PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Eric_the_Red
09-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Wow, what a difference a year makes. This time last year I was pumped for a Colts/Packers Super Bowl (I was half right). This year....well, let's just say I'm not as optimistic.

Now there are reports floating out there that Peyton may need another surgery. If that happens, it is time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

That said, the reports could be untrue, and for all we know #18 could lead them onto the field in Houston in one week. I'd love to see it obviously, but I'm not very optimistic.

In other news, I don't understand why Jerry Hughes and Donald Brown are still on this roster. They should only be third stringers at best. It seems like the Polians' pride is getting in the way of putting the best 53 players on the roster.

I'm hoping Addai and Collie can stay healthy this year. They are two of my favorite Colts. Great guys and football players, very easy to root for.

So, here are my predictions for the year:

If Manning plays all 16 games: 10-6
If Manning plays in 8 games: 6-10
If Manning doesn't play at all: 2-14

gilpdawg
09-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Even if 18 missed the first four games, which seems to be what all the injury gurus are saying, I think Collins could possibly go 2-2 or 1-3 at worst, which in this division means nothing. I'm not buying Houston until they prove something. Every year they are "the team that is going to shock people" and every year they win 6 games.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

George Anderson
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
What are the chances Manning is done??

Anytime you have an injury regarding the neck you have to wonder if it is over.

CTA513
09-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Hard to say, but the best thing to do is make sure its 100% before attempting to return.

Eric_the_Red
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
If Manning is done (for the season or his career), the Colts have to make a push for Luck. Then, you keep Peyton around him as much as possible.

cinredsfan2000
09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I was suprised the colts didn't take a longer look at Terrelle Pryor. Knowing Peyton would be at best a long shot to start the season and neither back up showing anything in the pre season games .Why not take a gamble on pryor and have peyton to groom him for the future ?:confused:

Slyder
09-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I was suprised the colts didn't take a longer look at Terrelle Pryor. Knowing Peyton would be at best a long shot to start the season and neither back up showing anything in the pre season games .Why not take a gamble on pryor and have peyton to groom him for the future ?:confused:

Wasn't it known that he was going to likely be suspended by the NFL ahead of time at which point makes it useless (at that time) for Indy to get Pryor as it would solve nothing.

Eric_the_Red
09-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I'll take Kerry Collins over Pryor, and it isn't particularly close.

kaldaniels
09-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Remember last season, when I stirred up all kinds of trouble when I said there were 7 or 8 other guys I'd rather have at QB for the 2012 season than Peyton Manning? Let me tell you where that remark/thought process was born from. It was a Sunday night game and on the slow-mo replays you could see Manning flinching way too early in the pocket. I don't know if that is related at all to this injury and I'm not saying "See I told you so" (no one could have foreseen this drama)...but at some point playing QB in the NFL for 13 years takes its toll and I made the call that I'd rather have some other guys at QB for me this year. I actually was looking forward to his play this year so I would be able to give you guys a "see I told you so...". :D Who knows...he could be back out there at full speed in 6 weeks and prove me wrong.

Interesting that he JUST signed a 5 year deal. What is the guaranteed number in that deal...I don't see it in any of the news articles on it.

gilpdawg
09-05-2011, 07:27 PM

According to Will Carroll it's not as bad as a normal neck surgery. He didn't get anything fused or anything like that and long term he will be fine.

cincrazy
09-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't think it's an issue that will lead to his retirement. As far as I understand he's just waiting for nerves to heal in the area, and it's not a matter of if they'll heal, but when. And for some reason (obviously a cause for concern) his haven't healed yet. But factor in the lockout and not having access to the Colts medical staff and it shouldn't be too surprising.

The Colts are in a ton of trouble if Peyton can't go. The last few years they've become entirely too much Peyton-dependent, and if he can't go for an extended stretch I can't really see them being competitive.

Slyder
09-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Remember last season, when I stirred up all kinds of trouble when I said there were 7 or 8 other guys I'd rather have at QB for the 2012 season than Peyton Manning? Let me tell you where that remark/thought process was born from. It was a Sunday night game and on the slow-mo replays you could see Manning flinching way too early in the pocket. I don't know if that is related at all to this injury and I'm not saying "See I told you so" (no one could have foreseen this drama)...but at some point playing QB in the NFL for 13 years takes its toll and I made the call that I'd rather have some other guys at QB for me this year. I actually was looking forward to his play this year so I would be able to give you guys a "see I told you so...". :D Who knows...he could be back out there at full speed in 6 weeks and prove me wrong.

Interesting that he JUST signed a 5 year deal. What is the guaranteed number in that deal...I don't see it in any of the news articles on it.

Even if he were to never play another down I think he would be worth the contract in terms of what he provides whoever you bring in to play QB as a tutor/mentor/coach, pr, and as a face of a franchise (see Elway, John). I have never seen a guy be able to diagnose what was coming and be so accurate as Peyton has been.

For those wandering... 5 years, 90 mil, 69 mil of which will be paid over the first 3 years. No clue on what the guaranteed money was up front.

cinredsfan2000
09-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I'll take Kerry Collins over Pryor, and it isn't particularly close.

So would i but i'd say its time to start grooming a replacement sooner rather than later. Pryor wouldnt have been forced to start right away and gets to learn from one of the best to ever to play the position . Still wouldnt have solved the current situation .

puca
09-06-2011, 07:21 AM
So would i but i'd say its time to start grooming a replacement sooner rather than later. Pryor wouldnt have been forced to start right away and gets to learn from one of the best to ever to play the position . Still wouldnt have solved the current situation .

Some things cannot be taught. I don't see Prior ever playing in the NFL as a quarterback, and certainly not starting.

redsfanmia
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
According to Will Carroll it's not as bad as a normal neck surgery. He didn't get anything fused or anything like that and long term he will be fine.

How Will Carroll has a job is beyond me, he is the ultimate clown and if I ever meet him I will fight him. I would not take anything he says seriously.

George Anderson
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
How Will Carroll has a job is beyond me, he is the ultimate clown and if I ever meet him I will fight him. I would not take anything he says seriously.

You may hafta stand in line to fight him.

He irritates me like crazy.

kaldaniels
09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
A radio guy out of Indy is saying Manning is out for the year. Jake Query is the radio guy.

Hillsdale87
09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
That would be the end of my fantasy football season... I don't think Donovan McNabb is going to carry me too far.

Razor Shines
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
That would be the end of my fantasy football season... I don't think Donovan McNabb is going to carry me too far.

In the auction league I'm in I drove up the price for Manning and was scared to death because I almost got stuck with him. Luckily I knew all the other colts fans I was playing with would be blinded and get him.

redsfanmia
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
You may hafta stand in line to fight him.

He irritates me like crazy.

I complained to 950 because he used the term midget and he has not been on since, scoreboard.

redsfanmia
09-07-2011, 08:07 PM
A radio guy out of Indy is saying Manning is out for the year. Jake Query is the radio guy.

He is a clown too.

gilpdawg
09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
He is a clown too.

Who is he? I've never heard of him. Did he take Patrick's slot? I haven't listened to 1260 lately.

fearofpopvol1
09-08-2011, 02:20 AM
If Peyton Manning will be out for the whole year, I believe that nobody right now as of today knows for sure. Anything more is speculative. As for his return? That is certainly debatable.

Collins is definitely adequate. The biggest problem is that he's had next to no time to learn the fairly complicated Colts offense. But he's a veteran and I'm sure he feels like he has something to prove and I think he'll be ready. If Peyton can get healthy after 4 weeks and if Collins can at least go 2-2, the Colts should be fine.

Besides, anyone is better than Painter.

Chip R
09-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Collins is definitely adequate. The biggest problem is that he's had next to no time to learn the fairly complicated Colts offense. But he's a veteran and I'm sure he feels like he has something to prove and I think he'll be ready. If Peyton can get healthy after 4 weeks and if Collins can at least go 2-2, the Colts should be fine.

Besides, anyone is better than Painter.

I heard Parcells on Mike and Mike the other day say that the Colts' offense isn't that complicated.

George Anderson
09-08-2011, 10:05 AM
We are going to the Colts/Bengals game on Oct 16.

Does anyone know if the Newport/Covington bars (Hooters, Willie's etc) have transportation to the game like they do for Reds games?

Hoosier Red
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Who is he? I've never heard of him. Did he take Patrick's slot? I haven't listened to 1260 lately.

Yeah, he and Derek Shultz(formerly of 950) took over Patrick's spot. I like them quite a bit more than JMV or Patrick.

However, I've found that I like what 950 has now over them all at this moment because I prefer to hear national stuff over all Colts all the time.

bucksfan2
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I heard Parcells on Mike and Mike the other day say that the Colts' offense isn't that complicated.

I don't think its all that complicated either. I think the major issue is Payton was the offensive coordinator. He would get plays and then make the decision. He had very quick feet and was able to avoid a lot of the hits. The big question I am asking is how good Payton made the WR's? Are the likes of Collie and Garcon good WR's? or are they a product of the system?

Sans Manning I think they are a 6-8 win team. The bigger issue may be his health going forward.

CTA513
09-08-2011, 03:22 PM
PFT is saying Manning had cervical fusion and is out 2-3 months

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/manning-undergoes-cervical-fusion-surgery-out-2-3-months/

Eric_the_Red
09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
PFT is saying Manning had cervical fusion and is out 2-3 months

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/manning-undergoes-cervical-fusion-surgery-out-2-3-months/

Possibly career ending. Not good at all. :thumbdown:

Razor Shines
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Glad I held off on pulling the trigger for Sunday Ticket on the PS3. The Redzone channel will suffice with Colts almost certainly sucking this year.

CTA513
09-08-2011, 05:15 PM

if so he at least had a good long career and was able to win a super bowl before something like this happened.

WVRed
09-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Million dollar question,

With Manning's career apparently on the downside, would you possibly look toward the future and invest in a first round QB next season, similar to the Packers with Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers?

Eric_the_Red
09-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Million dollar question,

With Manning's career apparently on the downside, would you possibly look toward the future and invest in a first round QB next season, similar to the Packers with Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers?

If they were in a position to draft Luck, they'd be silly not to do so.

gilpdawg
09-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Million dollar question,

Absolutely. I thought they should already have had the wheels in motion starting with this draft, and a lot of Colts Homers feel the same way.

kaldaniels
09-09-2011, 12:42 AM
All's fair in NFL player contracts, but is it fair game to wonder if Peyton saw this coming (or knew something was off/wrong) at the time he signed his contract extension in late July? I'm not crucifying him...just wondering.

Eric_the_Red
09-09-2011, 06:02 AM
All's fair in NFL player contracts, but is it fair game to wonder if Peyton saw this coming (or knew something was off/wrong) at the time he signed his contract extension in late July? I'm not crucifying him...just wondering.

You think he knew the nerves in his neck weren't regenerating as quickly as they should be? If so, he is really in tune with his body.

UKFlounder
09-09-2011, 07:50 AM
The Colts knew about his May surgery before they signed that contract too.

I just wonder if he could have had the surgery earlier in the offseason. I'm not a Colts fan, so I haven't watched this closely, but in hindsight, could he possibly have done this sooner? Did the lockout and the inability of management to talk with players affect how/when it was scheduled at all?

kaldaniels
09-09-2011, 08:04 AM
You think he knew the nerves in his neck weren't regenerating as quickly as they should be? If so, he is really in tune with his body.

I didn't say that Eric.

bucksfan2
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Never really cared for Manning but wow does this suck. I found it ironic that many brushed the off season surgery and thought it would be business as usual for Payton. Now you have to wonder if it would be smart for him ever to take a snap again. If I were Payton I would seriously think about retiring. He has to be financially set for a number of lifetimes. Why risk greater injury, especially to the neck area, to play 4+ more seasons?

