PDA

View Full Version : We mock and laugh at the Cards but

brm7675
08-03-2011, 12:44 PM
We can all laugh and point at the Cards as a team in disary and wild, but last time I checked, they are still better then we are AND have suffered some key injuries throughout the season. Just think how good they would be if they were anywhere near 100% throughout the season. You know yes Molina went nutts, so what itís called fire, itís called passion, when was the last time you saw that from the Reds.

Stray
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Nobody is saying that they are not having a good year given what has happened to that team. They could be 40 games over and still be babies. And I will disagree, going crazy over a borderline 3rd strike and bumping an ump in the way that he did is not passion, that is just retarded.

The DARK
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Their good season doesn't mean we can't despise them for being the whiners they are. First to us, now to the Brewers...

ervinsm84
08-03-2011, 12:52 PM
yea, reds don't have passion bc they don't bump and spit on an umpire.

you could work for a politician with that kind of spin. this thread has to be a level right?

R_Webb18
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
the reds could play better also. i mean this could go on for ever. u can say a lot of things.

Red Rover
08-03-2011, 01:01 PM
The Reds are 7-5 against the Cards this year. I think the Reds are the better team so far.

brm7675
08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Okay when was the last time you have seen any passion out of this team, it's manager or anything? It's like they are sleepwalking through this season, and yes, in a close game against the division leader a strikeout is HUGE and I would be pissed also, but had that been Votto or Bruce or Phillips or whomever on the Reds they just would have turned and walked back to the dugout. BTW who won that game last night at one of the hardest places to win on the road? Also it's just not this season, can anyone remember the last time the Cards were not in contention for the divison?

The DARK
08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
You wanna be a Cards fan, go be a Cards fan.

Red Rover
08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
There are 2 teams that I truely hate in the NL and that is anyteam the Reds are currently playing and the Cards. :D

brm7675
08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
You wanna be a Cards fan, go be a Cards fan.

No what I am saying is we mock the Cards but they win and show some passion for the game. I am just wishing our Reds would do the same, where is the fight, the energy and such this sesaon? I saw it last year, but do you see it this year?

The DARK
08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
No what I am saying is we mock the Cards but they win and show some passion for the game. I am just wishing our Reds would do the same, where is the fight, the energy and such this sesaon? I saw it last year, but do you see it this year?

I get that, but that's a different kind of passion than what the Cardinals are showing. Between intentional beanings as retaliation for something unintentional, filing official complaints over the lighting in the Brewers stadium, and accusing them of stealing signs, theirs is a "passion" I'd rather not have.

CWRed
08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
We can all laugh and point at the Cards as a team in disary and wild, but last time I checked, they are still better then we are AND have suffered some key injuries throughout the season. Just think how good they would be if they were anywhere near 100% throughout the season. You know yes Molina went nutts, so what itís called fire, itís called passion, when was the last time you saw that from the Reds.

:rolleyes:

ervinsm84
08-03-2011, 01:22 PM
oh passion.

aka something unquantifiable, subective, and arbitrary used to fit a narrative about why a team isnt meeting expectations.

mmm passion

all the reds need is a dash of passion and a sprinkle of want it more splashed in with some gritty veteran experience

BurgervilleBuck
08-03-2011, 01:39 PM
all the reds need is a dash of passion and a sprinkle of want it more splashed in with some gritty veteran experience
Why oh why can't the Reds have the passion of players like Theriot or Molina? Y'know, the kind that penalizes the team via suspensions and fines?

Krawhitham
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM

The Cards have had the easiest schedule in baseball this season

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos

The Reds have had the hardest in the Central

redssince75
08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
The Reds are 7-5 against the Cards this year. I think the Reds are the better team so far.

So you used that measure last year, head-to-head rather than overall?

R_Webb18
08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
So you used that measure last year, head-to-head rather than overall?

i think cards were better last yr. but overall we won it still.

R_Webb18
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
The Cards have had the easiest schedule in baseball this season

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos

The Reds have had the hardest in the Central

they have the hardest left :)

FireDusty
08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Love him or hate him, but they have a manager & a pitching coach.

