PDA

View Full Version : Which young gun will have the biggest impact

brm7675
09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Of the Reds young guns listed, whom do you see as having the biggest impact on this franchise over say the next 5-7 years?

drowg14
09-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I voted Devon, but on second thought, Yonder could if he brings us a big haul in the trade market.

jfleur87
09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I have to think Yonder is a mainstay. It would be terrible to end up with neither him or Votto. But I vote Mes as having the biggest impact. No reason to think we wouldn't be set at the catcher position until the 2018 season. Fun to think about.

texasdave
09-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Yonder is a goner IMO. They keep saying you have to find a spot for that bat, but where? I would be surprised if he worked out either at third or in left. In any case, I don't think Yonder will mash enough to make up the difference in value between a strong defensive catcher and a bumbling left fielder.

texasdave
09-07-2011, 01:38 PM
All I know about Chapman is that his contract says 2015 is a player option. I don't know if that means he can leave after 2014 or not. If he can then I think it is adios, Cincinnati. If he accepts that option I would say he is probably not pitching that well. I hope I am wrong but that is looking like a lose/lose situation for the Reds. Chapman's contract is unique and maybe the Reds can keep him longer. Who knows? Not I.

The DARK
09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
There are cases for all of them. Chapman has the highest upside and would be a massive upgrade in the rotation if he lives up to his potential. Alonso has performed the most in his short time. Cozart looks to be the biggest clear upgrade over what we have in Janish and Renteria. Mesoraco is likely to be a future all-star at a premium position, so I voted for him, but all four give us a lot of hope.

The DARK
09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I have to think Yonder is a mainstay. It would be terrible to end up with neither him or Votto.

With Neftali Soto racking up 31 homers on the season between AA and AAA, I wouldn't be overly concerned. :thumbup:

FireDusty
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't have any faith that any of them will receive the opportunity, accept Cozart.