PDA

View Full Version : question about spring training 2012

Da'Dawgfather
08-25-2011, 07:57 PM
im from columbus ohio and would love to make the trip to arizona for the reds spring training ....anybody have some info on this , like maybe where to stay, is the ballpark close enough to hotels where we wont need rentals m etc....thanks for your info in advance

Superdude
08-26-2011, 12:21 AM
The park is kind of out in the middle of nowhere and I don't recall any hotels within walking distance. Renting a car is probably for the best anyway because there's tons of parks within reasonable driving distance so you can catch a whole bunch of other games if you want to. It's pretty awesome.

Da'Dawgfather
08-27-2011, 08:14 PM
thanks superdude.... thats what i was thinking ....maybe i will call goodyear and see if they have any type of agenda or something for those type of trips.....

cinreds21
08-28-2011, 04:22 AM
I stayed at the "team hotel," which was in Glendale. It was maybe 20 minutes away. However, it had numerous eating places right next door. I think the Phenox Coyotes played there and maybe another team as well. None of the players stayed there, but I did meet a scout or two. I've only "been" to the Marlins and Reds BP, and the Reds wasn't really for me, as a regular fan. As a regular fan, you are confided to an extremely small space, and you can't really see the full thing. Luckily, I was able to get on the other side of the gate and see everything in whole. The Marlins wasn't that uptight and restricted.

Da'Dawgfather
08-31-2011, 12:28 AM
yeah, its funny how the reds are about their bp....like your going to steal some tips or something.... i hate the fact you never really get to see them hit at great american...when we went up to cle to watch the interleague we got to watch the whole thing....anyways thanks for your input , its appreciated