We don't.

That is the difference.

brm7675
08-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Love him or hate him, but they have a manager & a pitching coach.

We don't.

That is the difference.

While Price is no Duncan, I have no real issues with him, remember it's Dusty who decides rotation, removal, replacement and such. I have more issue with our hitting coach...

bounty37h
08-03-2011, 02:35 PM

Spitting in someones face is called assault and is childish/pathetic.

brm7675
08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Spitting in someones face is called assault and is childish/pathetic.

Yes spitting is wrong...I don't think he spit on him.

DocRed
08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
The Cards are the team to beat IMO. They got significantly better at the trade deadline while we did nothing.

But ya, Yadier is a little arrogant spoiled brat who threw a temper tantrum last night.....he is as bad as Carpenter.

bornready
08-03-2011, 04:15 PM
The Cards are the team to beat IMO. They got significantly better at the trade deadline while we did nothing.

But ya, Yadier is a little arrogant spoiled brat who threw a temper tantrum last night.....he is as bad as Carpenter.

i think they may have gotten a little better at the deadline, but not significantly. jackson is maybe a little bit of an uprade over mcclellan in the rotation, and furcal can't stay healthy(that and when he has been this season he hasn't been good).

DocRed
08-03-2011, 04:17 PM
i think they may have gotten a little better at the deadline, but not significantly. jackson is maybe a little bit of an uprade over mcclellan in the rotation, and furcal can't stay healthy(that and when he has been this season he hasn't been good).

And their middle relief got much, much better too....which has been absolutely terrible up until now

AintlifeGrande
08-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Okay when was the last time you have seen any passion out of this team, it's manager or anything? It's like they are sleepwalking through this season, and yes, in a close game against the division leader a strikeout is HUGE and I would be pissed also, but had that been Votto or Bruce or Phillips or whomever on the Reds they just would have turned and walked back to the dugout. BTW who won that game last night at one of the hardest places to win on the road? Also it's just not this season, can anyone remember the last time the Cards were not in contention for the divison?

I dont call passion getting violent and cursing at an umpire.#1Next time at bite that strikezone will get a little larger.#2 A long suspension which impacts the performance of the team.I give Votto and the like all the credit for walking away after a bad call.Jawing at the ump for a bad call and walking away is one thing,but showing your ass to the ump makes you look like one.
Dont equate passion for the game with angry, frustrated rants.

brm7675
08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont call passion getting violent and cursing at an umpire.#1Next time at bite that strikezone will get a little larger.#2 A long suspension which impacts the performance of the team.I give Votto and the like all the credit for walking away after a bad call.Jawing at the ump for a bad call and walking away is one thing,but showing your ass to the ump makes you look like one.
Dont equate passion for the game with angry, frustrated rants.

I guess we see it differently, I saw a player in an important game showing his passion for the game at a questionable call that ment alot. I would rather have players like that then those who just smile and return to the bench.

Red Raindog
08-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Nobody is saying that they are not having a good year given what has happened to that team. They could be 40 games over and still be babies. And I will disagree, going crazy over a borderline 3rd strike and bumping an ump in the way that he did is not passion, that is just retarded.

certainly double that when your team is in a pennant race

Vottomatic
08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Okay when was the last time you have seen any passion out of this team, it's manager or anything?

I saw Joey and Brandon hug one game after Votto hit a HR. That was pretty passionate. :p

Vottomatic
08-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I guess we see it differently, I saw a player in an important game showing his passion for the game at a questionable call that ment alot. I would rather have players like that then those who just smile and return to the bench.

What you call a lack of passion is known as CLASS and SPORTSMANSHIP to people who aren't from St. Louis.

bubbachunk
08-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Yup, get thrown out of a game because of a bad third strike call, good idea!

Magdal
08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry to dispute the OP, but this "fire" you speak of pocessed by the Cards is a VERY recent developement. The are usually just as lifeless as the Reds. Both teams suck in that regard.

It took 3 different broken hands and god knows HOW many drillings of Pujols before Tony finally retaliated. This spans 2 years. Tony is a gutless fossil, and the Duncan myth is overblown

But the acessment some have of Molina is way off base. The guy is quiet and usually very meek. If he would let go more often instead of holding in his frustration maybe he would not blow his top like last nite.

