PDA

View Full Version : According to Fay

brm7675
08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Fay held an online chat this morning and here are a few tid bits..

1. Both Dusty and Walt will be back next year, the fault of this years failure is with the players, not management.

2. Chances of Rolen retiring after season...almost zero

3. Cozart's a lock, so is Mesoraco in my mind. Probably on Alonso and Frazier. I'm guessing no on Sappelt on breaking camp next year with the club.

4. After the season, do you see the Reds offering aribitration to Ramon Hernandez and Francisco Cordero? Very slippery slope. If they accept, the payroll goes through the roof. And I'm guessing they would

KOBasinger
08-02-2011, 01:25 PM

1. Both Dusty and Walt will be back next year, the fault of this years failure is with the players, not management.

Wait, whaaaat??

o_0

Newman4
08-02-2011, 01:30 PM
John Fay is no more knowledgeable than you or I. Reading his stuff is dreadful. He states the obvious and then distorts it with his personnal opinion and then puts it all out to the public. He loves gloating on Twitter also. It's amazing that he is gainfully employed.

malcontent
08-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Chances of Rolen retiring after season...almost zero
Chance of Rolen maintaining game-face during death-spiral performance?

Excellent.

Krawhitham
08-02-2011, 02:30 PM

using the pythagorean expectation the Reds should be 59-50 but the Reds are 53-56

From 9 games above .500 to 3 games under, a 12 game swing

That to me means the manager SUCKS

Newman4
08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
using the pythagorean expectation the Reds should be 59-50 but the Reds are 53-56

I think you're on the right track. It's definitely more than just "bad luck" as to why the Reds lose more close games than they win.

smixsell
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
John Fay is no more knowledgeable than you or I. Reading his stuff is dreadful. He states the obvious and then distorts it with his personnal opinion and then puts it all out to the public. He loves gloating on Twitter also. It's amazing that he is gainfully employed.

Agreed. Except he is much LESS knowledgeable than I. :o)

smixsell
08-02-2011, 03:45 PM

Bullseye.