PDA

View Full Version : maybe it was true Votto for Bautista per this on mlbtraderumors.com!!

Redsfansince72
08-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Per mlb trade rumors:

The Blue Jays were scouting Reds prospect Daniel Corcino, which makes John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer give credence to a tip he heard about a potential swap of Jose Bautista to the Reds in exchange for Joey Votto and a prospect. Presuming Toronto was scouting Corcino for this particular deal, it's no surprise the Jays didn't pull the trigger for a number of reasons: Adam Lind's presence at first base, Bautista's team-friendly contract ($65MM through 2015 and a club option for 2016, as opposed to Votto just being under control through 2013), and Bautista's development into the Jays' clubhouse leader and face of the franchise. Still, superstar-for-superstar deals are always fun to speculate about.

I still think this happens again in the off season..Just a gut feel

gilpdawg
08-03-2011, 07:57 AM
IF they think Votto is going to leave after '13, then I do that deal. His value will not be any higher than it will be with 2 years of control left. If they plan on trading him because he's not going to sign here, the sooner the better.

I wouldn't do it without having some discussions with my broseph Joseph about his future though.