PDA

View Full Version : Not that it matters, but...

BluegrassRedleg
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
... why in the world was Aroldis Chapman not called on when Houston got 1st and 3rd with no outs in the last inning?

I've long since conceded this year was over, no matter what happened tonight. Just curious as a baseball fan in general.

You're in a situation where you obviously need a K (or three) and you've got a guy who throws 100-plus. Their team has several new guys who have never seen anything like AC.

Why was he not in the game?

goreds18
08-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Said the same thing when I was watching. You absolutely have to make that move. Ondrusek has been good this year but not a guy you have confidence in to get 3 straight outs. You have to lose with your best players. There's no way those new guys touch Chapman.

Vottomatic
08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Dusty's response........"it all happened so fast"

mikdavrut
08-01-2011, 11:59 PM
... why in the world was Aroldis Chapman not called on when Houston got 1st and 3rd with no outs in the last inning?

I've long since conceded this year was over, no matter what happened tonight. Just curious as a baseball fan in general.

You're in a situation where you obviously need a K (or three) and you've got a guy who throws 100-plus. Their team has several new guys who have never seen anything like AC.

I can give you just about the most honest answer you're going to get:

Dusty Baker.

There's your answer.

Why? Who the frig' knows? The guy couldn't properly manage a little league club.

redram
08-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Said the same thing when I was watching. You absolutely have to make that move. Ondrusek has been good this year but not a guy you have confidence in to get 3 straight outs. You have to lose with your best players. There's no way those new guys touch Chapman.

For that matter he should have been out there to start the inning. All Ondrusek has done lately is lose games for us in a tie situation. Another scratch your head Dusty Baker move and then non move. Baker has got to go. The Bullpen was rested yet he throws Logan out there yet again. When they said he was coming into the game I knew it was over unless we scored. Saying that it really should have never come to that. If these players could score a runner from third with less than 2 outs you would have seen Cordero in the 9th for the save.

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 12:09 AM

because he wasn't warmed up?

Now don't ask me why ---

wlf WV
08-02-2011, 12:10 AM
because he wasn't warmed up?

Now don't ask me why ---Why wasn't he warmed up?

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Why wasn't he warmed up?

OK --- you are OUT of my will

:lol:

wlf WV
08-02-2011, 12:14 AM
I was gonna offer you a plan now at a reduced rate.:D

wlf WV
08-02-2011, 12:16 AM
OK --- you are OUT of my will

:lol:Your avatar was my first favorite Red.

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Your avatar was my first favorite Red.

Still is my fav

BluegrassRedleg
08-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Still is my fav

He was just a little bit before my time, but I know quite a few Reds fans in the family who loved VP.

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 07:41 AM
He was just a little bit before my time, but I know quite a few Reds fans in the family who loved VP.

He wasn't before my time!

Cincinnati 8
08-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I also Love Vada Pinson. He may be my favorate Reds player of all time

nux fan
08-02-2011, 04:42 PM
because Baker is functionally brain dead, all he can say is Its huge or Its big

brm7675
08-02-2011, 04:49 PM
They are limiting his appearances and work load which is EXACTLY why he is a horrible choice to work out of the bullpen. Guys in teh bullpen need to have rubber arms and able to go when needed no matter what. It takes a special kind of pitcher to work out of the pen. This is just example 1,234,345 as to why the Reds are horribly ran by both Dusty and Walt.