PDA

View Full Version : Bruce player of the month ???

skywalker
08-12-2011, 11:09 PM
:):) we all know how he can get hot overnight and than carry it a month :):)

Skreep
08-12-2011, 11:16 PM
:):) we all know how he can get hot overnight and than carry it a month :):)

he is batting .303 in august with an ops of .970. He has been hitting the ball better since mid july.

LexRedsFan
08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
he is batting .303 in august with an ops of .970. He has been hitting the ball better since mid july.

Of course he has, we're out of the race.

Redeye fly
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Of course he has, we're out of the race.

I'm not necessarily a Jay Bruce defender or basher. I like having him on the team and think he's a solid young player who still has room to improve. I tend to not worry about the overreactions or conversations about him one way or the other.

But if this is an attempted shot at Jay or at best a back handed compliment, it kind of falls short since he was very hot at this time last year when the team was not only in the race, but won the division.... with a Jay Bruce clinching home run off a left handed reliever.

Skreep
08-13-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm not necessarily a Jay Bruce defender or basher. I like having him on the team and think he's a solid young player who still has room to improve. I tend to not worry about the overreactions or conversations about him one way or the other.

But if this is an attempted shot at Jay or at best a back handed compliment, it kind of falls short since he was very hot at this time last year when the team was not only in the race, but won the division.... with a Jay Bruce clinching home run off a left handed reliever.

i dont think it was a shot at bruce. just look at the reds the past few years before last year. Play bad enough to get knocked out of the race, then heat up and finish the season good enough to give us hope for the next season.

Redeye fly
08-13-2011, 03:19 PM
i dont think it was a shot at bruce. just look at the reds the past few years before last year. Play bad enough to get knocked out of the race, then heat up and finish the season good enough to give us hope for the next season.

True, but Jay Bruce has been a target for criticism and is seen by some on these boards as a player who lacks the ability to perform when it really counts.

skywalker
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Bruce Named NL Player of the Week

may is august :D:D