Could this in the end turn well for the Colts? Lets assume that Manning is out for the season but returns to form next year. The Colts are looking at a 6ish win season. That would result in a higher draft pick and a chance to select a difference maker in the 1st round. It may be like when the Steelers had a poor season and were able to select Big Ben earlier than they usually drafted.

Eric_the_Red
09-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I didn't say that Eric.

Sorry, I don't mean to put words in your mouth. Obviously I didn't get what you were saying. I don't know how Manning could have known in July that he wouldn't be healed in September.

Eric_the_Red
09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Could this in the end turn well for the Colts? Lets assume that Manning is out for the season but returns to form next year. The Colts are looking at a 6ish win season. That would result in a higher draft pick and a chance to select a difference maker in the 1st round. It may be like when the Steelers had a poor season and were able to select Big Ben earlier than they usually drafted.

It could, but really this year was their year. Next year the Colts are likely looking at the departure of Wayne and/or Mathis. That will be hard to offset, even with a higher draft pick. Plus, the Polians have seemed to lost their touch when it comes to drafting talent.

Redsfan320
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
With the Bengals looking at another crappy year, and now this, I guess I'll jump back on the Packers bandwagon this year. http://images.villagehatshop.com/media/cheesehead_lrg.jpg

WMR
09-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Never really cared for Manning but wow does this suck. I found it ironic that many brushed the off season surgery and thought it would be business as usual for Payton. Now you have to wonder if it would be smart for him ever to take a snap again. If I were Payton I would seriously think about retiring. He has to be financially set for a number of lifetimes. Why risk greater injury, especially to the neck area, to play 4+ more seasons?

Why do you keep calling him Payton? :bash:

bucksfan2
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Why do you keep calling him Payton? :bash:

Because I am not a good speller. Payton or Peyton you understand who I am talking about don't you?

WMR
09-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Because I am not a good speller. Payton or Peyton you understand who I am talking about don't you?

I thought u were talking about this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Payton :p

texasdave
09-09-2011, 02:41 PM
NVM. I don't want to get this thread sidetracked.

thatcoolguy_22
09-09-2011, 05:00 PM
IMO with Manning out at least until the end of Nov, if the Colts are not within 2 games or so of the division, I have him sit out the rest of the year. Why risk a reinjury on a lost year?

The runing game (on both sides of the ball) will make or break the Manningless Colts. The national spotlight will be on Collins but it should be on Addai and the O and D lines. Costanzo needs to mature quickly for there to be any outside shot at the playoffs.

*Hypothetical*

Lets say Collins plays well and leads the Colts to the playoffs, Manning is not cleared to play until the Monday before the wild card game. Would anyone start Peyton over Kerry?

thatcoolguy_22
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/27761/ten-questions-on-the-colts-minus-manning

Ten questions worth pondering about the Colts without Peyton Manning:

1. Who’s under the most pressure?

The obvious answer is Kerry Collins, but if the expectations are unreasonable for the 39-year-old quarterback, that’s not on him. He can still be effective, but consistency is an issue and he tends to start games slowly. That’s a problem for the Colts, who are built to jump to leads and let defensive ends Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis pursue quarterbacks who are trying to throw to catch up. Those successful two-minute drills that Manning has run at the end of a half or a game won't happen as often with Collins.

2. What will we learn about Colts head coach Jim Caldwell and offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen?

Jokes about Manning coaching the team tend to be over the top. But he certainly makes more pre-snap decisions on the field than any other quarterback in the league. Even if Collins winds up making some of those reads and determinations, Caldwell and Christensen must show they can plan effectively for him in a way they weren’t always responsible for with Manning at the controls.

Pretty decent write up.

gilpdawg
09-10-2011, 12:33 AM
The Colts knew about his May surgery before they signed that contract too.

I just wonder if he could have had the surgery earlier in the offseason. I'm not a Colts fan, so I haven't watched this closely, but in hindsight, could he possibly have done this sooner? Did the lockout and the inability of management to talk with players affect how/when it was scheduled at all?

Surgery is always the last resort. They thought rest would help. I made the same point when people were saying Volquez waited too long to have TJ. Unless it's something that you absolutely know is going to need surgery, like an Achilles tear or an ACL, you almost always rest and rehab first.

TylerScottDavis
09-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Not that Mike Brown will ever trade him, but Carson would be an absolutely perfect fit in the Colts offense.

Honestly though, if I were Colts management, I would punt this year and start Painter. Hope for 0-16.

The Colts have been a playoff contender for almost all of Peyton's career and if they can parlay his injury and one bad year into Andrew Luck, then why not?

With Peyton still around to coach and groom Luck, the Colts could be looking at another 10+ years of possessing one of the top QB's in the NFL. Not many teams get that kind of opportunity.

IslandRed
09-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Now you have to wonder if it would be smart for him ever to take a snap again. If I were Payton I would seriously think about retiring. He has to be financially set for a number of lifetimes. Why risk greater injury, especially to the neck area, to play 4+ more seasons?

On a local sports talk show yesterday, they had on a doctor who's done cervical fusion surgeries. Barring complications, the one-level fusion they did should result in a neck as strong as it was before injury, and Manning would not be at undue risk. Of course, this presumes he doesn't rush back before the healing process is complete.

The doc said there are cases where a cervical fusion turns out to be only a temporary solution because the adjacent discs/vertebra are also weakened, and solidifying the one in the middle can actually hasten the failure of the adjacent areas. But that's more of a problem that affects, say, a linebacker, who is constantly delivering/absorbing hits with the neck and shoulder area. Manning would not have a lot of risk in that regard, although re-injury is always possible.

Eric_the_Red
09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Many athletes have returned from this type of surgery. Pro wrestling star Kurt Angle is one example, and in that "sport" he certainly takes a lot of abuse on his neck.

Razor Shines
09-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Not that Mike Brown will ever trade him, but Carson would be an absolutely perfect fit in the Colts offense.

Honestly though, if I were Colts management, I would punt this year and start Painter. Hope for 0-16.

The Colts have been a playoff contender for almost all of Peyton's career and if they can parlay his injury and one bad year into Andrew Luck, then why not?

With Peyton still around to coach and groom Luck, the Colts could be looking at another 10+ years of possessing one of the top QB's in the NFL. Not many teams get that kind of opportunity.

I would be hoping for Palmer if Mike Brown wasn't the Bengals GM. I think it would be a great chance for Palmer and the Colts. Palmer has a shot to have a strong season and if Manning is done then he takes over at qb for the Colts for a few years. If Manning comes back and Carson plays well then he's worth something in trade.

Eric_the_Red
09-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Foster is officially out vs. Indy, which offsets some of the loss of Manning. Ward and Tate are still a potentially potent combo. I think the key to this game will be Freeney and Mathis and their ability to get into the backfield. If they can pressure Schaub, I actually like the Colts' chances in this one.

mth123
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Not sure how much difference Manning makes in this game. The defense is putrid.

redsfanmia
09-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Going to be a long season, not sure if the Colts will score more than 20 points in any game with Collins at quarterback unless they get a defensive touchdown. This is bad.

gilpdawg
09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Might as well see if Painter can do anything. Collins isn't a good fit for this team and the defense is a joke. If we win 4 I'll be shocked.

Eric_the_Red
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Might as well see if Painter can do anything. Collins isn't a good fit for this team and the defense is a joke. If we win 4 I'll be shocked.

We've seen what Painter can do: nothing. Collins had zero time to do anything, thanks to shoddy play by the OL. Granted, the two fumbles were his fault, but I still feel better with him under center than Painter.

gilpdawg
09-12-2011, 12:02 AM
We've seen what Painter can do: nothing. Collins had zero time to do anything, thanks to shoddy play by the OL. Granted, the two fumbles were his fault, but I still feel better with him under center than Painter.

Painter has never actually got to play with the first team in practice and then play a game, but you're probably right. There's nothing to lose though. I've talked to a bunch of Colts fans today and everybody is in denial. This team isn't very talented. At all. Manning was holding that house of cards together. Might as well play Painter because this team is going nowhere anyway. Too many wasted drafts and bad managerial decisions. Even with Manning this team isn't a Super Bowl contender. Fringe playoff team. They have work to do.

Hoosier Red
09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Painter has never actually got to play with the first team in practice and then play a game, but you're probably right. There's nothing to lose though. I've talked to a bunch of Colts fans today and everybody is in denial. This team isn't very talented. At all. Manning was holding that house of cards together. Might as well play Painter because this team is going nowhere anyway. Too many wasted drafts and bad managerial decisions. Even with Manning this team isn't a Super Bowl contender. Fringe playoff team. They have work to do.

I had this discussion with a friend of mine that Peyton Manning's losing playoff record was deceiving because a) he started off 0-3, and b)Peyton led teams made the playoffs when lesser quarterbacks would have gone 6-10.
If your team is good enough to go 6-10 without you, and you nurse 5 extra wins, that shows your value.

Last year was a perfect example.

IslandRed
09-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty sure someone said it here earlier, but variations of this tongue-in-cheek comment were all over Twitter yesterday about the time the score reached 34-0: "Manning might win the MVP without actually playing."

redsfanmia
09-13-2011, 07:40 PM
The Texans are a good team, I think even with PEyton they lose. This week against the Browns will tell how good or bad the Colts are.

redsfanmia
09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
The Colts turn the clock back to the good bad old days, I think this is a 2-4 win team at best. This could actually be a good thing if Manning comes back next season. They can either draft an heir apparent or another weapon for Manning with the high first and second round picks.

George Anderson
09-18-2011, 04:54 PM
The Colts turn the clock back to the good bad old days, I think this is a 2-4 win team at best. This could actually be a good thing if Manning comes back next season. They can either draft an heir apparent or another weapon for Manning with the high first and second round picks.

100% agree.

mth123
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM

I hope they draft a defensive tackle who can stop somebody. This team looks like its offense will improve. I still think the line will continue to get better (but I'm skeptical of Linkenbach). Collins will get better every week. The problem is the defense. The second corner spot doesn't look so hot, the outside linebackers are nothing to get excited about and the middle of the defensive line still gets blown off the ball. This team has it DE and its Safeties and that's about it. Powers is OK if the had some other corners to go with him and Brackett gives a solid workmanlike effort when he's healthy. But the defense has too many soft spots and without Manning forcing the other team into a drop back shootout, Freeney and Mathis can't go full bore after the QB every play and are kind of wasted. The defense doesn't have the improvement coming that the offense might have (and will have when Manning finally returns whenever that is).

Eric_the_Red
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
I hope they draft a defensive tackle who can stop somebody. This team looks like its offense will improve. I still think the line will continue to get better (but I'm skeptical of Linkenbach). Collins will get better every week. The problem is the defense. The second corner spot doesn't look so hot, the outside linebackers are nothing to get excited about and the middle of the defensive line still gets blown off the ball. This team has it DE and its Safeties and that's about it. Powers is OK if the had some other corners to go with him and Brackett gives a solid workmanlike effort when he's healthy. But the defense has too many soft spots and without Manning forcing the other team into a drop back shootout, Freeney and Mathis can't go full bore after the QB every play and are kind of wasted. The defense doesn't have the improvement coming that the offense might have (and will have when Manning finally returns whenever that is).

For the most part I agree, but I think Angerer will be an above average LB for years to come. I really enjoy watching him play.

Razor Shines
09-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Collins misses so many throws. I'm sure it will get a little better but not much because I remember thinking the same thing the last couple seasons he was with Tennessee.

redsfanmia
09-19-2011, 08:23 AM

I will disagree with your assessment of the D line and the safeties. I think the safeties other than Bethea are terrible and the D line is much improved over the last few years.

