07-31-2011, 12:33 AM
They just traded for Derrek Lee.

Does that even count?

how does D Lee improve them?

R_Webb18
07-31-2011, 12:40 AM
out of all the player mentioned theres some good players but nothing great. so why brake the bank with such high price tags?

lidspinner
07-31-2011, 02:33 AM
I agree not to break the bank but please tell me what team broke the bank? Who gave up proven talent for proven talent? Not the phillies, certainly not the indians, what team that traded for talent gave away sure fire talent?

Sure fire talent is someone who has actually produced at the AAA level and made a contribution to the big league club at some point in time.

I'd trade Billy Hamilton every day of the week for a Bourn,Pence, or James shields or even ubaldo. The odds of Hamilton reaching the Reds and producing at the level of Bourn or Pence is slim to none and by the time he is ready will Joey Votto still be here? Like it or not this team needs Joey to make a run at a title....Joey needs guys at the top to get on base and guys around him to protect him at the plate and we are inches away from a dominant pitching staff. The pieces to the puzzle are all there, walt just cannot put it together and visualize the timeframe that this needs to happen.

By the time Yonder, Devin, Billy and hell, jay Bruce for that matter are ready to contribute to a championship team, we might not have votto and BPhil, we will be relying on a who knows what pen, and the odds tell you that 2 of the 4 minor leaguers will not be on the Reds in 3 years, they will still be in the minors or out of baseball.

The time to go for te gusto is NOW and Walt has sat back and put all his eggs in the "I hope my minor leaguers become all stars" basket. This franchise is selling out games once again and proving to ownership that we will show up....but if walts plan does not give us another central title this year or next, the fans will never come back.

HatchMo
07-31-2011, 02:41 AM
I agree not to break the bank but please tell me what team broke the bank? Who gave up proven talent for proven talent? Not the phillies, certainly not the indians, what team that traded for talent gave away sure fire talent?

Sure fire talent is someone who has actually produced at the AAA level and made a contribution to the big league club at some point in time.

I'd trade Billy Hamilton every day of the week for a Bourn,Pence, or James shields or even ubaldo. The odds of Hamilton reaching the Reds and producing at the level of Bourn or Pence is slim to none and by the time he is ready will Joey Votto still be here? Like it or not this team needs Joey to make a run at a title....Joey needs guys at the top to get on base and guys around him to protect him at the plate and we are inches away from a dominant pitching staff. The pieces to the puzzle are all there, walt just cannot put it together and visualize the timeframe that this needs to happen.

By the time Yonder, Devin, Billy and hell, jay Bruce for that matter are ready to contribute to a championship team, we might not have votto and BPhil, we will be relying on a who knows what pen, and the odds tell you that 2 of the 4 minor leaguers will not be on the Reds in 3 years, they will still be in the minors or out of baseball.

The time to go for te gusto is NOW and Walt has sat back and put all his eggs in the "I hope my minor leaguers become all stars" basket. This franchise is selling out games once again and proving to ownership that we will show up....but if walts plan does not give us another central title this year or next, the fans will never come back.

This is what I'm talking about! The tribe gave up 3 prospects and a throw in for ubaldo. They gave up their #2, #4, #9 prospects, which for us is Billy Hamilton, Alonso, and boxberger. If you wouldn't trade those people for ubaldo or pence your out of your mind. Unless we get shields at 4 pm tmw, walt is asleep at the wheel.

BluegrassRedleg
07-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Does that even count?

how does D Lee improve them?

Veteran bat fits in well with their young club, on and off the field. Not a blockbuster by any stretch, but a good pickup IMO.

AustinG513
07-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Why is everyone so quick to jump on walt. A trade for the sac of a trade is idiotic. What should he have done offered Leake offered misrocho offered chapman would that made you happy i think not

AustinG513
07-31-2011, 05:22 AM
Lee will not I repeat will not get Pitt to the playoffs. They were better off doing nothing in my opinion. They probably felt like its a way to keep fans happy. Show that managment is trying or tried. Its to sell tickets point blank period

Vottomatic
07-31-2011, 10:07 AM
This is what I'm talking about! The tribe gave up 3 prospects and a throw in for ubaldo. They gave up their #2, #4, #9 prospects, which for us is Billy Hamilton, Alonso, and boxberger. If you wouldn't trade those people for ubaldo or pence your out of your mind. Unless we get shields at 4 pm tmw, walt is asleep at the wheel.

I agree. I would have given them Alonso, Hamilton, and Boxberger, with obviously Hamilton being the tough one to give up.

Hamilton can steal alot of bases, but he's in single A and has a long way to go. I'm not convinced at this point he'll ever make the big leagues.

Interesting prospect to say the least, but I'd rather have the frontline pitching if it doesn't cost too much. And I don't think that was too much.

But they said on WLW that Walt said Mesoraco and Hamilton are the 2 untouchables.