PDA

View Full Version : Logan Morrison

Old NDN
08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Marlins send him to the minors. Would he fill any needs for the Reds?

Hillsdale87
08-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes. I'd love to have him in LF. He's BA has dropped since early in the season, but he's been dealing with injuries and still have an OPS near .800. Plus he's very young. He's clearly out of favor in FL. It would be interesting to see what it would take to get him in a trade

izzy's dad
08-15-2011, 08:13 AM
His power numbers would likely get a bump from playing in GABP. A change in environment can have a positive effect on a player. I would kick those tires for sure. Morrison, Stubbs, Bruce, you are talking 90-100 home runs per year from our outfield alone. Man the more I think about it the more I like it. Travis Wood and a spare part for Morrison?

Vottomatic
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd kick the tires. But you can't just have HR hitters in your lineup. This current Reds team has alot guys who strikeout alot.

I was kinda hoping Sappelt would emerge as a quality leadoff hitter / on base guy. So far mixed reviews on him.

FireDusty
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I'd kick the tires. But you can't just have HR hitters in your lineup. This current Reds team has alot guys who strikeout alot.

I was kinda hoping Sappelt would emerge as a quality leadoff hitter / on base guy. So far mixed reviews on him.

If Sappelt is given a real chance, something beyond 3 days in left field, he'll hit.

But....he's not a first rounder....so.....Dusty will has likely already made up his mind on Sappelt.

izzy's dad
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I really think that he will hit for average, as well as power. He plays good defense in the outfield, and some experience at first. He is young and should continue to improve. At the very least I would make a call and see what it would take.

Hondo
08-15-2011, 07:50 PM
If he's available... Would probably hit and hit well in Cincinnati.

Old NDN
08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Where would he fit in the Reds' lineup? With all the left handed middle of the order guys, you would have 3 lefties (potentially) in a row. But I like the possibilities.

Hillsdale87
08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Considering how well Bruce and Votto hit against lefties I wouldn't consider adding another lefty much of an issue. Morrison's not bad against lefties either. If he were somehow to end up with the Reds I would be ecstatic