Sea Ray
09-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Colts owner said what most of us had already figured out, that Peyton is pretty much gone for the year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7021905/indianapolis-colts-expect-peyton-manning-back-2012-owner-jim-irsay-says

I imagine it's only a matter of time before they IR him.

No sense in screwing up a shot at Andrew Luck by bringing Peyton back in December anyway

Eric_the_Red
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Colts owner said what most of us had already figured out, that Peyton is pretty much gone for the year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7021905/indianapolis-colts-expect-peyton-manning-back-2012-owner-jim-irsay-says

I imagine it's only a matter of time before they IR him.

No sense in screwing up a shot at Andrew Luck by bringing Peyton back in December anyway

I know the Colts will not be good this year, but I don't see how the Chiefs (and perhaps a few other teams) win more games. As much as I would love for the Colts to have Manning groom Luck to take over, I don't see how it will be possible.

Eric_the_Red
10-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Painter looked to be a step up from Collins, but that is faint praise. The injury bug from last season has seemed to spill over into this one, and the Andrew Luck sweepstakes seems a bit more realistic now.

The next game (Chiefs/Colts) should be renamed the Andrew Luck Bowl. Both teams should be in the hunt for the rest of the year.

At what point do you start rooting for your team to lose? I still root for them to win, but must admit that #1 draft spot is looking better each week.

George Anderson
10-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Painter looked to be a step up from Collins, but that is faint praise. The injury bug from last season has seemed to spill over into this one, and the Andrew Luck sweepstakes seems a bit more realistic now.

The next game (Chiefs/Colts) should be renamed the Andrew Luck Bowl. Both teams should be in the hunt for the rest of the year.

At what point do you start rooting for your team to lose? I still root for them to win, but must admit that #1 draft spot is looking better each week.

When I heard Manning was out for the year, from there on out I wanted to suck for Luck.

gilpdawg
10-04-2011, 12:58 AM
When I heard Manning was out for the year, from there on out I wanted to suck for Luck.

Would Polian take Luck, or would they trade the pick and try to improve the depth?

CTA513
10-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Would Polian take Luck, or would they trade the pick and try to improve the depth?

If they are in position to take him then I would think they would have to take him.

gilpdawg
10-04-2011, 05:05 AM
If they are in position to take him then I would think they would have to take him.
For most teams you are right. I don't know if Irsay has the cajones to draft a QB while Manning is still around*(see below), and we don't even know if Luck comes out. He's got another year if he wants it. Hypothetically, if Indy has the top pick, and Luck knows he has to sit behind Manning for 3 years at least, does he even declare? It's easy to say "put him on the "Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre plan" but Luck has to be willing to do that or it will create problems. I don't know enough about the kid to judge but all athletes have egos that need feeding.

I've heard some people saying they should go for Luck and then trade Manning. That isn't going to happen. Ever. Irsay would rather hang himself then do wrong by Peyton. He knows Peyton Manning saved professional football in Indiana and he knows he owes Manning the right to play for the Colts as long as he wishes.

mth123
10-04-2011, 06:33 AM
I will disagree with your assessment of the D line and the safeties. I think the safeties other than Bethea are terrible and the D line is much improved over the last few years.

Now that Bullitt is out, I agree on the Safeties. I still think the D-Line gets pushed around too much. I know the defense is built on speed, but I still think they need a massive 320+ pound tackle who can occupy 2 blockers on every play without getting pushed too far backwards. That would allow the quickness at LB to move in and tackle the ball carrier before he's 5 or 6 (or 15) yards down field. With this defense, that extra blocker is freed up to seal off that LB and spring the runner through the hole (which is already 3 yards downfield) for an extra 5 or 6 yards before somebody else can move over to make the play.

mth123
10-04-2011, 06:45 AM
For most teams you are right. I don't know if Irsay has the cajones to draft a QB while Manning is still around*(see below), and we don't even know if Luck comes out. He's got another year if he wants it. Hypothetically, if Indy has the top pick, and Luck knows he has to sit behind Manning for 3 years at least, does he even declare? It's easy to say "put him on the "Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre plan" but Luck has to be willing to do that or it will create problems. I don't know enough about the kid to judge but all athletes have egos that need feeding.

I've heard some people saying they should go for Luck and then trade Manning. That isn't going to happen. Ever. Irsay would rather hang himself then do wrong by Peyton. He knows Peyton Manning saved professional football in Indiana and he knows he owes Manning the right to play for the Colts as long as he wishes.

I agree. Mostly I want them to take advantage of Manning's final years. This team is getting beat on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. If they could trade that high pick to add two ro three guys who could fortify the offensive and defensive lines, I think that would be much better. Fix those spots and take a couple shots of the super bowl. Those high picked QBs are a crap shoot. Manning worked out great, but there are a lot of QBs picked in the top 10 picks in the draft who turn out to be nothing,

Besides, with the money they are paying Manning, I'm not sure thay can afford the cap hit a QB taken number 1 might cause. There are other positions that need filled and bringing in a young QB just to have him murdered because the line can't block and they are left with receivers that can't get open because all the cap money is being consumed by the QB position seems a waste. Build a solid young foundation that should be mature and performing at a high level in 2 or 3 years and then go get the QB who will be Manning's successor.

redsfanmia
10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Now that Bullitt is out, I agree on the Safeties. I still think the D-Line gets pushed around too much. I know the defense is built on speed, but I still think they need a massive 320+ pound tackle who can occupy 2 blockers on every play without getting pushed too far backwards. That would allow the quickness at LB to move in and tackle the ball carrier before he's 5 or 6 (or 15) yards down field. With this defense, that extra blocker is freed up to seal off that LB and spring the runner through the hole (which is already 3 yards downfield) for an extra 5 or 6 yards before somebody else can move over to make the play.

Bullitt is not good, he was good a few years ago but now he is terrible. The d-line is still small but the depth and talent is the deepest in years. Going to be a long year but I think we have seen the last of Collins unless Painter gets hurt. Painter is terrible but is a better option than Collins who looks uninterested and still retired.

redsfanmia
10-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I thnk this team is staring 1-15 or 2-14 in the eyes right now. I think that Jim Caldwell is among the weakest and worst coaches in the league and his staff is not on the same level as the one that Tony Dungy had. I wonder if Caldwell survives the season at this point. I think the Colts will clean house and go with more of a Chris Polian guy, I just hope Chris Polian is more like Ken Griffey Jr and less like Pete Rose Jr.

Razor Shines
10-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Was I the only one hoping the Saints would get 70? That was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen.
Tebow may have screwed us by bringing the broncos back to win that game.

Reds/Flyers Fan
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
The commissioner should start looking into the Colts. It would be extremely difficult to prove and it would be highly damaging to the reputation of the league, but if it's found that they're tanking games then they should be stripped of ALL draft choices next year. The equivalent of the NCAA death penalty or close to it wouldn't be too harsh.

There is no way that team is this bad.

Sea Ray
10-24-2011, 05:00 PM
The commissioner should start looking into the Colts. It would be extremely difficult to prove and it would be highly damaging to the reputation of the league, but if it's found that they're tanking games then they should be stripped of ALL draft choices next year. The equivalent of the NCAA death penalty or close to it wouldn't be too harsh.

Why just tank the Saints game? They've been competitive in the others

Eric_the_Red
10-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Why just tank the Saints game? They've been competitive in the others

Exactly. And if you are tanking, why do it so embarrassingly? I'd be more suspicious of the Dolphins blowing such a big late lead to the Broncos.

Sea Ray
10-24-2011, 05:35 PM
This Andrew Luck stuff is really reaching critical mass. The guy's going to have an incredible expectation that will be very difficult to reach. For example if he replaces Peyton he will hasten the retirement or moving of one of the best NFL QBs ever. As good as he may be, he'll likely not ever be as good as Peyton.

Did any of you see Stanford's game on Sat night vs the Wash Huskies? Stanford used a stout running game to bowl over the Huskies. How stout? They ran for 446 yards on 44 rushes. Yep, you heard right. Over 10 yards a rush! When have you ever heard of a pro set college team with rushing numbers like that? This wasn't Woody's offense with Cornelius Greene or Rod Gerald running the show. So what did Luck have to do? Games like that hardly prepare him to carry a bad NFL team like he'll be asked to do

Donder
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM

So the players are tanking? At the risk of losing money in their next contract? Or is the coaching staff tanking? And risk their careers? I'm not sure how this tanking in professional sports really works today.

gilpdawg
10-24-2011, 06:07 PM

Yes there is. Been obvious for awhile now that this was an untalented team being carried by Manning. If anything this just shows more of his greatness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

redsfanmia
10-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Age and poor draft choices have caught up with this team. The last 4 or 5 first round picks have been abysmal in my opinion.

I think that part of the issue is that Bill Polian is transitioning power to his son Chris who seems to be more in the Pat Knight/Pete Rose Jr mold than the Ken Griffey Jr/Barry Bonds mold.

George Anderson
10-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Yes this team is very bad. Between some recent bad drafts and numerous injuries, this franchise has dropped like a lead balloon.

If they are trying to tank the season then they are doing a very poor job because 5 of the 7 losses have been by 10 points or less.

George Anderson
10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Age and poor draft choices have caught up with this team. The last 4 or 5 first round picks have been abysmal in my opinion.

I think that part of the issue is that Bill Polian is transitioning power to his son Chris who seems to be more in the Pat Knight/Pete Rose Jr mold than the Ken Griffey Jr/Barry Bonds mold.

Scary.... I fear and kinda expect the same thing.

Lets add Don/Dave Shula to the mix to

15fan
10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
I thnk this team is staring 1-15 or 2-14 in the eyes right now. I think that Jim Caldwell is among the weakest and worst coaches in the league and his staff is not on the same level as the one that Tony Dungy had. I wonder if Caldwell survives the season at this point. I think the Colts will clean house and go with more of a Chris Polian guy, I just hope Chris Polian is more like Ken Griffey Jr and less like Pete Rose Jr.

A Jim Caldwell team getting bludgeoned by 50+?

Been down that road. It ain't pretty. And it sucks, because the next bad thing you hear about Jim Caldwell the person will be the first.

If the Colts end up with the #1 pick, I think they shop it to whoever is willing to give up 3 #1 picks in the next 4 years for Luck. Sets the team up for the last year of Manning & the first year or two post-Manning with 7 #1s in a 4 year span. Even Polian couldn't screw that up.

Could he?

fearofpopvol1
10-24-2011, 08:23 PM

Seriously? You really believe that?

George Anderson
10-24-2011, 08:25 PM
A Jim Caldwell team getting bludgeoned by 50+?

Been down that road. It ain't pretty. And it sucks, because the next bad thing you hear about Jim Caldwell the person will be the first.

If the Colts end up with the #1 pick, I think they shop it to whoever is willing to give up 3 #1 picks in the next 4 years for Luck. Sets the team up for the last year of Manning & the first year or two post-Manning with 7 #1s in a 4 year span. Even Polian couldn't screw that up.

Could he?

While Bill Polian has had some recent bad drafts, I would put his record as GM up against about anyone.. 5 Super Bowls as GM is awfully impressive and something that will likely get him enshrined in Canton.

As far as next years draft, alot of it is going to come down to if Manning is even able to come back. That still is up in the air.

redsfanmia
10-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Seriously? You really believe that?

I don't think the Colts are tanking games now but they have tanked games in the past.

gilpdawg
10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't think the Colts are tanking games now but they have tanked games in the past.

