PDA

View Full Version : Brewer cheating or Cardinal whining?

LeDoux
08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Pitching coach David Duncan suggested the possibility that the Brewers are stealing signs from the catcher when playing at home. The Brewers have a 40-14 record at home (74%) and a record of 21-35 (37.5%) on the road. Is there something rotten in Milwaukee, or are the Cards just doing what they do best?

Stray
08-02-2011, 05:45 PM
The Cardinals have never lost a game due to being outplayed. Ever.

TheBigLebowski
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I hate the Cardinals. I really, really do.

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I hate the Cardinals. I really, really do.

I bet I hate them more ----- :laugh:

LexRedsFan
08-02-2011, 06:58 PM
It wouldnt completely shock me, but I would have to see actual proof from someone besides the Whiney Birds to believe it.

Magdal
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
It wouldnt completely shock me, but I would have to see actual proof from someone besides the Whiney Birds to believe it.There's more....Tony filed a complaint to the Umps to be taken up by the league office on THIS:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/126621998.html

foxfire123
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Duncan want some cheese with that whine?

More proof before I'd believe it was anything more than Cardinal babyism.

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
There's more....Tony filed a complaint to the Umps to be taken up by the league office on THIS:

Wow -- that whining is lame lame lame -- even by the Whiny Cards' standards

Hey Meat
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
My God, I hate the Cardinals!

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
My God, I hate the Cardinals!

Take a number ----

brm7675
08-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Hey I will take the whining and such...they are winning and doing so with major losses due to injury throughout the season. At least they are IN the playoff race....

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey I will take the whining and such...they are winning and doing so with major losses due to injury throughout the season. At least they are IN the playoff race....

results over dignity?

;)

BurgervilleBuck
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
There's more....Tony filed a complaint to the Umps to be taken up by the league office on THIS:

Was anything changed? ;)

Magdal
08-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Was anything changed? ;)No, there's nothing that can be done for night games.

Watching Cards/Brews and Hrabowski and the other guy say that they are pretty sure that Bernie Brewer, the mascot use to steal signs and would clap his hands when a fastball was coming.

Those tricky Brewers!:eek:

markymark69
08-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Anyone who ever said anything negative about Brandon Phillips' comments about the Cardinals last year - needs to apologize to him.

If any Cards fans read this - all I have to say is the truth hurts.

Krawhitham
08-02-2011, 09:16 PM
As much as I hate the Cards, .740 at home VS .375 on the road, something more than home cooking is going on

Natty Redlocks
08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
As much as I hate the Cards, .740 at home VS .375 on the road, something more than home cooking is going on

Yeah, I remember the series at Colorado last year, when every ball the Reds crushed died on the warning track, and the Rockies' fly balls just flew right on out. Why is it so hard to believe that teams engage in shenanigans if they can get away with it?

Hate the Cardinals all you want, but they're the ones still in it.

Vottomatic
08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
How come the Cardinals are the only ones you ever hear complaining?

Sheesh. It gets old. Babies through and through.

Magdal
08-02-2011, 09:48 PM
More stuff: They just closed the roof due to a storm brewing. 5 minutes later Hrabowski mentioned that rain was pouring down in front of the booth, then a leak developed that was getting Molina and the Ump wet. He called time out from confusion. LOL....never a dull moment!

BTW, Little Jaime Garcia just jerked his 1st career bomb to give the Cards the lead. Reds may pick up a game.

Another thought: who do Reds fans root for in this situation:confused:

Pete4prez
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Cardinals and Carpenter are cry babies.

bshall2105
08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I wish you guys would stop insulting the greatest coaching staff in MLB history.

Newman4
08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Motte just beaned Braun after throwing at him once....and then again. Tossed from the game. Announcers called the Cardinals "bushleague" lol:D Actually, Correction - Motte NOT ejected somehow. TLR just pulled him. Game on MLB Network.

R_Webb18
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Motte just beaned Braun after throwing at him once....and then again. Tossed from the game. Announcers called the Cardinals "bushleague" lol:D

did albert leave the game?

Newman4
08-02-2011, 10:41 PM
did albert leave the game?

No he's in there.

Eric the Red
08-02-2011, 10:50 PM
The Brewers color analyst is letting his feeling toward Tony LaRussa and the Cardinals be known as is Brewers beat writer, Tom Haudricourt via twitter:

Well, it didn't take long. Motte drills Braun. The Cardinals are so pathetic. They think they run this sport. How can no one get ejected?
La Russa left his hardest thrower -- Motte -- in to drill Braun, then takes him out. Now both sides get warned so Cards get free shot.
As if Saito intentionally hit Pujols with two on and no outs, and the #Brewers up by one run. The Cardinals think they run this game.

