PDA

View Full Version : Sickening

redssince75
08-30-2011, 10:25 PM
They said on the broadcast tonight we had lost 28 of the last 30 to the Phillies.

Unbelievable.

Puke.

texasdave
08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
They said on the broadcast tonight we had lost 28 of the last 30 to the Phillies.

Unbelievable.

Puke.

We won two?

nux fan
08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
no problem,
baker has it figured out

lets see, tomorrow there is lefty so I will put alonzo at second base and play him, I will bat janish fourth because he will foul off the change up from Lee

The Phills have not used their bullpen so therefore I will use Votto at shortstop

texasdave
08-30-2011, 10:54 PM
D-Train better bring his whooping stick to the plate with him if he wants a win.

nux fan
08-30-2011, 10:56 PM
unfortunately d train a total retread has ZERO wins so far

Vottomatic
08-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Dusty is playing Ramon Hernandez in LF tonight because the spray charts say the Phillies won't hit any balls out there.

Old NDN
08-31-2011, 09:21 AM
It's the "Haves" vs. the "HaveNots".

plowshareredfan
08-31-2011, 12:04 PM
and that lies squarely with ownership

RockyBalboa
08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
What happened to Bruce? When he was in Philly earlier this year he was tearing the cover off the ball. He had like 5 HR in that 4 game series. Now he is chasing everything, just hacking at pitches out of the strike zone.

smixsell
08-31-2011, 01:36 PM

Unbelievable.

Puke.

Not really that suprising.

A team of well managed competitors who play the game the right way (Phillies) against our mish mash of young players and retreaded vets with a tactically moronic manager who also doesn't demand (or even care) that the players play baseball the right way.

Great advertisement as to why Baker should be fired. His multifaceted ineptitude gives us little to no chance against the best teams in baseball

brm7675
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Not really that suprising.

A team of well managed competitors who play the game the right way (Phillies) against our mish mash of young players and retreaded vets with a tactically moronic manager who also doesn't demand (or even care) that the players play baseball the right way.

Great advertisement as to why Baker should be fired. His multifaceted ineptitude gives us little to no chance against the best teams in baseball

Could you please list the way's Dusty demand the players are not playing baseball the right way? I believe Dusty is making poor choices in whom is playing and where, but not playing the right way? What is the right way?

RockyBalboa
08-31-2011, 04:21 PM

Unbelievable.

Puke.

That isn't accurate. The Reds beat us once this year, and they won 2 out of 3 from us in Cincy last year on June 28-30

Since 2008 including the 3 playoff games Phillies are 23-8 with the Reds. A ton of close games in there with a bunch of extra inning games as well. Last night was a blowout but the Reds have actually played the Phillies pretty tough in recent years. Quite a few close games.

texasdave
08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
That isn't accurate. The Reds beat us once this year, and they won 2 out of 3 from us in Cincy last year on June 28-30

Since 2008 including the 3 playoff games Phillies are 23-8 with the Reds. A ton of close games in there with a bunch of extra inning games as well. Last night was a blowout but the Reds have actually played the Phillies pretty tough in recent years. Quite a few close games.

It was 28 out of 40, not including the playoffs. So, if you stick the playoffs in there, it is 31-12. Not good.

EDIT: Since they lost last night make it 32-12, including a 19-inning "tailpiping" courtesy DatDudeBP.

smixsell
08-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Could you please list the way's Dusty demand the players are not playing baseball the right way? I believe Dusty is making poor choices in whom is playing and where, but not playing the right way? What is the right way?

Too many to bother listing. Prime example though is Branden gets picked off at second base in extra innings against the Phils (winning run on second with nobody out I believe) because he is napping and joking with a Phillies player. Baker takes no other action but "talking to him." Not benched, not butt-kicked, no nothing but a nice little talking to from uncle Rusty.

If you don't catch our 1-2 boneheaded plays per game (getting thrown out at 3rd as the first or third out, etc) then you don't know enough about baseball to bother with.

smixsell
08-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Dusty is playing Ramon Hernandez in LF tonight because the spray charts say the Phillies won't hit any balls out there.

Good one. :) Sadly, almost believable. :(

nux fan
08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
dusty is playing geronimo in center because of the phillies tendencies

texasdave
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Hernandez and Hanigan will both be in LF because the spray chart shows Philadelphia rarely hits one to the catcher.

redssince75
08-31-2011, 10:17 PM
How in the world did this turn into a Bash Dusty thread? Not the intention.

It was intended as a "we suck against the Phillies" thread (proven again tonight).

adampad
08-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Hernandez and Hanigan will both be in LF because the spray chart shows Philadelphia rarely hits one to the catcher.

I have never thought of that before. Are you forced to play a catcher? How about only playing one when their are people on base? The ump can have a better view of the strike zone too! Hell, give the ump a glove and let him earn his money.

texasdave
08-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Just set one those things up. It can work.

Baseball pitchback - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WmxU7O39Nw)

drowg14
08-31-2011, 11:20 PM

It was intended as a "we suck against the Phillies" thread (proven again tonight).

Because this is RedsZone.

BurgervilleBuck
08-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Just set one those things up. It can work.
Wow... Alonso's worse in the field than I thought.

texasdave
09-01-2011, 05:14 AM
It was 28 out of 40, not including the playoffs. So, if you stick the playoffs in there, it is 31-12. Not good.

EDIT: Since they lost last night make it 32-12, including a 19-inning "tailpiping" courtesy DatDudeBP.

EDIT 33-12 after that offensive explosion that netted one runner to reach third on Wednesday night.

Forget a win in this series. The goal now is for the Phillies to leave town without any of the Reds getting "tailpiped".

FireDusty
09-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Missed cutoff men nearly daily. Failure to hit behind runners. Failure to get runners in from 3rd base with less than 2 outs. Pitchers giving up hits on 0-2 pitches. Not getting bunts down. Not hustling out of the box and then getting thrown out after turning on the gas. Failing to make even the slightest adjustments at the plate.

I have to get back to work. The Reds are very poor fundamentally and that is a direct reflection of the manager, pitching coach and hitting coach.

This club relys on comeback wins, not solid fundamental baseball that results in victories attained the way the Phiilies win.

Would you like more examples?

FireDusty
09-01-2011, 08:11 AM

We suck against the Phiilies because our Manager sucks.

Sorry you are so "shocked" that a thread about how we suck could somehow get attached to our pathetic manager. :laugh:

tedies
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
good thing were are not in the NL east lol, we would be way worse than we already are... Obviously they have WAY better pitching and their line-up has been better and more consistent than ours for years... this doesn't surprise me at all

Moosie52
09-01-2011, 07:32 PM
And their payroll is twice as much. I'm not advocating spending $162 MILLION on player payroll, though.

mlh1981
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
It sucks, but I think the Phillies' window won't be open much longer. There is a lot of age over there.

nux fan
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
yeah the reds are young, with lewsi hernandez, cairo and renteria

goreds2
09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Ummm, the Phillies have had everyones number the past few years. If it was the Astros, I would be sick to my stomach.

smixsell
09-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Ummm, the Phillies have had everyones number the past few years. If it was the Astros, I would be sick to my stomach.

They don't have "everyones number" to the degree they have ours. And "everyone" doesn't have world series calibre talent (albeit young) the way we do.

texasdave
09-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Reds lost 2 of 3 to the AAAstros earlier in the month.