PDA

View Full Version : If you could fill 2 needs by trade this offseason, what would they be?

Vottomatic
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Mine would be:

1. Middle of the order right handed power/average bat.

2. A #1 or #2 type starter.

I think they'd have to trade Stubbs, Alonso, and one or two of the young pitchers to get this done. Maybe even Grandal. And Stubbs, Alonso, and Grandal are all former #1 picks, so that should count for something.

My triple A prospects/major league young player untouchables are Mez and Francisco. I think Juan is ready to take flight and Rolen has one year left on his contract.

The problem is going to be getting Dusty to platoon Francisco/Rolen at 3B.

texasdave
09-14-2011, 10:55 AM
My triple A prospects/major league young player untouchables are Mez and Francisco. I think Juan is ready to take flight and Rolen has one year left on his contract.
The problem is going to be getting Dusty to platoon Francisco/Rolen at 3B.

I was listening to Fay on the radio in the second inning and I swear he said that Rolen indicated he was feeling so good after that surgery that he is thinking about playing FIVE MORE YEARS. He said he has more range of motion than he has in years :eek:
Maybe I heard wrong. But I don't think I did.

A first-half 2010 Rolen would be huge. Righthanded power/average bat with great defense as a bonus. I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

texasdave
09-14-2011, 11:05 AM
To answer the question though, the best two starting pitchers I could get ahold of -
Greinke and Marcum style.

To paraphrase an old golfing axiom - Hit for show, pitch for dough.

brm7675
09-14-2011, 12:00 PM
I call the Dodgers and ask them what would it take to get Kemp. I would tell them everyone on the Reds Roster/organization is available except Cueto/Leake/Votto/Devin and go from there for a deal.

The DARK
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
I call the Dodgers and ask them what would it take to get Kemp. I would tell them everyone on the Reds Roster/organization is available except Cueto/Leake/Votto/Devin and go from there for a deal.

He's not worth that much. Technically, his contract expires after this year, he's up for arbitration before free agency in 2013. After this year, he's likely to get a lot more expensive, and the Dodgers don't figure to be major contenders next year either. I bet they'd take Alonso straight-up for him.

Vottomatic
09-14-2011, 12:53 PM

I make that offer for Stanton of the Marlins. I'd be willing to part with Mez if we could get Stanton. Cueto, Leake, Votto would be my untouchables. Alot of people would cry giving up Bruce though. Ideally, Stubbs, Alonso, Bailey or Volquez and possibly a lower prospect or two for Stanton would fit the bill. Stubbs, Alonso and Bailey are former #1 picks.

Vottomatic
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
He's not worth that much. Technically, his contract expires after this year, he's up for arbitration before free agency in 2013. After this year, he's likely to get a lot more expensive, and the Dodgers don't figure to be major contenders next year either. I bet they'd take Alonso straight-up for him.

I believe Kemp is arbitration eligible after this season.

The DARK
09-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I believe Kemp is arbitration eligible after this season.

That's what I meant, my bad.

BluegrassRedleg
09-14-2011, 01:27 PM

Same. But the no-touch list only features Votto & Mesoraco.