LeDoux
08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Let's hope this ends with a huge fight and long suspensions en masse.

Magdal
08-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Card fans are elated by the drilling. LaRussa proved he was gutless when Cueto was not dealt with, and many other "transgressors." Braun had to pay for the sins of others;)

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Let's hope this ends with a huge fight and long suspensions en masse.

You are one sick puppy ---- I like that

10xWSChamps
08-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I think the HBP was justified. He hit him square in the back... it'll be sore for a couple of weeks I'm sure but it's not gonna keep Braun out of the lineup.

I'm sure LaRussa ordered it. Although Motte does often time look a bit crazy out there on the mound. So I wouldn't be totally surprised if Motte was a renegade out there. Either way it was intentional.

If Pujols just gets hit then nothing happens. But he was almost hit in the head. The second worst place for him to get hit was his hand he had broken, and his hand reflexively went up to protect his head and that's where he got hit.

I know the Brewer's pitcher didn't intentionally hit Albert. But when you hit a team's best player, almost hit him in the head, then hit him on a hand that was previously broken.... it's not too surprising that there will be some retaliation. It didn't have to happen but IMO the retaliation was justified. It's not like he Motte went after Braun's head or anything.

On a side note this is a hell of a game. Maybe the Cards and Brewers can be like what the Cards and Reds are/were. Rivalries are great!

Red Raindog
08-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Awwwwwww -- Cards had bases jacked with one out and got nada

LeDoux
08-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I think the HBP was justified.

You lost me right here. The Cards are getting quite a reputation for being petty and entitled. A well-earned reputation in my opinion. Shill for your team if you must, but you won't find many posters sympathetic to your 'Cards as victims' hypothesis on this site.

Magdal
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Awwwwwww -- Cards had bases jacked with one out and got nadaYep...LaGenius did a dbl switch that took JAY out of the lineup an put the worthless Theriot in later. of course he strikes out on a pitch that only Wilt Chamberlin could reach.

It is one huluva ballgame 'tho. Brews will have a HUGE advantage if at goes to extras as Tony will have used up the entire roster by then.

foxfire123
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Molina just bounced out of the game, for arguing ball and strikes I presume since it was right after a strikeout.

Magdal
08-03-2011, 12:01 AM
More fun: Molina called out and he goes ballistic at the Ump, spewing spit all over his face..LOL...the Ump made a big show of wiping the spit off and booted Moli.

captainmorgan07
Well Yadier just keeps proving the he's a whiny little b*tch, that ball was clearly a strike he has no beef with that one.

10xWSChamps
You lost me right here. The Cards are getting quite a reputation for being petty and entitled. A well-earned reputation in my opinion. Shill for your team if you must, but you won't find many posters sympathetic to your 'Cards as victims' hypothesis on this site.

I'm not trying to make anyone "sympathetic" towards the Cardinals and certainly not saying they are victims of anything. All I'm saying is that what goes around comes around basically.

Braun got hit square in the back, it wasn't some devilish act by the Cardinals. Just simple retaliation. Tit for tat.

Krawhitham
08-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I see Patterson has not changed one bit, that ball was over his head

Krawhitham
08-03-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm not trying to make anyone "sympathetic" towards the Cardinals and certainly not saying they are victims of anything. All I'm saying is that what goes around comes around basically.

Braun got hit square in the back, it wasn't some devilish act by the Cardinals. Just simple retaliation. Tit for tat.

did they hit HGH on purpose?

bigredmechanism
08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Yadi:
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dlCPSE0KKi8/TFDf1B-F_ZI/AAAAAAAAAJE/3M0xdtvo374/s1600/baby-crying.jpg&sa=X&ei=y8g4TpHdDcLX0QGQ4eDQAw&ved=0CAcQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGKh21gjI-kcG__4YbeFwBIHxk2Nw

That pitch was right over the plate. Not sure why he was throwing such a tantrum.

10xWSChamps
08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
More fun: Molina called out and he goes ballistic at the Ump, spewing spit all over his face..LOL...the Ump made a big show of wiping the spit off and booted Moli.

