PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD the Reds fire Dusty?

Vottomatic
08-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Simple question.

mikdavrut
08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
YYYEEESSSSSSSSS!!! PLEASE!!!

I have taken all I can of Dusty Baker.

malcontent
08-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes, yes, yes.

A million times yes.

malcontent
08-02-2011, 01:00 AM
I know that I only voted once.

Who are all these anonymous bashers?

And where are all the apologists? We know you're out there.

:confused:

BluegrassRedleg
08-02-2011, 02:25 AM
I have abstained from voting based on the way the two options are listed, but I think Dusty should move on. He's not the right fit for this club, especially if we're playing for the future. Playing veterans for months who hit on the .1nterstate and leading off a guy who's going to K 200+ times has worn out my patience with him. I acknowledge that he's a good baseball man who's had a lot of success. I appreciate what he did for the team last year, and I don't think this season is all his fault. But it's time for someone new at the helm.

LeDoux
08-02-2011, 02:38 AM
I have abstained from voting based on the way the two options are listed, but I think Dusty should move on. He's not the right fit for this club, especially if we're playing for the future. Playing veterans for months who hit on the .1nterstate and leading off a guy who's going to K 200+ times has worn out my patience with him. I acknowledge that he's a good baseball man who's had a lot of success. I appreciate what he did for the team last year, and I don't think this season is all his fault. But it's time for someone new at the helm.

I voted yes, but I agree in that I would not have phrased it in terms of "blame." No hard feelings, but it is time to part ways.

malcontent
08-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Leading off with CP in 2008 (0.238 OBP) and T-Virus in 2009 (0.275 OBP) should have been cause enough for dismissal.

I remember Patterson going TWO MONTHS between walks.

In 2009 Taveras had the worst OPS in MLB, while Seabass had the worst OBP.

Baker hit them 1/2 (CF/SS).

Just staggeringly inexcusable managerial incompetence.

BluegrassRedleg
08-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Leading off with CP in 2008 (0.238 OBP) and T-Virus in 2009 (0.275 OBP) should have been cause enough for dismissal.

My biggest single beef about this organization is it's been about 20 years since we've had a prototype leadoff man who could set the table for the offense. This has culminated with the clowns you listed being used by Dusty, and it's almost as absurd with Stubbs fanning like there's no tomorrow.

NCCardfan
08-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Yes he should be gone. It should not be a 'you're fired' ala Donald Trump and a mutual agreement to part ways at the end of the season. JMHO

Todd Gack
08-02-2011, 06:59 AM

Dusty has plenty of bonified decisions, but he simply had no choice to trot those guys out every night back then. We simply had no other options.

FireDusty
08-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Worst fit in the major leagues.

Who Dey Time
08-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Plain and simple for everyone to understand....Dusty Baker 10,000% WILL NOT be fired after this season. Nor should he be.

mr. red
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
The guy over-manages. Whether it's the nightly double switch, playing someone on a consistent basis so "they can get out of their funk," or not using your closer or Cuban LHP that has been dominant since being called back up from AAA in a tied game, Dusty has lost all of my faith. He isn't a bad guy, but he does appear to be a clueless one. It's time for him to go. Right now.

krm1580
08-02-2011, 11:26 AM
I think Dusty is a good guy and he can be a good manager. I just think he is a much better fit for a team like the Yankees or Red Sox where he can just roll the same starting lineup everyday and just keep people's egos in check.

My main issue is he just seems to manage with a hard set of rules without looking at the bigger picture. Jonny Gomes can't hit righties and is batting .196, lets keep running him out there til he gets hot. Cordero has pitched 3 games in a row and is out of gas, lets run him out there a 4th straight day, he is the closer.

brm7675
08-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Both Dusty and Walt need to move on, neither are in touch with today's game and how you put together a winning franchise. I don't believe either will be gone but we can hope.

brm7675
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Plain and simple for everyone to understand....Dusty Baker 10,000% WILL NOT be fired after this season. Nor should he be.

Okay if he should not be fired then "what" needs to happen to change around this team for the 2012 season.

malcontent
08-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Dusty has plenty of bonified decisions, but he simply had no choice to trot those guys out every night back then. We simply had no other options.
He apparently played a major role in getting the FO to sign both those guys.

That doesn't exonerate Krivsky or Jocketty, naturally.

But to continue to leadoff with them game after game long after it was crystal-clear to anyone with a functioning neuron that they were total busts was completely inexcusable.

He should have been canned almost two years ago. Of course, he never should have been hired in the first place.

smixsell
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
The guy over-manages. Whether it's the nightly double switch, playing someone on a consistent basis so "they can get out of their funk," or not using your closer or Cuban LHP that has been dominant since being called back up from AAA in a tied game, Dusty has lost all of my faith. He isn't a bad guy, but he does appear to be a clueless one. It's time for him to go. Right now.

Spot on.

malcontent
08-05-2011, 05:42 PM
bump

bshall2105
08-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I jumped on the Fire Dusty train during the last Milwaukee series. I had been neutral up until that point, but now I am all for getting rid of him.

smixsell
04-19-2012, 12:51 PM
FREEDOM! (in my best "William Wallace" impression/accent)

PS That means YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS I am honored by your quoting me Vottomatic. :)