PDA

View Full Version : Juan Francisco

Krawhitham
08-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe it is time to give him a chance. How much of a liability can he be at 3rd? Baseball America has ranked him best infield arm in the International League

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2011/08/11/reds-rate-on-ba-list/

Ohioballplayer
08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
:deadhorse:
Maybe it is time to give him a chance. How much of a liability can he be at 3rd? Baseball America has ranked him best infield arm in the International League

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2011/08/11/reds-rate-on-ba-list/

Skreep
08-11-2011, 02:16 PM
If is able to swing the bat better i would love to have him up. watching him twist his body like a corkscrew every pitch drove me nuts

Krawhitham
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
If is able to swing the bat better i would love to have him up. watching him twist his body like a corkscrew every pitch drove me nuts

He does K a lot. But he is a career .295 hitter at the Major League level

This season he SO 16% of the time with the Reds (career 31%)

Bruce 26%
Stubbs 34%
Votto 21%

izzy's dad
08-11-2011, 03:43 PM
A platoon of Fransisco and Frazier? Yes.

Kevin1476
08-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I have always been fascinated at the numbers Francisco puts up at the minor league level, he also does really well in the winter leagues. It seems like the guy plays too much baseball and when the season roles around he experiences some type of injury that sets him back. Maybe he should give winter ball a break this year. I think the guy has a ton of potential and would love to see him brought up as soon as possible. The platoon with Frazier is a great idea!

Vottomatic
08-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think he's ever been given enough of a chance. Bruce and Stubbs were given enough rope to hang themselves. Francisco should get 2 or 3 months before declared a bust.

Kevin1476
08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't think he's ever been given enough of a chance. Bruce and Stubbs were given enough rope to hang themselves. Francisco should get 2 or 3 months before declared a bust.

I could not agree more!

Redlegs82
01-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Francisco has been put out in LF last year during spring training, since Rolen is going to be the starter at third, anyone think he may be given a shot in the outfield to get his bat in the lineup?

Long term I think he is a better bat than Heisey, though defense would probably suffer, but there seems to be no perfect scenario.

Thoughts?

rgslone
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
The descriptions I've read of Francisco's hitting have made me think of him as Vladimir Guerrero lite - in the sense that he has a very good ability to hit even bad pitches out of the strike zone. On the other hand, Francisco doesn't seem to walk much, so his strikeout-to-walk ratio would not be very Vlad like. I'm curious to find out whether his plate discipline and defense will be good enough to make him a good alternative at 3B.

bah1286
01-15-2012, 02:00 PM
At this point he is better on offense than Rolen and he is greatly improved on defense while Rolen is going to other way. Rolen will be the starter and I hope he has a great year, but I have a feeling Francisco will finish the year at third and we will maybe be a better team for it.

DannyB
01-15-2012, 02:20 PM
With Cairo on the team I expect to see a lot of Francisco in left.