PDA

View Full Version : a trade i would like to see done in the offseason

joe51391
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
With coco coming off the books hopefully i would like to see a trade with the nationals we would get drew storen for heisey or stubbs they are looking to upgrade at cf while we need a good young closer sounds like something could get done there plus we would probly get more back in the deal but thats what i would like to see

brm7675
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
With coco coming off the books hopefully i would like to see a trade with the nationals we would get drew storen for heisey or stubbs they are looking to upgrade at cf while we need a good young closer sounds like something could get done there plus we would probly get more back in the deal but thats what i would like to see

We have Chapman, Massett, heck even Bry could all do it, you don't trade for something you already have. Plus you never know...maybe Walt resigns Co-Co...:thumbup:

DocRed
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
We have Chapman, Massett, heck even Bry could all do it, you don't trade for something you already have. Plus you never know...maybe Walt resigns Co-Co...:thumbup:

This...we don't need a closer we have 4-5 guys who could close RIGHT NOW.....ie Masset, Ondrusek, Bray, Chapman or LeCure IMO. Closers are so overrated it's not even funny.

Redsnake
08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
You could even add Broxberger to that list. The AAA pitcher is special!!

webbbj
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
No TY.

alucas1505
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I think that Boxberger will at least get a shot to close next year. I'd rather Chapman be turned into a starter rather than a closer. If not Boxberger, than Bray. He has come in during some pressure situations late in games and has faired pretty well.

Vottomatic
08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Reds need to trade Stubbs and a package of prospects to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp. And a bigger package if the Dodgers are willing to include Billingsley or Kershaw.

Kemp completes that batting order big time.

Redsnake
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Reds need to trade Stubbs and a package of prospects to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp. And a bigger package if the Dodgers are willing to include Billingsley or Kershaw.

I've wanted to stay away from trading Grandal and Mesarco all together.
However, if the Dodgers would trade both Kershaw and Kemp I would feel fine letting one of them go.

FireDusty
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM

No thanks.

Krawhitham
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM

It would take Stubbs, Yonder, Mez, & and another to get just Kemp

And Kemp could leave after 2012 he only has one more arbitration year left

brm7675
08-03-2011, 02:30 PM

While I would love to have Kemp, it won't happen. Right now the Dodgers are not going to move any major players until the ownership issue is resloved and then....depending on whom the owner is will probably want to Keep Kemp as a major player to build around.

Stray
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I think if Ondrusek or Masset are closing games next year we'll be missing Coco pretty bad.

TheBigLebowski
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
I think if Ondrusek or Masset are closing games next year we'll be missing Coco pretty bad.

I would cringe if Ondrusek is our closer. I might simply wince if it's Masset.

Vottomatic
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
I would cringe if Ondrusek is our closer. I might simply wince if it's Masset.

I would scream out in pain if Fisher was our closer.