How come when the Colts do it it's "tanking" but when other teams do it "they are just resting guys for the playoffs?" Because they were undefeated once? Give me a break. It's all about getting that ring. If they felt that the best chance to win was to rest people then that's what they should have done. Nobody cares if you go undefeated if you lose in the playoffs.

redsfanmia
10-24-2011, 08:47 PM
How come when the Colts do it it's "tanking" but when other teams do it "they are just resting guys for the playoffs?" Because they were undefeated once? Give me a break. It's all about getting that ring. If they felt that the best chance to win was to rest people then that's what they should have done. Nobody cares if you go undefeated if you lose in the playoffs.

I am a huge Colt fan, I was just pointing out that they have tanked games/rested players in the past. How did they do in the playoffs when they rested players/tanked games?

George Anderson
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM
I am a huge Colt fan, I was just pointing out that they have tanked games/rested players in the past. How did they do in the playoffs when they rested players/tanked games?

They got to the SB :beerme:

I have argued with people till I am blue in the face over this one.

I always hear...."we had a chance to make history" , "they cheated the fans who paid good money to watch the Colts/Jets game", " The Colts showed no integrity" blah, blah, blah. To me the whole season is about getting to and winning the SB. Sure they came up short but whether they tanked the Jets game or not did not matter. The Saints simply were better than the Colts that night and IMO the Colts did the right thing to rest their players the last two games of the year and go in to the playoffs rested.

Razor Shines
10-24-2011, 11:03 PM
They got to the SB :beerme:

I have argued with people till I am blue in the face over this one.

I always hear...."we had a chance to make history" , "they cheated the fans who paid good money to watch the Colts/Jets game", " The Colts showed no integrity" blah, blah, blah. To me the whole season is about getting to and winning the SB. Sure they came up short but whether they tanked the Jets game or not did not matter. The Saints simply were better than the Colts that night and IMO the Colts did the right thing to rest their players the last two games of the year and go in to the playoffs rested.

Agree. At the time I wished they didnt rest their players but I also said after the first playoff game it wouldnt have any bearing on how they played.

fearofpopvol1
10-25-2011, 01:13 AM

In my opinion, resting players for the playoffs is not the same as tanking games. To me, tanking games would suggest a team is purposely losing in hopes of landing a better draft pick. The Colts, from what I have seen, have never done such a thing.

bucksfan2
10-25-2011, 08:16 AM
While Bill Polian has had some recent bad drafts, I would put his record as GM up against about anyone.. 5 Super Bowls as GM is awfully impressive and something that will likely get him enshrined in Canton.

As far as next years draft, alot of it is going to come down to if Manning is even able to come back. That still is up in the air.

I disagree with this pretty much 100%. The best thing Polian did (I think) was draft Manning. Peyton fell into the Colts lap and the rest has been history. In reality I think Polian's were lackluster at best. I do find it ironic that the Colts may just land the #1 pick in two drafts, decades apart, with a bonified franchise QB waiting to be picked.

Razor Shines
10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
I disagree with this pretty much 100%. The best thing Polian did (I think) was draft Manning. Peyton fell into the Colts lap and the rest has been history. In reality I think Polian's were lackluster at best. I do find it ironic that the Colts may just land the #1 pick in two drafts, decades apart, with a bonified franchise QB waiting to be picked.

What about the Bills and the Panthers?

George Anderson
10-25-2011, 08:56 AM

So you think Edgerrin James, Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark were all lackluster picks??.

bucksfan2
10-25-2011, 10:30 AM
So you think Edgerrin James, Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark were all lackluster picks??.

Didn't realize that Clark was a first rounder, thought they nabbed him later. But how about their first two picks in drafts since Bob Sanders was drafted? Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Joseph Addai, Tim Jennings, Anthony Gonzalez, Tony Ugoh, Mike Pollak, Donald Brown, Fili Moala, Jerry Hughes, and Pat Angerer. The 2011 draft is too soon to judge so I won't include it. I think you can look at that list and understand why the Colts are in the shape they are.

He did make some good picks, but again I think you have to consider how much of an impact Manning makes on the offensive players. Edge was a good pick but just think what the Colts would have looked like with Marshall Faulk playing RB/WR with Manning for 5 or so years.

George Anderson
10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Didn't realize that Clark was a first rounder, thought they nabbed him later. But how about their first two picks in drafts since Bob Sanders was drafted? Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Joseph Addai, Tim Jennings, Anthony Gonzalez, Tony Ugoh, Mike Pollak, Donald Brown, Fili Moala, Jerry Hughes, and Pat Angerer. The 2011 draft is too soon to judge so I won't include it. I think you can look at that list and understand why the Colts are in the shape they are.

He did make some good picks, but again I think you have to consider how much of an impact Manning makes on the offensive players. Edge was a good pick but just think what the Colts would have looked like with Marshall Faulk playing RB/WR with Manning for 5 or so years.

Your comment that Polian's drafts other than Manning have been lackluster at best is the part I disagreed with strongly. Polian IMO will no doubt end up in Canton.

Yes he has had some dud drafts no doubt, but even the great Bob Howsam traded Tony Perez for Dale Murray and Woody Fryman so no one is perfect.

chicoruiz
10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
The guy who seems to be getting a free pass in all of this is Chris Polian, Bill's son and heir apparent. Over the past few seasons, Chris has been getting more and more input into the running of the team. And over the past few seasons, the Colts drafts have been going down the toilet. Coincidence???

Another thing: Have you noticed how the team's two best assistant coaches, Tom Moore and Howard Mudd, "retired" a couple of years ago, only to resurface a year later with another team? That tells me there's something toxic going on within the organization. And though I don't have any inside info, I'd take a good long hard look at Junior Polian as being the source of that toxicity.

For whatever reason, they've been left with one sorry set of assistant coaches. Other than maybe Teerlinck, there's not a one of them that would have a job on a really good staff.

George Anderson
10-25-2011, 11:49 AM
I think they gotta take a long, hard look at Jim Caldwell in the post season.

I am not one to point fingers at the coach when things go south but let put it this way, if Caldwell was fired tomorrow would anyone in the NFL hire him?

bucksfan2
10-25-2011, 11:58 AM
I think they gotta take a long, hard look at Jim Caldwell in the post season.

I am not one to point fingers at the coach when things go south but let put it this way, if Caldwell was fired tomorrow would anyone in the NFL hire him?

From an outsiders perspective, Caldwell should have never been hired. I think Dungy was a big fan and he maneuvered in such a way that Caldwell was the one to get a job. I think he often looks over matched on the sidelines.

A sign of a good coach is what happens when the team faces adversity. I would imagine its easy to be a coach with Manning on the sidelines. Its what happens when Peyton isn't that is more telling of a coaches ability.

redsfanmia
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
The guy who seems to be getting a free pass in all of this is Chris Polian, Bill's son and heir apparent. Over the past few seasons, Chris has been getting more and more input into the running of the team. And over the past few seasons, the Colts drafts have been going down the toilet. Coincidence???

Another thing: Have you noticed how the team's two best assistant coaches, Tom Moore and Howard Mudd, "retired" a couple of years ago, only to resurface a year later with another team? That tells me there's something toxic going on within the organization. And though I don't have any inside info, I'd take a good long hard look at Junior Polian as being the source of that toxicity.

For whatever reason, they've been left with one sorry set of assistant coaches. Other than maybe Teerlinck, there's not a one of them that would have a job on a really good staff.

This is my point, ever since Bill has taken a step back the drafts have suffered. No GM is ever going to be 100% but Bill did a great job building the Colts.

fearofpopvol1
11-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Colts may have good LUCK soon!

KoryMac5
11-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Man that might open up a very uncomfortable situation with Manning, rumor has it he is adament that the Colts not draft Luck if they get the #1 pick.

What would u do, trade the pick or trade Manning and start the youth movement.

Sea Ray
11-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Man that might open up a very uncomfortable situation with Manning, rumor has it he is adament that the Colts not draft Luck if they get the #1 pick.

It's still real early but I'd draft Luck

George Anderson
11-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I love Peyton but he has to realize it is more than obvious this franchise needs to start rebuilding. If Manning wasn't 35 then yes we might have another run or two left, but at his age and with the team being crap, it is time to start over.

Sea Ray
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I love Peyton but he has to realize it is more than obvious this franchise needs to start rebuilding. If Manning wasn't 35 then yes we might have another run or two left, but at his age and with the team being crap, it is time to start over.

Not only is he 35 but he's had a bunch of surgeries and the best QB prospect in a decade is on the Board. To me the only way you don't take Luck is if you think he's overhyped, then you trade the pick but you still ought to pick one of the other QBs that fit your taste

George Anderson
11-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Not only is he 35 but he's had a bunch of surgeries and the best QB prospect in a decade is on the Board. To me the only way you don't take Luck is if you think he's overhyped, then you trade the pick but you still ought to pick one of the other QBs that fit your taste

I hate to say it but I think Manning is done.

He is 35, 2 young kids, he has more money than he knows what to do with, he realizes he will likely never see another SB while in Indy and most important, I have heard rumors that doctors have told him while the risk is small, a good hit could paralyze him.

I'd quit in a heartbeat if that was the case.

Sea Ray
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I have heard rumors that doctors have told him while the risk is small, a good hit could paralyze him.

I'd quit in a heartbeat if that was the case.

Couldn't that be said about any football player? All indications are that he wants to come back so if he was told that, it didn't affect his decision to return

That said, it doesn't look promising at this point

George Anderson
11-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Couldn't that be said about any football player?

But when you have had numerous neck surgeries that potential is much greater.

fearofpopvol1
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Unless he's told he can't play, I see no reason Peyton won't play again.

With that said, I would take Luck in a second too. To have the QB position most likely take care of for another 15+ years would be grand.

Slyder
11-03-2011, 09:35 PM

Visions of Montana in KC dance in my head... and it makes me sad :(.

dougdirt
11-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I would take Luck. Manning can do one of three things.... come back and play/mentor him, retire or ask to be traded.

You simply can't set your franchise back by not taking someone like Andrew Luck if you have the opportunity. I am a Bengals fan and I had a discussion the other day with a friend that is somehow the Bengals wound up with the chance to draft Luck, that I would absolutely, without question, take him. And I like Andy Dalton. You know who shouldn't draft Andrew Luck? The Packers. The Lions. Teams with sub 30 year old quarterbacks who are also elite.

redsfanmia
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Bob Kravitz pretty much confirmed that Chris Polian has forced out some of the scouts and coaches who help build the Colts. I have always thought it was strange that we never really heard about the younger Polian getting any interviews for GM jobs any where if he was such a hot commodity, although maybe he did and it was never reported.

Slyder
11-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Now Indy is in the driver seat in the Suck For Luck Race as Miami beats KC to leave Indy as the only winless team in football. I just wish Miami played Indy the final week of the year with the "loser" clinching the first draft pick. That would make GREAT tv :D.

cincrazy
11-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I could make the argument that the Lions should draft Luck over the Bengals. Obviously, these situations won't present themselves, but Stafford is an injury risk, and far from elite IMO. I'd take Dalton going forward over Stafford, but clearly that's just me, I'm sure many others feel differently. Stafford has the edge in physical tools, but as a pure quarterback, I give the edge to Dalton.

I would take Luck. Manning can do one of three things.... come back and play/mentor him, retire or ask to be traded.

You simply can't set your franchise back by not taking someone like Andrew Luck if you have the opportunity. I am a Bengals fan and I had a discussion the other day with a friend that is somehow the Bengals wound up with the chance to draft Luck, that I would absolutely, without question, take him. And I like Andy Dalton. You know who shouldn't draft Andrew Luck? The Packers. The Lions. Teams with sub 30 year old quarterbacks who are also elite.

