PDA

View Full Version : Giant sweep

40YrRedsFan
07-31-2011, 06:54 PM
How is it we were able to sweep the Giants, but we couldn't do anything with the Mets? Well, a couple of observations....first, we scored early against the Giants and second, we received two well pitched games on Sat & Sun. But I think another contributing factor was the fact that Dusty didn't have to make many, if any game on the line decisions on Sat & Sun. We scored enough runs to take the decision making out of his hands. A lot of his decisions have left me scratching my head, or just down right mad. Just my thoughts.

R_Webb18
07-31-2011, 06:56 PM
we just played good.

Vottomatic
07-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Cairo had a team meeting and showed some leadership to the guys. They listened to him and started to do the little things like he said.

Hopefully things start to take off.

I'd like to make the playoffs, but I don't see us going far in the postseason if we do. So..........even better would be winning the Central and causing the Brewers, Cards and Pirates to have wasted their farm systems in trade. LOL.

foxfire123
07-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Cairo knocked their heads outta their butts, that's what happened. :)

40YrRedsFan
07-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Now that the trade deadline has passed, I would sure like to see more playing time for some of the rookies. I like the idea of bringing up Mes, Sappelt, maybe even Boxberger,
but I suppose Walt will wait for the Sept. 1 callup date.

LeDoux
07-31-2011, 07:05 PM
How is it we were able to sweep the Giants, but we couldn't do anything with the Mets? Well, a couple of observations....first, we scored early against the Giants and second, we received two well pitched games on Sat & Sun. But I think another contributing factor was the fact that Dusty didn't have to make many, if any game on the line decisions on Sat & Sun. We scored enough runs to take the decision making out of his hands. A lot of his decisions have left me scratching my head, or just down right mad. Just my thoughts.

I agree that Dusty hasn't made any crazy decisions lately. If they gave WAR ratings to managers, Dusty might be -5.0 on the year - but he didn't do anything really maddening over the weekened series. But it is not unusual for the Reds to crush LHP; and the Mets loaded up LHP to crush the Reds righties. The defense falling apart vs. the Mets didn't help either.

It was a tale of two teams. I like the second team best.

Red Raindog
07-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Cueto pitching like he did today - and pretty much all season -- will make any team look better!

sdwagers
07-31-2011, 09:29 PM
brutal defense this weekend at times (both teams), Giants never had much offense plus quality starts by the SPs = a sweep.

redcat
07-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Pitching was better for the Giants than against the Mets.

But the Mets just hit the ball much better than the Giants. Playing with a lead is always much easier, and the Reds got to do that all weekend against SF and were almost always behind vs. NY.

SwingKing01
07-31-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't know but I like it!

abish1572
07-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Like i said, its not over 'till the fat lady sings! We're still in the race...With pirates getting butt rape by the phillies the past few games and the reds sweeping the giants is a good notion on a turnaround...Remember, we still have games against stl, brewcrew, and the pirates! So lets not hang up the towel 'till its actually over