PDA

View Full Version : Worth Going After Wandy?

The DARK
07-31-2011, 11:44 AM
He's a guy who's been perhaps the only reliable pitcher for the Astros after they dumped Oswalt, with a sub- 3.60 ERA for 4 years running now. He's also a lefty with a solid ground ball rate, and .

Is he worth trading a couple of prospects for? For the sake of having someone worthy to start for that miserable Astros team, I think they'd be attracted to Alonso.

Stray
07-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I think he'll be a Yankee pretty soon.

They're selling everything right now. If Wandy is dealt I'm not sure if I could even list 3 Houston Astros without having to look it up.

sdwagers
07-31-2011, 12:12 PM
For me it's a pass. Let the Yankees overpay. We need a TOR not a 3rd in rotation starter.

Krawhitham
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
If the Yankees do not like his contract the Reds must hate his contract

malcontent
07-31-2011, 12:26 PM
He's a guy who's been perhaps the only reliable pitcher for the Astros after they dumped Oswalt, with a sub- 3.60 ERA for 4 years running now. He's also a lefty with a solid ground ball rate, and .

Is he worth trading a couple of prospects for? For the sake of having someone worthy to start for that miserable Astros team, I think they'd be attracted to Alonso.
He's the one guy that appears to be available that I'd really like to get.

His contract would mean less required in the way of prospects to Houston, I would think.

OK. Here goes. Stubbs for Rodriguez.

They could use him with Bourn gone. Texas boy.

Fred Lewis your new leadoff dude who won't whiff 220 times.

R_Webb18
07-31-2011, 12:32 PM
no

Vottomatic
07-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Well, I haven't liked any of the other guys...........but I've always had a secret crush on Wandy. He's got some good stuff. I don't know much about his contract, and maybe I would change my mind if I did.

But based on quality of pitching, I like Wandy. I'd take him in a heartbeat for the right deal.

Red Raindog
07-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Well, I haven't liked any of the other guys...........but I've always had a secret crush on Wandy. He's got some good stuff. I don't know much about his contract, and maybe I would change my mind if I did.

But based on quality of pitching, I like Wandy. I'd take him in a heartbeat for the right deal.

10 million next year -- 13 million the next & club option for 13 million the next -- but that can be guaranteed with him meeting some performance numbers -- I don't know the numbers -- but you are looking at a pile of money.