Donder
11-08-2011, 05:01 PM
The Indy/NE game as been flexed off prime time.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7208261/nfl-flexes-indianapolis-colts-new-england-patriots-prime-time-week-13

As a Colts fan I'm actually relieved. It's pretty embarrassing being in prime time this season.

Razor Shines
11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Tomorrow the Colts will honor Marvin Harrison by unveiling a statue of him dropping a gun into a wash bucket.

redsfanmia
11-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Tomorrow the Colts will honor Marvin Harrison by unveiling a statue of him dropping a gun into a wash bucket.

Allegedly

gilpdawg
11-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Tomorrow the Colts will honor Marvin Harrison by unveiling a statue of him dropping a gun into a wash bucket.That made me laugh really hard. As a side note, call it a hunch, but I think we beat Carolina tomorrow. I might wind up looking like an idiot saying that, I know.

TeamSelig
11-27-2011, 10:21 AM

:lol:

redsfanmia
11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
That made me laugh really hard. As a side note, call it a hunch, but I think we beat Carolina tomorrow. I might wind up looking like an idiot saying that, I know.

I think they win today too, first time I think ever that I turned down a free ticket to a Colts game.

fearofpopvol1
11-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Still winless. Good "Luck" is on the way?

Colts are going to get spanked by the Patriots next week and the Ravens the week after. I don’t see the Colts beating the Texans (even with their shoddy QB situation) either. I do think they have a chance of winning 1 of the Titans/Jaguars games though, could even be both. There are 2 possible issues for the Colts moving forward with regard to the Luck sweepstakes. Both the Vikings and the Rams have 2 wins right now. If 2 (or 3) teams have the same record at the end of the season, the league goes by the year before for draft placement, which is bad news for the Colts. I’d like to see both the Vikings and Rams win 1 more game for me to feel like the Colts have locked in Luck. Vikings have Denver, Detroit, New Orleans, Washington and Chicago. I doubt they’ll beat New Orleans or Detroit, but I’m hopeful that they can win at least 1 of those other games, if they have AP. I’m more concerned about the Rams. They should have beaten Arizona today and tanked. The Rams haven’t played the way they are capable of, but they have a brutal finish to the season with San Francisco (2X), Seattle, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh. They might be able to beat Seattle or Cincinnati if they have an off day. But that is 1 tough schedule. I’m still hopeful they’ll find a way to win 1 of those games, but who knows. As I said before, I’m hopeful about Luck, but I’d really like to see Minnesota and St. Louis win 1 more game each before I feel comfortable.

Eric_the_Red
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
My fear isn't that St Louis somehow gets the #1 seed and drafts Luck (no way they'd do that with Bradford on the team), but that they would trade that pick to a team that needs a QB.

Does anybody know how the draft tie-break would work if the Colts and Rams both finish with 2 wins?

fearofpopvol1
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
My fear isn't that St Louis somehow gets the #1 seed and drafts Luck (no way they'd do that with Bradford on the team), but that they would trade that pick to a team that needs a QB.

Does anybody know how the draft tie-break would work if the Colts and Rams both finish with 2 wins?

The Rams would get the #1 pick.

bucksfan2
11-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Colts fans, how good do you think this team would be with Peyton? What kind of record do you think you will see out of them next year with Peyton?

I don't think I can recall a team laying down this badly over the course of a season. Its shocking that a team with some nice pieces is really threatening a defeated season. When you looked at the Lions of a few years ago they were the most dysfunctional franchise in football. You expected them to go defeated. The Colts with Pro Bowlers on the outside as well as the D Line you expected more.

George Anderson
11-28-2011, 03:40 PM

No need to worry.

The Colts are very bad.

I think part of Polians plan is to tank the season and get the #1 pick.

George Anderson
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Colts fans, how good do you think this team would be with Peyton? What kind of record do you think you will see out of them next year with Peyton?

I don't think I can recall a team laying down this badly over the course of a season. Its shocking that a team with some nice pieces is really threatening a defeated season. When you looked at the Lions of a few years ago they were the most dysfunctional franchise in football. You expected them to go defeated. The Colts with Pro Bowlers on the outside as well as the D Line you expected more.

IMO Manning is good for a 2 TD advantage per game. 8 games have been decided by less than 2 TD, so I would say a Manning led team would have 7-8 wins. Just a guess though.

redsfanmia
11-28-2011, 07:03 PM
i think a healthy Manning means 10 wins even with this bunch. I think the Colts really want nothing to do with the decision that will come with the #1 pick.

fearofpopvol1
11-28-2011, 07:07 PM
IMO Manning is good for a 2 TD advantage per game. 8 games have been decided by less than 2 TD, so I would say a Manning led team would have 7-8 wins. Just a guess though.

I think this is accurate. Plus, the Colts have lost some important people not named Peyton too. Howard Mudd and Tom Moore come to mind. I think those guys are worth at least a win or 2.

fearofpopvol1
11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
i think a healthy Manning means 10 wins even with this bunch. I think the Colts really want nothing to do with the decision that will come with the #1 pick.

I think the Colts happily would take Luck with the first pick. The question then becomes to trade or keep. I think they'd be wise to keep.

TeamSelig
11-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I keep hearing people say that they can draft Luck and in 2 years he can take over. Does anyone else think Peyton has more than 2 years left in him? I think he has 6-7 seasons left, barring any crazy injuries.

fearofpopvol1
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM
I keep hearing people say that they can draft Luck and in 2 years he can take over. Does anyone else think Peyton has more than 2 years left in him? I think he has 6-7 seasons left, barring any crazy injuries.

I don't see 6-7 years, but I also see more than 2 years. Realistically, I think it's somewhere in the middle. I'd love to see a Favre/Rogers kind of transition with Manning/Luck. And just remember, there's no guarantee that Peyton comes back healthy. And if Peyton were to have another serious injury, who steps in? Painter again?

gilpdawg
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I think this years team would be 9-7 or 8-8 with Manning. They aren't very talented other than a few guys. It really proves just how good Manning is, because last years team wasn't much better.

Eric_the_Red
11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
The Rams would get the #1 pick.

Do you know how this is determined? Strength of schedule?

Eric_the_Red
11-28-2011, 09:40 PM
With Manning, this year's Colts win 8-10 games. Obviously, they would score more points, but they also would figure to lead in more games. That would force teams into more passing situations, which plays into the hands of their defense lead by Freeney and Mathis.

Eric_the_Red
11-28-2011, 09:44 PM
FSN's Chris Myers interviewed Manning this weekend and left with the impression there is a greater than 50% chance that Peyton retires after the season ends.

Manning did not say this, it is Myers' opinion, but still more fuel to the fire to get Luck. If Manning did decide to retire, I wonder if he would be open to stay on with the org to coach up young Mr. Luck? Heck, just can Caldwell and let Peyton coach the team. (Kidding. Sort of.)

Sea Ray
11-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Do you know how this is determined? Strength of schedule?

Yes, strength of schedule. Whoever had the easiest schedule will get the top pick in the first rd. This will be flipped for rd two. I don't know how we can definitely say now who will end up with the easiest schedule a month from now.

I don't think it's all about Luck. I think Matt Barkley is a 1a after Luck and yes, I do think he'll come out

George Anderson
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM

Manning will be 36 next year. He is not going to play till he is 42.

If Manning can come back then he has maybe 3 years tops to play. Considering this team is no where near a SB contender they need to look to the future and draft Luck.

TeamSelig
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I absolutely think Luck should be drafted, I'm just not sure Manning will be retired that quickly. The guy doesn't move outside of the pocket so any type of athletic loss wouldn't matter IMO.

Eric_the_Red
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Manning has a couple of new reasons to stay at home and not risk a potentially severe injury:

http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=BG&Date=20111128&Category=SPORTS03&ArtNo=1128003&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=640&Maxh=410&q=60

fearofpopvol1
12-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Very interesting!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7304392/peyton-manning-doctor-says-fusion-healed-firmly

On Sunday, television commentators on the Colts-Panthers broadcast even discussed the possibility of Manning retiring after the season, a contention team vice chairman Bill Polian shot down on his weekly radio show Monday night.

Polian said Monday the Colts could keep Manning and draft Luck and still remain competitive under the salary cap, and team owner Jim Irsay has said he believes the two sides could work out a new contract that would make it less costly to keep Manning.

Eric_the_Red
12-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Manning cleared to take next step:

One day after Manning's latest monthly checkup, Dr. Robert Watkins gave the winless Indianapolis Colts and their franchise quarterback some good news in this miserable season: The four-time league MVP is healing.

"I am encouraged with what Doc had to say," Manning said. "I am happy that I can increase my rehabilitation program as outlined by him ... and the Colts' medical staff. I am hopeful for continued progress in this next phase of my rehab."

Watkins believes Manning's recovery will continue.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hU_1lt0B3NIT7LgnMeYf7KBD-gMw?docId=4d70a93d66bd400285fba34ff33fa561

redsfanmia
12-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Rumour has it that Peyton was throwing with Austin Collie and Dallas Clark today, I wonder how many balls Clark dropped?

fearofpopvol1
12-14-2011, 01:41 AM
I don't see any worthwhile reason to risk any further injury to Peyton with 3 games left. It is good to hear that the recovery is is coming along nicely though.

Eric_the_Red
12-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Today could be the day the Colts clinch the #1 overall pick. A Colts loss to the Titans or Rams win over the Bengals, and the speculation on the Luck/Manning situation will officially go into overdrive.

Here is what I would like to see:
- Irsay dumps the Polians (father & son)
- Caldwell is fired
- Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher is hired as coach with a say in personnel
- Draft Luck #1 to learn behind Manning, or start if Manning is done

Razor Shines
12-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I agree with everything except possibly the Pollians. If Chris is taking over then yes, but if Bill is still running things, then I want him.

Also, Jeff Fischer and Peyton Manning are pretty good friends, I wonder if hiring him would impact what happens with Peyton.

Eric_the_Red
12-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree with everything except possibly the Pollians. If Chris is taking over then yes, but if Bill is still running things, then I want him.

Also, Jeff Fischer and Peyton Manning are pretty good friends, I wonder if hiring him would impact what happens with Peyton.

There is no way Bill stays without Chris though. So, get rid of them both. Judging by recent drafts, they have lost their touch.

George Anderson
12-18-2011, 01:50 PM
There is no way Bill stays without Chris though. So, get rid of them both. Judging by recent drafts, they have lost their touch.

Sadly I agree. I am a huge BILL Polian fan but I have heard enough from behind the scenes that Chris is a disaster and is responsible for alot of the recent bad stuff. I wish Bill would stay and Chris would leave or work in a much lesser role but that won't happen.

KoryMac5
12-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Why Donald Brown isn't starting for this team boggles my mind. Let the kid and former number one pick show what he can do down the stretch. His yds per carry is better than Addai or Carter.

KoryMac5
12-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Looks like a win for Indy today, congrats to them. And yes Donald Brown still needs to get the darn ball more, 7.1 yds per carry today!

redsfanmia
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I think the Colts win out and avoid the top pick in the draft and the whole organization lets out a huge sigh of relief.

redsfanmia
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Looks like a win for Indy today, congrats to them. And yes Donald Brown still needs to get the darn ball more, 7.1 yds per carry today!

An 80 yard run helps the ypc.

Eric_the_Red
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I think the Colts win out and avoid the top pick in the draft and the whole organization lets out a huge sigh of relief.

..if Manning returns next year.

Let's say your scenario happens: who do they take at #2? I would guess/hope they would trade down for multiple picks.

The really unfortunate aspect to the scenario would mean the probable return of Caldwell and the Polians.

fearofpopvol1
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Colts vice chairman Bill Polian says QB Peyton Manning will not play this season.

The Colts winning today makes the "Luck" situation interesting. Minnesota and St. Louis both lost today too. I also read that the Rams are considering shutting down Bradford for the season.

