PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lee would look good sporting a Wishbone C.

texasdave
09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
In his last six starts Cliff Lee has an ERA of 0.37. In 48.2 innings he has given up just 28 hits. He has walked 8 and struck out 45. He has given up just two runs, on a two-run jack. So, basically, he is one pitch away from being on a 48.2 IP shutout streak.

And Walt tried to make him a Red. Kudos to Walt for targeting the right player at least.

mroby85
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
In his last six starts Cliff Lee has an ERA of 0.37. In 48.2 innings he has given up just 28 hits. He has walked 8 and struck out 45. He has given up just two runs, on a two-run jack. So, basically, he is one pitch away from being on a 48.2 IP shutout streak.

And Walt tried to make him a Red. Kudos to Walt for targeting the right player at least.

I will give him kudos when he lands one of them, its easy to talk lol.

bigredmechanism
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM

When Lee is on, which seems to happen in 2 or 3 month-long stretches over a season, he is the best pitcher in the majors.

texasdave
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Kinda makes you wonder who Walt wouldn't throw in to sweeten the deal. Not that it matters at this point. Maybe there was no one else left that would tip the deal in the Reds' favor.

Redsnake
09-06-2011, 08:10 PM
"Cliff Lee would look good sporting a Wishbone C. "

Megan Fox would look good on my wife's side of the bed, but that's not going to happen.

t5BigRedMachine
09-06-2011, 09:02 PM
lee pitching for the reds is a nice dream !! :eek:

partisan
09-07-2011, 03:12 AM
"Cliff Lee would look good sporting a Wishbone C. "

Megan Fox would look good on my wife's side of the bed, but that's not going to happen.

With any luck, your wife thinks the same about your side of the bed.

markymark69
09-08-2011, 08:38 PM
The speculation was the Reds wouldn't part with the great Travis Wood - and many on this board were ready to go ape if he had gone the other way in the trade after a whopping three starts in the major leagues. He is now our seventh or eighth best starter and that might be kind.

I don't know if its true or not - and I don't know what Seattle asked for, but if Wood was the hold up then Walt missed on that one IMO.