Yeah the ump did kind of make a show of it. Yadier will get a suspension from this for probably two games which will get bargained down to 1 like they usually do

I don't think I've ever seen Yadi get that even half that pissed. Unless the ump said something to kind of trigger it then the reaction by Yadi was way too much

10xWSChamps
08-03-2011, 12:07 AM
did they hit HGH on purpose?

Did Cueto end LaRue's career on purpose?

Honestly I'm not looking to get into a debate about that..... just saying that these one liners can work both ways :D

Krawhitham
08-03-2011, 12:08 AM
He leaned into that pitch

Thought the rules said you had to make a effort to get out of the way

Magdal
08-03-2011, 12:08 AM
LOL....now they drill Nyger Morgan, the GS kid, the guy they shudda drilled in the 1st place. LOL

foxfire123
08-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Man, there's going to be a free for all before this is all over--McClellan just tagged Morgan...

bigredmechanism
08-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Man, there's going to be a free for all before this is all over--McClelland just tagged Morgan...

Tomorrow could be interesting.

foxfire123
08-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Come'on Braun! Really tick 'em off! :D

ETA: never mind. Another first pitch out jerk.

LeDoux
08-03-2011, 12:12 AM

Okay, I'll accept your premise. So when Berkman takes one on the numbers tomorrow you will say its even?

10xWSChamps
08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Okay, I'll accept your premise. So when Berkman takes one on the numbers tomorrow you will say its even?

That's not really my premise though. I would say it's even at the moment. Although if there's a blowout for either side tomorrow I could see a Cards player getting plunked, wouldn't be too pissed about it. That's a natural reaction as a fan though.

LeDoux
08-03-2011, 12:19 AM
That's not really my premise though. I would say it's even at the moment. Although if there's a blowout for either side tomorrow I could see a Cards player getting plunked, wouldn't be too pissed about it. That's a natural reaction as a fan though.

Your tit for tat demands the blood of a Cardinal for hitting Morgan. Only Cardinal logic could call this even.

foxfire123
08-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Son of a &^^$$^&(*&^$%& Berkman.....

Hated him as an Astro, hate him 10X more now.

10xWSChamps
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM
A "Morgan" getting hit is a bit different then a "Pujols" being hit. Even Pujols getting hit wouldn't be an issue but it was the way he got hit. The ball was thrown at (not intentionally) his head and ended up hitting his previously broken hand.

Putting his health at jeopardy, the Cardinals playoff chances at jeopardy. What if Pujols doesn't re-sign next year and that was the last we saw of him due to a hand that was broken even worse? Remember at that time that Pujols was in the locker room and no one really knew that he would be coming back out on the field relatively unhurt.

I know, I know. You're playing a mock-violin right now for me. But that is what LaRussa and Motte were thinking. The Cardinals post season chances were put in jeopardy by a very bad pitch from the Brewers. I don't think it's so heinous that the Cardinals give Braun a bruise on his back for his team's efforts.

bigredmechanism
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Son of a &^^$$^&(*&^$%& Berkman.....

Hated him as an Astro, hate him 10X more now.

As much as I can't stand the Cards, it helps us for them to win.

Spider Tre
08-03-2011, 12:29 AM
yeah, as much as we dislike the Cardinals, we want them to win this series

keep the Brewers in check

LeDoux
08-03-2011, 12:32 AM
A "Morgan" getting hit is a bit different then a "Pujols" being hit. Even Pujols getting hit wouldn't be an issue but it was the way he got hit. The ball was thrown at (not intentionally) his head and ended up hitting his previously broken hand.

Putting his health at jeopardy, the Cardinals playoff chances at jeopardy. What if Pujols doesn't re-sign next year and that was the last we saw of him due to a hand that was broken even worse? Remember at that time that Pujols was in the locker room and no one really knew that he would be coming back out on the field relatively unhurt.

I know, I know. You're playing a mock-violin right now for me. But that is what LaRussa and Motte were thinking. The Cardinals post season chances were put in jeopardy by a very bad pitch from the Brewers. I don't think it's so heinous that the Cardinals give Braun a bruise on his back for his team's efforts.

So one set of "rules" for hitting your favorite player, another set for the other team?

The problem with your reasoning is that you seem to lack the ability to see a situation through the eyes of another team. Keep in mind I'm a Reds fan who holds mighty distain for Nyjer Morgan. I am hoping for bad blood here. But you seem to start your thought process with the assumption that the Cardinals are in the right. From an outsider's perspective the Cardinals are very much the instigators here.

10xWSChamps
08-03-2011, 12:32 AM
alright im outta here... cya Reds fans later.