The Colts have Houston at home next week and then @Jacksonville. The Rams have @Pittsburgh and then San Fran at home to finish out. Minnesota has @Redskins and then the Bears at home.

I just don't see the Colts winning both of those games, but I think they could win 1 of them, but they could lose them both too. I think the Rams are going to have a hard time winning either of their games. Minnesota could win another game.

What do you think?

gilpdawg
12-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Looks like a win for Indy today, congrats to them. And yes Donald Brown still needs to get the darn ball more, 7.1 yds per carry today!He doesn't play more because he's useless in blitz pickups.

George Anderson
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Your kidding right??

They crave that #1 pick.

redsfanmia
12-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Your kidding right??

They crave that #1 pick.

I don't think they want it, they do not want to be in position to jettison Manning. If they really craved that top pick they would still be playing Painter

George Anderson
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't think they want it, they do not want to be in position to jettison Manning. If they really craved that top pick they would still be playing Painter

The Painter point is a good one but if they are hell bent on keeping Manning they could always trade #1 for picks.

redsfanmia
12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
The Painter point is a good one but if they are hell bent on keeping Manning they could always trade #1 for picks.

Trade the number 1 pick and miss out on the best quarterback prospect since John Elway? The Colts almost have to pick Luck given the chance. I don't think they want to deal with having to choose between the future of the team and honestly the savior of the franchise in Indianapolis, without Manning the Colts would be gone to another city and we would not have Lucas Oil stadium or be hosting the Super Bowl.

George Anderson
12-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Trade the number 1 pick and miss out on the best quarterback prospect since John Elway? The Colts almost have to pick Luck given the chance. I don't think they want to deal with having to choose between the future of the team and honestly the savior of the franchise in Indianapolis, without Manning the Colts would be gone to another city and we would not have Lucas Oil stadium or be hosting the Super Bowl.

If I am in charge, I draft Luck and release Manning, build a nice statue outside Lucas Oil of him and move on. Manning is my all time favorite football player but this is a business and it makes little business sense to pass on a potential star in Andrew Luck who will hopefully be a star for the next 15 years or so as opposed to keeping Manning who has maybe 3 years tops. Irsay and Polian have proved during the unbeaten run in 08' they will do what is best for the franchise as opposed to what the fans want.

redsfanmia
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
If I am in charge, I draft Luck and release Manning, build a nice statue outside Lucas Oil of him and move on. Manning is my all time favorite football player but this is a business and it makes little business sense to pass on a potential star in Andrew Luck who will hopefully be a star for the next 15 years or so as opposed to keeping Manning who has maybe 3 years tops. Irsay and Polian have proved during the unbeaten run in 08' they will do what is best for the franchise as opposed to what the fans want.

I hope you are right and they have the gall to do that, I actually think that Bill Polian has ran his course here and Chris needs to go with him. Bill is great and we as fans owe him gratitude for the job he has done but its time to move on.

Razor Shines
12-18-2011, 09:25 PM
So there is absolutely no chance of keeping them both? Kinda out of the loop down here. I know there have been rumblings that Peyton doesn't want Luck drafted but I still was holding out hope he would stay for a few more years and teach Luck. Maybe take over as a coordinator after he's done.

fearofpopvol1
12-18-2011, 10:04 PM

It probably would be the best thing for the team to do, but there is a 0% chance of that happening. Truth be told, I think they should draft Luck and keep Manning. Let Manning play and let Luck learn from Manning and let Luck take over there after. There's little to no chance the Colts will have the opportunity to take another QB of Luck's ilk anytime soon.

However, this is putting the cart before the horse. Some things still have to go right for the Colts to even be in a position to take Luck.

George Anderson
12-18-2011, 10:18 PM
I am not really a big Bob Kravitz fan but this sums up why Manning and Luck cannot be on the same team.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111202/SPORTS15/312020006/Kravitz-Manning-Luck-tandem-cannot-work-Colts

gilpdawg
12-19-2011, 12:52 AM
I still think that Manning has done so much for this franchise and city that he deserves to go out on his own terms. If that means Luck sits for two years, or they trade the pick so be it. He deserves that, but it's probably not the smartest thing to do, so I'll have to come to terms with it. I will probably literally cry the day Manning is released/traded.

George Anderson
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM
I still think that Manning has done so much for this franchise and city that he deserves to go out on his own terms. If that means Luck sits for two years so be it.

Luck will not come here if he has to sit for 2 years nor should he have to.

I am not to terribly sure Manning wouldn't want to leave Indy anyway. He has maybe 3 years to keep playing and I am sure he wants one more shot to win another ring. This team will likely not be a SB contender anytime soon so why stay?.

gilpdawg
12-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Luck will not come here if he has to sit for 2 years nor should he have to.

I am not to terribly sure Manning wouldn't want to leave Indy anyway. He has maybe 3 years to keep playing and I am sure he wants one more shot to win another ring. This team will likely not be a SB contender anytime soon so why stay?.
I accidentally posted that before I was finished. I edited the post with what I was fully trying to say. You are absolutely right, I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with it.

kaldaniels
12-19-2011, 01:32 AM
So as a Browns fan, I'm intrigued. How do you Indy guys think (not hope) this will play out?

bucksfan2
12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
So there is absolutely no chance of keeping them both? Kinda out of the loop down here. I know there have been rumblings that Peyton doesn't want Luck drafted but I still was holding out hope he would stay for a few more years and teach Luck. Maybe take over as a coordinator after he's done.

Archie Manning has already hit the media circuit talking about it not happening. I think the Colts are actually in a much more tenuous situation than anyone could have expected. Manning will have a huge cap number if the Colts keep him on the team heading into next year. What team would be willing to give up much to assume that hit on their team? And couple that with him being 36 in March and coming off major neck surgery and you have a recipe for disaster.

fearofpopvol1
12-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Archie backed off on the Luck thing for the record and changed his position to say he does think Luck and Manning could coexist. Minnesota decided to not draft a QB when they had Favre because they didn't want to "upset" him. How'd that turn out for them?

If the Colts have the #1 pick and they don't keep Luck, I will be very very disappointed. They have an opportunity to be set at the QB position for another 15 years post Manning. The NFL is a QB league and while I don't expect Luck to be as good as Manning, I expect him to at least be a good QB and passing up on a guy like Luck will set the franchise back quite a ways.

Manning is a veteran professional. I'm sure deep down he wouldn't like the idea of Luck being drafted as his replacement. But to suggest he couldn't "handle it" and that it would "screw up the team" is nothing more than a false narrative.

reds1869
12-19-2011, 11:12 AM
If the Colts pass on Luck they are absolutely insane. If Peyton can't be a big boy and deal with it, oh well.

redsfanmia
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
The Colts want nothing to do with the choice of drafting Luck IMO. I think the best thing that could happen to the Colts franchise would be for Petyon to not heal to the level he needs to and he makes the wise decision to retire and the Colts draft Luck or trade down for extra picks and draft Barkley.

George Anderson
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
So as a Browns fan, I'm intrigued. How do you Indy guys think (not hope) this will play out?

I am thinking and hoping the Colts get the #1 pick and they take Luck. Peyton Manning literally saved this franchise from moving to LA but sports is a business and you have to do what is in the best interest of the franchise so in this case they will need to release him. Like I stated earlier I doubt Manning would be to terribly heart broken having to leave Indy where his chanches of winning a ring in the next 3 years or so is not to good.

If the Colts release Manning you will have the typical fans proclaim they will never follow the team again blah blah blah but trust me, once the Colts start winning again they will be back on board.

George Anderson
12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
It would take a Bobby Thompson type comeback for the Colts to lose the #1 pick.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111219/SPORTS/111219023/Indianapolis-Colts-still-inside-track-top-pick-2012-draft?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s

cinredsfan2000
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Anybody think this is to far out there ?:confused: What if Indy secures the #1 pick and instead of drafting Andrew Luck they trade out of the #1 .pick and draft say Robert griffin or Matt barkley? That is if either or both were to come out? My thinking being that you could possibly pick up another 1st rounder and draft another postion of need ? Or trade Manning for picks sort of like the Herschel Walker trade.

IslandRed
12-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Anybody think this is to far out there ?:confused: What if Indy secures the #1 pick and instead of drafting Andrew Luck they trade out of the #1 .pick and draft say Robert griffin or Matt barkley? That is if either or both were to come out? My thinking being that you could possibly pick up another 1st rounder and draft another postion of need ? Or trade Manning for picks sort of like the Herschel Walker trade.

From someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight, that seems like an in-between strategy -- not getting THE quarterback* who might keep you on top for a long time like Manning did, but trading down just a few spots (ensuring you could still get Barkley or Griffin) won't yield the absolute king's ransom needed to rebuild and win in time for Manning to lead it. It's a recipe for sniffing the playoffs a couple more times then floundering for awhile.

* Presuming they haven't studied film out the wazoo and come to the conclusion Luck isn't all that.

Understandably, it's complicated because of how inextricably Manning is enterwined with "Indianapolis Colts," but from a pure football perspective, they're best served going all one way or the other -- sell the Luck pick to the highest bidder (whether or not it leaves them in position to draft another top QB), open the checkbook, and do everything they can to win while Manning is still around; or give Peyton a parade and a fond adieu, then draft Luck and play him.

cinredsfan2000
12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Im a little worried What with the the rams and vikings and browns all right there in the 3 or so win category. That the colts might have the same results the did back in 85 or 86 ? During that season i remember having the inside track to the 1# pick and being psyched that we were going to draft the heisman trophy winner Vinny Testaverde. Being a colts fan and a hurricanes fan i couldnt belive what i thought was a for gone conclussion .;) Much to my dismay at the time Gary hogaboom comes in and wins those last few games and No Vinny for the colts. So im a little nervous

redsfanmia
12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Im a little worried What with the the rams and vikings and browns all right there in the 3 or so win category. That the colts might have the same results the did back in 85 or 86 ? During that season i remember having the inside track to the 1# pick and being psyched that we were going to draft the heisman trophy winner Vinny Testaverde. Being a colts fan and a hurricanes fan i couldnt belive what i thought was a for gone conclussion .;) Much to my dismay at the time Gary hogaboom comes in and wins those last few games and No Vinny for the colts. So im a little nervous

And that worked out, Testaverde was average at best

gilpdawg
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
That wouldn't be a terrible idea. Roster has a lot of holes, and no depth.

fearofpopvol1
12-20-2011, 01:25 AM

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111219/SPORTS/111219023/Indianapolis-Colts-still-inside-track-top-pick-2012-draft?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s

I'm not sure about that. I think it's very possible the Colts could win 1 of the last 2 games. It's also very likely the Rams don't win again. I do think for some reason that Minnesota will win 1 of their 2 games though.

George Anderson
12-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure about that. I think it's very possible the Colts could win 1 of the last 2 games. It's also very likely the Rams don't win again. I do think for some reason that Minnesota will win 1 of their 2 games though.

But if it ends up being a three way tie, the Colts have played the worst schedule so they get the pick.

fearofpopvol1
12-20-2011, 05:35 PM
But if it ends up being a three way tie, the Colts have played the worst schedule so they get the pick.

I understand that, but the Colts could win their last 2 games and the Rams may win none. Same for Minnesota.

Eric_the_Red
12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I am thinking and hoping the Colts get the #1 pick and they take Luck. Peyton Manning literally saved this franchise from moving to LA but sports is a business and you have to do what is in the best interest of the franchise so in this case they will need to release him. Like I stated earlier I doubt Manning would be to terribly heart broken having to leave Indy where his chanches of winning a ring in the next 3 years or so is not to good.

