PDA

View Full Version : Dayton Dragons

BLark = HOF
08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
I am just looking for a bit of help from people who know about these guys and have actually got to see them what. Also maybe someone might know what scouts may think of these guys or just any information. Here are the guys I'm looking for info about:

Donald Lutz (DH)
Ronald Torreyes (2B)
David Vidal (3B)
Daniel Corcino (P)
Josh Smith (P)

Thanks in advance.

medford
08-31-2011, 04:49 PM
I am just looking for a bit of help from people who know about these guys and have actually got to see them what. Also maybe someone might know what scouts may think of these guys or just any information. Here are the guys I'm looking for info about:

Donald Lutz (DH)
Ronald Torreyes (2B)
David Vidal (3B)
Daniel Corcino (P)
Josh Smith (P)

Thanks in advance.

Others can give you a better scouting take, but here's what I know.

Lutz was born in Germany and doesn't have the experience you see coming up thru the typical high school, summer ball, collegiate programs, nor the year round competition you see in the carribean. He's got a ton of power, and could develop into a MLer one day.

Torreyes is small. He makes Jimminie Cricket look big. Well, ok not that small, but he's about 5'-7" on a good day. However he can stroke the ball, especially all of the fast balls he sees hitting w/ Hamilton on base. pretty good speed, and from what I've seen a pretty solid defender. History will tell you that somebody that small won't make the show, but he could be the exception that makes the rule.

Vidal, I don't think he was considered much of a prospect, but he's put up nice numbers. Could be a guy who develops well, don't know as much about him.

Corcino gets a lot of comps to Johny Cueto, considered by many to be the top pitching prospect in the minors this year, excluding the kid they drafted, maybe.

Smith has put up very solid numbers, though I think I've seen some say he projects to a reliever at best.

I'm sure others will fill in the gaps that I've left. If you do a search you'll find some good conversation on most of these guys in this forum.

camisadelgolf
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Lutz was born in the States but grew up in Germany from a young age. He has major strength. He will need to improve his plate approach to be effective at higher levels. I would argue that Vidal is a legit prospect, but if his development goes as well as can be expected, he doesn't project as anything more than an average regular in MLB.