PDA

View Full Version : September 1 call ups

Pete4prez
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking the call ups will be Devon Meseraco, Jaun Francisco and Jeremy Heremida. I'm thinking the pithers are going to be Travis Wood, Carlos Fisher and either Jordan Smith or Jeremy Horst. Chris Heisey is still rehabbing in Louisville, I would imagine he will be up when his rehap assignment is up.

KYRedLeg
08-29-2011, 11:22 PM
I would have liked to see Mez in Cincinnati in July (following a trade of Hernandez), but there is a problem with calling him up in September: he isn't on the 40-man. Dusty has expressed concern with exposing anybody to a waiver claim.

Because, you know, other teams are chomping at the bit to get Daryl Thompson or Negron. :rolleyes:

Grandal will be in the expanded rosters, but it looks like 2012 for Mez. Barring a season-ending trip to the DL or a DFA, this is the current 40-man (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=cin).

Captain13
08-30-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure about Negron, but Thompson would be claimed right away. I think he will be an effective bullpen guy for somebody; if not next year, 2013.

Krawhitham
08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
m_sheldon Mark Sheldon
Jeremy Hermida claimed off waivers by #padres. #reds roster at 39 now. Opens spot for Mesoraco??