If the Colts release Manning you will have the typical fans proclaim they will never follow the team again blah blah blah but trust me, once the Colts start winning again they will be back on board.

x2

Eric_the_Red
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Polian said he doesn't envision a scenario where the Colts trade down. He was also recently non-committal about Manning's return to Indy next year.

In other news, Luck looks to be represented by the same agency representing Peyton.

George Anderson
12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Polian said he doesn't envision a scenario where the Colts trade down. He was also recently non-committal about Manning's return to Indy next year.

In other news, Luck looks to be represented by the same agency representing Peyton.

When I heard Polian was flying all the way out to Stanford to watch Luck around Week 4 I had a gut feeling he had a plan that Manning wasn't coming back and they were going to have a shot at Luck.

Eric_the_Red
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
When I heard Polian was flying all the way out to Stanford to watch Luck around Week 4 I had a gut feeling he had a plan that Manning wasn't coming back and they were going to have a shot at Luck.

Which also fuels the speculation of a Polian/Peyton rift. Would (will?) be interesting to see whose side Irsay takes in that battle.

George Anderson
12-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Which also fuels the speculation of a Polian/Peyton rift. Would (will?) be interesting to see whose side Irsay takes in that battle.

I think early on Polian knew Manning wouldn't be back this year and thus would have a real good shot at the #1 pick. Why else would you fly all the way to California to see a player like Luck that early on in the season?

Eric_the_Red
12-20-2011, 10:14 PM
I think early on Polian knew Manning wouldn't be back this year and thus would have a real good shot at the #1 pick. Why else would you fly all the way to California to see a player like Luck that early on in the season?

Yes, but perhaps that "lack of faith" rubbed Peyton the wrong way? Or maybe Peyton is just tired of nepotism ruining the organization he helped grow?

George Anderson
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, but perhaps that "lack of faith" rubbed Peyton the wrong way? Or maybe Peyton is just tired of nepotism ruining the organization he helped grow?

You might be right but I am not reading into all this that deeply. As bad as things have been this year I truly hope Polian stays because until recently I considered him a brilliant GM and certainly a candidate for Canton. However if the real problem in the organization from what I am told is his son Chris and Chris is let go then no way Bill stays. Other than that I don't see Irsay firing Bill Polian.

Likely this off season Manning will be let go and it will be a very sad day but if are truly a fan of Manning the player then you will be happy for him because he will no doubt pick a franchise that has a real shot at a SB.

texasdave
12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Colts 19 Texans 16.

George Anderson
12-23-2011, 12:15 AM
i wanna puke.

Chip R
12-23-2011, 11:13 AM

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111219/SPORTS/111219023/Indianapolis-Colts-still-inside-track-top-pick-2012-draft?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s (http://www.indystar.com/article/20111219/SPORTS/111219023/Indianapolis-Colts-still-inside-track-top-pick-2012-draft?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s)

I think the Giants just won the pennant.

Eric_the_Red
12-23-2011, 11:20 AM
The Colts still control their destiny, so to speak. A loss next week against Jacksonville should still net them the #1 overall pick.

I'm looking at this as two scenarios:
Scenario 1 - the Colts lose next week, draft Luck and then decide what to do with Manning. They are set at QB for another (hopefully) 10+ years.

Scenario 2 - the Colts get the #2 or 3 overall pick. I'd like to see them trade down for multiple picks, and they build a solid core of young talent. Mathis and Wayne are re-signed, and they go for another Super Bowl run.

Regardless of which scenario happens, I am done with coach Caldwell and the Polians. Bill Polian seems to have lost his touch, his son Chris is apparently destroying the morale in the organization and Caldwell may be the worst head coach in the league.

Should be interesting to see how things turn out over the next week and upcoming months.

Ohayou
12-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Just lose, baby!

George Anderson
12-23-2011, 03:50 PM
I think the Giants just won the pennant.

Ralph Branca is warming up anyway.

George Anderson
12-23-2011, 03:55 PM
The Colts still control their destiny, so to speak. A loss next week against Jacksonville should still net them the #1 overall pick.

I'm looking at this as two scenarios:
Scenario 1 - the Colts lose next week, draft Luck and then decide what to do with Manning. They are set at QB for another (hopefully) 10+ years.

Scenario 2 - the Colts get the #2 or 3 overall pick. I'd like to see them trade down for multiple picks, and they build a solid core of young talent. Mathis and Wayne are re-signed, and they go for another Super Bowl run.

Regardless of which scenario happens, I am done with coach Caldwell and the Polians. Bill Polian seems to have lost his touch, his son Chris is apparently destroying the morale in the organization and Caldwell may be the worst head coach in the league.

Should be interesting to see how things turn out over the next week and upcoming months.

I am a very mellow guy even in regards to sports but last night just drove me nuts. To see Colts fans getting giddy over winning a game that gives the Colts 2 wins as opposed to 1 win even though it may cost us a franchise QB was just maddening.

My gut tells me Polian and Irsay are going to somehow find a way to tank the Jacksonville game. Polian isn't stupid and while I am not to sure about Irsay being overly bright, they both know a shot at a franchise QB is something you can't ignore.

redsfanmia
12-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I am a very mellow guy even in regards to sports but last night just drove me nuts. To see Colts fans getting giddy over winning a game that gives the Colts 2 wins as opposed to 1 win even though it may cost us a franchise QB was just maddening.

My gut tells me Polian and Irsay are going to somehow find a way to tank the Jacksonville game. Polian isn't stupid and while I am not to sure about Irsay being overly bright, they both know a shot at a franchise QB is something you can't ignore.

Polian and Irsay do not want any thing to do with that top pick, they do not want to have to decide on Manning. I hope that Irsay cleans house and gets rid of Chris Polian and Caldwell, I would tell Bill I want him to stay but Jr has to go and let him walk as well and start over.

texasdave
12-23-2011, 04:30 PM
If the Colts were playing either the Vikings or the Rams I would put the over/under on turnovers in that game at about 17. LOL.

blumj
12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
You think the Jags don't have a reason of their own to want to lose?

redsfanmia
12-23-2011, 04:41 PM
You think the Jags don't have a reason of their own to want to lose?

That is what I am afraid of, if they win and the Colts get the top pick then they have to deal with facing Luck twice a year for the next 10+ years.

George Anderson
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Polian and Irsay do not want any thing to do with that top pick, they do not want to have to decide on Manning. .

I am never to overly confident on much but I am 100% sure your wrong. Irsay is a business owner, he knows in 3 years Manning will likely be done. His business will not be making nearly as much money three years from now if the Colts have to start over without a franchise QB. With Luck, the Colts may take their lumps the next year or two but for the long haul of ten years or so the Colts should be a top notch NFL contendor and Irsay will rake in the profits. Yea the fans will cry if Manning is sent packing, I am sure many will turn in their season tickets in disgust but at the end of the day when the Colts are back on top with Luck, the fans will be back. Polian while he does have a bad record recently is a HOF GM. He knows building around a franchise QB like Luck will get you to the SB quicker than sitting around waiting for a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries to retire so you can start over.

I mean can anyone see Bill Polian, Jim Irsay and the rest of the Colts brass sitting around a table all talking about how scared to death they are of ending up with the #1 pick?? I can't see them all cheering a #2 or #3 pick as opposed to a #1 pick so they don't have to make a tough decision the fans don't like. These are football men and business men, what the fans think is of little importance to them.

Eric_the_Red
12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Since the Colts Super Bowl win, what has Bill Polian done that proves he can build a winner around a great QB?

George Anderson
12-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Since the Colts Super Bowl win, what has Bill Polian done that proves he can build a winner around a great QB?

Not much. But show me another GM on the market that has a better track than Polian. I have no desire to have him with the Colts for life, but who is better?

redsfanmia
12-23-2011, 06:46 PM

Chris Polian has taken a bigger role in the Colts draft the last few years, while Bill has dialed it back a bit. All reports say that the draft busts have been Jr's decisions not Daddy's.

redsfanmia
12-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I am never to overly confident on much but I am 100% sure your wrong. Irsay is a business owner, he knows in 3 years Manning will likely be done. His business will not be making nearly as much money three years from now if the Colts have to start over without a franchise QB. With Luck, the Colts may take their lumps the next year or two but for the long haul of ten years or so the Colts should be a top notch NFL contendor and Irsay will rake in the profits. Yea the fans will cry if Manning is sent packing, I am sure many will turn in their season tickets in disgust but at the end of the day when the Colts are back on top with Luck, the fans will be back. Polian while he does have a bad record recently is a HOF GM. He knows building around a franchise QB like Luck will get you to the SB quicker than sitting around waiting for a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries to retire so you can start over.

I mean can anyone see Bill Polian, Jim Irsay and the rest of the Colts brass sitting around a table all talking about how scared to death they are of ending up with the #1 pick?? I can't see them all cheering a #2 or #3 pick as opposed to a #1 pick so they don't have to make a tough decision the fans don't like. These are football men and business men, what the fans think is of little importance to them.

Again I hope you are right, I just think that Irsay does not want to be the man that cuts the man who saved the franchise and brought him a Super Bowl. I think they want the top pick but do not want to have to decide on Manning.

redsfanmia
12-24-2011, 08:03 PM
My niece's neighbor works for the Colts and she said that he said expect a house cleaning January 2.

cinredsfan2000
12-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Im getting flashbacks of the 86 season all over again:eek::help::eek::bang:

GaryHogeboom and the Colts shocked the NFL by winning the last three games of their season to finish up at 3-13. Most had expected them to have the worst record in the NFL which would have positioned them to draft University of Miami star Vinny Testaverde with the first pick in the 1987 NFL Draft. With those wins, they improved their record over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who ended up with Testaverde. Just substitute Hogeboom for Dan orlovsky and fast forward aprox.25 years:eek:

Revering4Blue
12-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Im getting flashbacks of the 86 season all over again:eek::help::eek::bang:

GaryHogeboom and the Colts shocked the NFL by winning the last three games of their season to finish up at 3-13. Most had expected them to have the worst record in the NFL which would have positioned them to draft University of Miami star Vinny Testaverde with the first pick in the 1987 NFL Draft. With those wins, they improved their record over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who ended up with Testaverde. Just substitute Hogeboom for Dan orlovsky and fast forward aprox.25 years:eek:

Cornelius Bennett wasn't exactly chopped liver. As redsfanmia pointed out, Testaverde was a mediocre NFL QB.

A lot of busts in the first round of the '87 draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_NFL_Draft

As of right now, The Vikings will not be picking 1st. It's either the Rams or Colts picking 1st. Rams will not take Luck. The question is, should the Rams pick ist.. will the Colts have to majorly outbid other teams for the top pick just to move up one spot? Most likely not, especially if the rumors of the Rams interested in WR Justin Blackmon are as true as the "experts" suggest they are.

cinredsfan2000
12-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Cornelius Bennett wasn't exactly chopped liver. As redsfanmia pointed out, Testaverde was a mediocre NFL QB.

A lot of busts in the first round of the '87 draft.

Oh i know vinny was mediocre at best. I was just pointing out how it seems like history repeating itself with the colts playing themselves out of the top pick .

fearofpopvol1
12-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Well, Indy winning this week and Minnesota winning this week was interesting. So Minnesota is out of the Luck sweepstakes. I really don't see St. Louis winning their last game either. So, really, it comes down to Indy in Jax. I think that's going to be a tough game for them.

blumj
12-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm confused, you think it will be a tough game for Indy to win or a tough game for them to lose?

fearofpopvol1
12-31-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm confused, you think it will be a tough game for Indy to win or a tough game for them to lose?

To win. I think Indy has the edge for Luck as of right now.

redsfanmia
12-31-2011, 03:05 PM
To win. I think Indy has the edge for Luck as of right now.

