PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Go First?

WVRed
07-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Title says it all.

I'm going with Dusty. We have a young team that I believe will break out next season. We had a sophomore slump this season but I think Dusty's veteran preference is going to do more harm than good going forward.

Walt could have made a big deal for next year and clearly that did not happen. But Dusty is in a position where he could do the most harm to a young team.

jojo
07-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Careful what you wish for....you could end up with Eric Wedge....

reds44
07-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Neither is going anywhere anytime soon.

Ghosts of 1990
07-31-2011, 11:43 PM
I'll be able to give you a nice answer in 2 months... there is 2 months left. A lot can happen. Or so we hope.

OnBaseMachine
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Fire Dusty, hire Dave Martinez away from the Rays. I really like the way the Rays organization is ran, from the manager up to the front office.

Caveat Emperor
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Neither. I think both are doing a fine job within the constraints that are set by payroll and market size.

How quickly people forget the awfulness of what else is out there in terms of GMs and managers.

Tom Servo
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Neither. I think both are doing a fine job within the constraints that are set by payroll and market size.

How quickly people forget the awfulness of what else is out there in terms of GMs and managers.
Agreed on both points. If Walt goes, Bavasi is likely our man.

mdccclxix
08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
If we're hoping our young players develop, why aren't we hoping our manager develops? I mean, how hard is it to take inventory more often with Dusty and have him work on areas of improvement. He seemingly has improved his handling of a rotation. He plays a lot of young players. The only thing I want to see from him is a little stronger hand if it's required to focus the team. IMO, the Reds should have never fallen below .500. The standard should have been higher. He's great at softening the blow of failure, but perhaps to a fault this season. Other than that, his in game stuff has been backfiring a little more often, but a lot of that is players letting him down. If players can fail and improve, I think Dusty should be able to as well.

Caveat Emperor
08-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Agreed on both points. If Walt goes, Bavasi is likely our man.

Pray for the children should that come to pass.

RichRed
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Not to mention some of the awfulness in the Reds' own not-so-distant past.