PDA

View Full Version : Is Dusty the highest paid manager in MLB?

UCBrownsfan
08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
I haven't seen figures in the last few years, but the only guys ahead of him for a while were Torre and Lou. Just curious if he's the highest paid in the game?

Krawhitham
08-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Dusty makes 3.5
Terry Francona makes 4
La Russa makes at least 4

Those were the only two I could find

FYI
Walt's contract is up at the end of the season

jwmann2
08-13-2011, 01:42 PM
500k is a huge difference in earnings. I would imagine Girardi is up there in salary. Dusty is a great manager and is not the problem with this club. I assume you are trying to justify Dusty's salary with the team's performance...

Vottomatic
08-13-2011, 02:29 PM
I said it on another thread. I think other GM's are afraid of getting fleeced by Walt Jocketty, so they ask for more in trade from the Reds, than other teams.

I think Walt should step aside and become an advisor to Bob C., and they should let someone else be GM. I think it is hindering the Reds ability to make trades because Walt has a reputation of getting the best of other GM's.

DocRed
08-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Most overpaid yes.

UCBrownsfan
08-17-2011, 11:47 PM
500k is a huge difference in earnings. I would imagine Girardi is up there in salary. Dusty is a great manager and is not the problem with this club. I assume you are trying to justify Dusty's salary with the team's performance...

Girardi I read was at $3 mil per year... I beleive half of the major league managers make less than $1.5 mil per year.

Yes to a degree justifying a manager in the top 5 paid over the last 4 years, with a losing record with the club. I just don't know if it makes sense for us to have a top 5 pay manager that didn't really earn it with the club. $2 mil may be better allocated to players.

nux fan
08-18-2011, 01:35 AM
we squeaked that one out big time,,, is that really all this idiot can say night after night

code
08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
crazy to even think but Joe Torre was making 7.5M with the Yankees in 07.