If Jacksonville loses they can move to the 4th pick and it knocks the Colts who they play twice a year out of the Luck sweepstakes, I think Jacksonville wants to lose this game almost more than the Colts do.

Revering4Blue
12-31-2011, 03:19 PM
If Jacksonville loses they can move to the 4th pick and it knocks the Colts who they play twice a year out of the Luck sweepstakes, I think Jacksonville wants to lose this game almost more than the Colts do.

The one saving grace for the Colts is that Maurice Jones-Drew is still the leader in the race to win the NFL rushing title. He shouldn't have much trouble against the 29th ranked Colts run defense. He's not going to roll over for anyone.

IslandRed
12-31-2011, 04:25 PM

Well, the issue with that is the same as with the Colts: Of all the people who might want the team to lose, the players and coaches on the field aren't among them. Losing games has a way of inspiring doubt about future employment in the football industry.

Eric_the_Red
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
So begins one of the most interesting offseasons for any team that I can think of.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/233843/luckcolts.jpg

cinredsfan2000
01-01-2012, 08:43 PM
So begins one of the most interesting offseasons for any team that I can think of.

In the words of Lee Corso "Not so fast my friend " you might have to photo shop Robert Griffin ;) in a colts uni

George Anderson
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Nah, the writing is pretty much on the wall. Thank you Peyton for everything but it is time for Luck!!

KoryMac5
01-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Luck grades out better than RG III. I think Polian will listen to offers for the pick, he will have to be blown away though to not select Luck. Trading down would be the best move if he can get multiple picks and players as it would solidify the Colts as contenders for a few more seasons.

George Anderson
01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Luck grades out better than RG III. I think Polian will listen to offers for the pick, he will have to be blown away though to not select Luck. Trading down would be the best move if he can get multiple picks and players as it would solidify the Colts as contenders for a few more seasons.

If Manning was say 3-4 years younger then no question Polian would look hard at trading for multiple picks. However Manning is going on 36 with 3 neck surgeries under his belt. The answer is pretty obvious.

redsfanmia
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Getting a possibly great quarterback solidifies the Colts as contenders for the next 10 season with a few bad one in at first. The Colts will pick Luck and its quite possible that the Polians are not the ones who make the pick. Things this year have leaked that have never leaked before and I think Bill's act and Chris's ineptness at his job will probably cost both of them their jobs.

cinredsfan2000
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
It's to bad Andy Reid will in all likelyhood be back in philly. He would have been a great fit to coach up Luck or RGIII. He Made Mcnabb a pro bowler in Philly .:thumbup: Jeff fischer wouldnt be a bad choice either . Just please get rid of caldwell.

Roy Tucker
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, this is like how the Joe Montana to Steve Young transition was for the 49'ers.

RG III would give me pause to think, but then I'd go ahead and draft Luck. I'm not sure QBs like Griffin can consistently win in the NFL. Newton might prove me wrong, but a strong accurate arm, high football IQ, and ability to make 5 GHz decisions trumps great wheels.

IslandRed
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Chris Mortensen on Twitter: "Filed to ESPN: Irsay cleans house, including Bill and Chris Polian, per league source"

Revering4Blue
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Getting a possibly great quarterback solidifies the Colts as contenders for the next 10 season with a few bad one in at first. The Colts will pick Luck and its quite possible that the Polians are not the ones who make the pick. Things this year have leaked that have never leaked before and I think Bill's act and Chris's ineptness at his job will probably cost both of them their jobs.

Good call.

Source: Polians out with Colts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7414912/polians-relieved-duties-indianapolis-colts-source-says

George Anderson
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I am not to suprised. My gut told me Irsay was going to demand Chris Polian take a lesser role and daddy Bill was not going to accept that. It's sad because Bill is a HOF GM but we will see.

Jeff Fisher rumors are running rampant now.

Eric_the_Red
01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm glad both Polians are gone, as I think the Colts success over that last decade+ is more a result of Manning than the Polians.

I do want Caldwell gone, but feel bad for him somewhat. I think he is a "dead man walking" and the new GM will want his own coach. (Or possibly the new coach will be a personnel man too.) Hard for me to envision Caldwell returning, but making him do the press conference today is rough.

Obviously Fisher's name is up there, but I hear he is also interested in St Louis, Tampa Bay and San Diego, assuming Norv Turner goes. Turner is another interesting name to speculate about, as are Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, and Jay Gruden.

MWM
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
I wonder how much of this might be because of a disagreement on what to do with that first pick.

George Anderson
01-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I wonder how much of this might be because of a disagreement on what to do with that first pick.

No, I think the first pick is a no brainer.

I think both Polians wore out their welcome.

WMR
01-02-2012, 11:23 PM
How freaking LUCKY can you get? wow...

fearofpopvol1
01-03-2012, 03:15 AM

It's a pretty interesting question. I just read an article on ESPN where Peyton said he was shocked about the firings and said he was unbelievably close with Bill. I'd like to think Bill wouldn't put his relationship with Peyton over the best interests of the team, but you never know.

If the Colts don't take Luck and he goes on to be stud, the seats will be empty once Peyton retires, you can count on that. I'm sure Irsay knows that. I really want the Colts to keep Luck, more than anything. But if they can get a Herschel Walker type of deal out of trading Luck and still land another good QB, I might be okay with that. That's the only way I'd trade Luck though.

redsfanmia
01-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Its better to be 2-14 than 7-9 IMO and the Colts got lucky in that the year everything imploded is the year a stud QB is available.

George Anderson
01-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Its better to be 2-14 than 7-9 IMO and the Colts got lucky in that the year everything imploded is the year a stud QB is available.

God is definitely a Colts fan.

Revering4Blue
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Could Irsay have canned both of the Polians because he feels the next coach will be a "big name" who would want a major say, if not total control of personnel?

I'd say yes, except for the fact that Elmer Fudd, er, Jim Caldwell is, as of now, still Colts head coach.

Sea Ray
01-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Could Irsay have canned both of the Polians because he feels the next coach will be a "big name" who would want a major say, if not total control of personnel?

I'd say yes, except for the fact that Elmer Fudd, er, Jim Caldwell is, as of now, still Colts head coach.

I'd say that Caldwell still being the coach does mean that it's expected that the new GM will have total control. Keeping Caldwell gives the new GM the power to fire him

redsfanmia
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Caldwell by all accounts is a good, kind, decent man who was mainly a puppet of Polian. You can't really say that he is a bad coach because he has basically had no power, that said I hope he gets canned too.

Revering4Blue
01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Caldwell by all accounts is a good, kind, decent man who was mainly a puppet of Polian. You can't really say that he is a bad coach because he has basically had no power, that said I hope he gets canned too.

I agree. The Elmer Fudd moniker refers to the way Caldwell wears his cap, or at least that's how some Colts Fans have explained it to me.

BTW, per ESPN insider, Bill Polian and OC Clyde Christenson are both rumored to be heading to Chicago.

The plot thickens.

fearofpopvol1
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I think that Irsay liked Bill Polian and didn't know how long he would stick around, but wasn't high on his son and that it was a package deal and that he had to get rid of both to get rid of the younger Polian.

And I'm fine with that. I love Bill Polian, but he is close to retirement and I don't like his son as the future of the Colts.

CTA513
01-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I know its going to suck for you guys if Manning either can't play anymore or is replaced, but I like Lucks chances of being a good QB for you guys if thats who you end up drafting.

Id love to see what he could do with a team that actually has some speed at WR compared to the possession type WRs hes had at Stanford.

Eric_the_Red
01-04-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm curious what the Colts will do regarding their free agents, namely Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis. It's hard to imagine this team without them, but I could say the same for Manning.

If Manning is healthy and he stays, can the Colts afford to keep Wayne and/or Mathis? If Manning isn't healthy, wouldn't it make more sense to let one or both walk and use that extra cap space to get younger and more depth, building for the future?

Personally, I'd love to see Manning healthy enough to return, and the Colts to draft Luck. Manning sticks around for a year or two to mentor Luck, and then transitions to the coaching staff, possibly as QB coach. I imagine you would have to let one or both of Wayne/Mathis walk, and I guess I'd prefer Mathis leave. Without Wayne, there is no consistent threat at WR. Use the rest of the draft to address the many other needs of this team (DL, DB, RB).

I think this would allow for some continuity as the Colts rebuild while still fielding a playoff worthy team. With the right draft picks, the Colts could even remain serious contenders during the transition. Which is why the GM pick has to be a homerun.

bucksfan2
01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm curious what the Colts will do regarding their free agents, namely Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis. It's hard to imagine this team without them, but I could say the same for Manning.

If Manning is healthy and he stays, can the Colts afford to keep Wayne and/or Mathis? If Manning isn't healthy, wouldn't it make more sense to let one or both walk and use that extra cap space to get younger and more depth, building for the future?

Personally, I'd love to see Manning healthy enough to return, and the Colts to draft Luck. Manning sticks around for a year or two to mentor Luck, and then transitions to the coaching staff, possibly as QB coach. I imagine you would have to let one or both of Wayne/Mathis walk, and I guess I'd prefer Mathis leave. Without Wayne, there is no consistent threat at WR. Use the rest of the draft to address the many other needs of this team (DL, DB, RB).

I think this would allow for some continuity as the Colts rebuild while still fielding a playoff worthy team. With the right draft picks, the Colts could even remain serious contenders during the transition. Which is why the GM pick has to be a homerun.

I think the Manning camp has been distancing themselves from the Colts over the past few months. If it hasn't been Peyton it has been Archie talking about the current start of the Colts. I get the feeling that Peyton wants out of there and is going about it in the usual Manning manner.

Even if Peyton is back I don't think theyare a playoff team. I think the Texans are the class of the division and its not even close. If you were to give me a choice of Schaub or Manning right now heading forward it would be Schaub and it wouldn't be close. So I guess the big question is are the Colts with Manning, who are trending in the wrong direction, better than the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Broncos, Pats, and Jets? Are they better than the likes of the Titans, Raiders, or Dolphins?

If I were the GM I would let Wayne and Mathins walk, take the comp picks in 2013's draft. Draft Luck and do your best to trade Manning. I think its time to build a team from the gound up. They had a great run with Manning as QB but that may have come to an end.

fearofpopvol1
01-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I think the Colts will keep Mathis but will probably let Wayne walk. The Colts need all of the defensive help they can get. I like Wayne a lot and the last few weeks of the season he made some incredible catches, but I just think he would command too much money and he's already 33 years old and will turn 34 in the middle of next season. I would keep him though if he took a cheap contract.

redsfanmia
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I think the Manning camp has been distancing themselves from the Colts over the past few months. If it hasn't been Peyton it has been Archie talking about the current start of the Colts. I get the feeling that Peyton wants out of there and is going about it in the usual Manning manner.

Even if Peyton is back I don't think theyare a playoff team. I think the Texans are the class of the division and its not even close. If you were to give me a choice of Schaub or Manning right now heading forward it would be Schaub and it wouldn't be close. So I guess the big question is are the Colts with Manning, who are trending in the wrong direction, better than the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Broncos, Pats, and Jets? Are they better than the likes of the Titans, Raiders, or Dolphins?

If I were the GM I would let Wayne and Mathins walk, take the comp picks in 2013's draft. Draft Luck and do your best to trade Manning. I think its time to build a team from the gound up. They had a great run with Manning as QB but that may have come to an end.

Did Manning run over your dog or refuse you an autograph? You seem to take a shot at him at every given chance. A healthy Manning or Matt Shaub? Really? Not even that close? ummmm ok.

Eric_the_Red
01-04-2012, 08:28 PM
The Colts fired their special teams coach. That should fix it.