And he did not bump the ump. Spittle hit the Ump? Of course. When you are 1 inch from somebodys face and screaming there will always be some. That Ump just made a big deal of it.

FireDusty
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
While Price is no Duncan, I have no real issues with him, remember it's Dusty who decides rotation, removal, replacement and such. I have more issue with our hitting coach...I think our pitch selection is horrid against lefties.

Our guys miss the target far to much, but I've seen pitches put right where they were asked for against lefties and seen them jacked.

If I had to keep the pitching coach as a condition for Dusty being removed, I would accept though.

abish1572
08-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I agree, we all laugh at the cardinals but it seems like every year they're always winning or atleast in it...

Magdal
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I agree, we all laugh at the cardinals but it seems like every year they're always winning or atleast in it...Cards not "in it" today....Tony is leaving his starter in with nobody warming up thru 7 innings....10 runs so far by Brews.

And people think BAKER sucks.

thorn
08-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I agree, we all laugh at the cardinals but it seems like every year they're always winning or atleast in it...

This had nothing to do with Passion, it was talent, they had it, we didn't until now.

Stray
08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Feels weird rooting for the Cardinals, but wtf is Tony thinking letting his starter give up 10 runs in a game like this?!?! Go to the bullpen!

foxfire123
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I get that, but that's a different kind of passion than what the Cardinals are showing. Between intentional beanings as retaliation for something unintentional, filing official complaints over the lighting in the Brewers stadium, and accusing them of stealing signs, theirs is a "passion" I'd rather not have.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

markymark69
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Playing with fire and passion is one thing (which the Reds could use some of) whining about everything while justifying your actions and acting like complete and utter morons because of bad calls or someone dares to pitch inside (to the Great Pujols) or they don't rub up the baseballs a certain way is something else altogther (which the Reds don't need).

I want to clarify my stance - I neither mock or laugh at them. Stating facts about their behavior is not mocking them. I pity them - you win with grace, you lose with grace, you play with dignity and you respect the game and the Cardinals do none of those things well.

Magdal
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Feels weird rooting for the Cardinals, but wtf is Tony thinking letting his starter give up 10 runs in a game like this?!?! Go to the bullpen!I guess you don't know that Tony always takes the last game of a series off? That's when he sits 2 or 3 regs and uses his worst pen options. Today he just decided to meatgrind his starter.

texasdave
08-04-2011, 05:25 PM
What irks me about this team is that everyone (aside from Cairo) says the same thing. We are going to be fine (or something similar). From where I sit things aren't looking all that fine. I would never condone bumping or spitting on an umpire, but wouldn't mind if a little more passion (urgency?) was shown.

bounty37h
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry to dispute the OP, but this "fire" you speak of pocessed by the Cards is a VERY recent developement. The are usually just as lifeless as the Reds. Both teams suck in that regard.

It took 3 different broken hands and god knows HOW many drillings of Pujols before Tony finally retaliated. This spans 2 years. Tony is a gutless fossil, and the Duncan myth is overblown

But the acessment some have of Molina is way off base. The guy is quiet and usually very meek. If he would let go more often instead of holding in his frustration maybe he would not blow his top like last nite.

And he did not bump the ump. Spittle hit the Ump? Of course. When you are 1 inch from somebodys face and screaming there will always be some. That Ump just made a big deal of it.

Guess you missed Tonys presser, he even admitted he bumped him-said it a few times.

Red Rover
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
A 5-game suspension for not spitting or bumping an umpire - a bit harsh don't you think? :laugh:

Vottomatic
08-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Shoulda been 10 games. Molina is a punk.

wabashfalcon
08-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Feels weird rooting for the Cardinals, but wtf is Tony thinking letting his starter give up 10 runs in a game like this?!?! Go to the bullpen!

Pen's dead. He needed his starter to take one for the team.

Vottomatic
08-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Yep. I'm laughing my butt off at the Cardinals quick decline. They're no better than the Reds.