10xWSChamps
08-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Of course I am biased. And yes, the star power of a player matters. It wasn't just Pujols' talent that mattered, it was the pitch being thrown at his head and it hitting maybe the worst spot on his body that it could have.

Hey, if the same thing happened to Votto I would bet anything you'd feel the same way regardless of what you'll say right now.

Ok, now I'm really outta here! cya

Edit: I would also say that Reds fans have a bit of a bias here too :D I'm not sure you're a totally objective bystander here ;)

LeDoux
08-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Of course I am biased. And yes, the star power of a player matters. It wasn't just Pujols' talent that mattered, it was the pitch being thrown at his head and it hitting maybe the worst spot on his body that it could have.

Hey, if the same thing happened to Votto I would bet anything you'd feel the same way regardless of what you'll say right now.

Ok, now I'm really outta here! cya

Edit: I would also say that Reds fans have a bit of a bias here too :D I'm not sure you're a totally objective bystander here ;)

I think you might be forgetting where you are typing this. Reds bias assumed unless otherwise specified.

foxfire123
08-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Sorry, but it would take our team getting into the WS by them winning a game for me to even *think* about rooting for the Cardinals in any way. I would much rather see them squished like the bugs they are in each and every game..... ;)

Krawhitham
08-03-2011, 12:37 AM

Honestly I'm not looking to get into a debate out that..... just saying that these one liners can work both ways :D

What total BS

LaRue was in the dugout screaming at the Reds 10 minutes after being hit

What it did was allowed the Cards to DL him instead of releasing him

LaRue was a 36 year old catcher hitting .196. His career is over because he had little talent and got old. You do not quit baseball with ongoing post-concussion symptoms just 37 days after getting hit in the head. Since LaRue was not knocked out DSM-IV must be use for a diagnosis. Using DSM-IV A PCS diagnosis takes 3 months from the time of the injury

If the kick to the head was really an issue he would have waited until spring training to decide because most PCS injuries are healed by then.

For most people, post-concussion symptoms go away within a few days to several weeks after the original injury occurs. In others, symptoms may remain for three to six months, but evidence indicates that most cases are completely resolved within that time

Just face it, it was easier for LaRue to blame Cueto than to admit to himself he no longer had the skills to be a Major League catcher.

LeDoux
08-03-2011, 12:46 AM

Honestly I'm not looking to get into a debate about that..... just saying that these one liners can work both ways :D

I missed this post. I remembering discussing this subject before and it ended with you saying "I don't want to discuss it." Yet you bring it up again? I thought you might be a legitimate poster for awhile, but now I'm really starting to believe you are only here to troll us.

Magdal
08-03-2011, 12:53 AM
These 2 teams play a day game tomorro. I doubt if ANY of them will be able to sleep for a while tonite after THIS game!

bshall2105
08-03-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm a few hours late but wow Molina is a thug.

The DARK
08-03-2011, 02:27 AM
I'd like to go ahead on the record and say that if the Reds are well and truly out of the division race, I would like nothing better than to see the Brewers utterly demolish the Cardinals at all costs.

FireDusty
08-03-2011, 08:17 AM
The Cardinals being the Cardinals.

bounty37h
08-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Why am I not surprised?
I am sure they have room for one more fan if ya wanna go ahead and switch over.

bounty37h
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I wish you guys would stop insulting the greatest coaching staff in MLB history.

I wish that staff would stop insulting the greatest game on Earth.

bounty37h
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM

Would be awesome if the ump filed assault charges against him for that, know he wont but would be funny to at least cause a headache for Molina to deal with.

ervinsm84
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
this link has the brewers tv and radio guys reactions compared to cardinals tv and radio guys

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-yadier-molina-bumps-spits-on-umpire/

pretty funny to listen to the difference in reality between the two

bounty37h
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM

Haha, his career was over loooooong before that.

powersackers
08-03-2011, 10:57 AM
this link has the brewers tv and radio guys reactions compared to cardinals tv and radio guys

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-yadier-molina-bumps-spits-on-umpire/

pretty funny to listen to the difference in reality between the two

More than funny, that is some real homer broadcasting at its best.

izzy's dad
08-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I would love to see all six hundred pounds of Prince Fielder demolish Larussa's drunk ass. Yes I want to see violence!

Stray
08-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I think it's funny really. Since BP called them out they've done nothing but prove him right. Their fans gotta be tired of this...I know if it were the Reds crying about everything I would be tired of it.