PDA

View Full Version : Cueto pulled from game.

texasdave
09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Johnny Cueto just got pulled from the game with a gimpy shoulder. No word on the seriousness at this time, of course.

Krawhitham
09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Cueto left with strained right lat.

Vottomatic
09-14-2011, 10:16 PM
They say he may have to have TJ surgery on his shoulder and be out a year and a half.

Just kidding. :D

texasdave
09-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Interesting article on pulled lat muscles and pitchers. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...don&id=6741647 Looks as if Cueto could well be out for the rest of the season. Generally, not a long-term injury.

CWRed
09-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Good thing they left him in after he initially felt discomfort. Ya know because this game really mattered. But he's got to get his numbers. Dusty and staff are beyond dumb. If I was Walt I would be slamming Dusty's head into his box of toothpicks.

Walt: "Dusty, you're fired."
Dusty: "Why, dude? The team is coming along big time. We're coming"
Walt: "Because you are stupid. Very, very stupid."
Dusty: "I've heard that before Walt. But I was just about to start dealing. Big time."

Stray
09-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I think the first time Cueto convinced Brian Price he could stay in. After one more pitch Dusty was out to pull him.

nux fan
09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
but what about his numbers, after all he was huge and dealing big time tonite

texasdave
09-15-2011, 12:24 AM
I think the first time Cueto convinced Brian Price he could stay in. After one more pitch Dusty was out to pull him.

Just going by what Marty and Jim said on the radio. But they reported Cueto was grimacing on his practices tosses and Price didn't look all that convinced he was okay. Luckily, they didn't leave him in but for one more batter, right? I guess you have to give the player the benefit of the doubt.

Stray
09-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Just going by what Marty and Jim said on the radio. But they reported Cueto was grimacing on his practices tosses and Price didn't look all that convinced he was okay. Luckily, they didn't leave him in but for one more batter, right? I guess you have to give the player the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah he didn't look right in those practice tosses. He was probably saying he could go, but a pitching coach and manager need to read it better than that. I'm just glad Dusty pulled him after that one pitch and hope it isn't anything too serious.

texasdave
09-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah one extra pitch might have been a touch, a touch too much. Always willing to try work in an AC/DC reference.

brm7675
09-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Smart move is just to tell Johnny C., thanks for a wonderful season but you are done..

Vottomatic
09-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Good opportunity to see what Carlos Fisher can bring as a starter filling in for Cueto. :laugh:

texasdave
09-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Heaven forbid Travis Wood gets a start or two. That being said an ERA title is pretty sweet.

Vottomatic
09-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Smart move is just to tell Johnny C., thanks for a wonderful season but you are done..

If Bob Hope were alive, we coulda had him come out of the dugout, when they pulled Cueto, singing "Thanks for the Memories". :D

texasdave
09-15-2011, 01:47 PM

ZZ Top - You didn't have to come out when you did. But you did. But you did. And I thank you. :beerme:

Jr's Boy
09-15-2011, 04:25 PM
but what about his numbers, after all he was huge and dealing big time tonite

Yes,Johnny was really dealin tonight.Was big time.

brm7675
09-15-2011, 06:47 PM
they are reporting he will miss his next start but could pitch his final start....

WHY?

texasdave
09-15-2011, 06:49 PM
they are reporting he will miss his next start but could pitch his final start....

WHY?

Dusty "Numbers Man" Baker.

brm7675
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Dusty "Numbers Man" Baker.

Maybe, but I will give dusty credit he has done a good job of handling the pitching staff overall this year and last night showed me something by pulling Johnny C last night.

texasdave
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
If the Reds want Cueto to win the ERA title just don't go on that last road trip. The team will have played 156 games. Cueto pitched 156 innings. One inning for each game the team played. Presto. I doubt if many of the players would mind skipping that last roadie.