PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Schedule Release... (Great potential road trip!)

mroby85
09-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Just wondered if anyone else has plotted out any road trips for 2012 since the new schedule was released yesterday? My favorite part of the schedule is that the Reds play the Mets at Citi Field right before going to Yankee Stadium! Works out great for a road trip to New York!

My friend and I are actually working on an east coast road trip next year during that may stretch that would start at Fenway May 15, Citi Field (reds) on the 17th, Yankee Stadium (reds) on the 18th. Red Sox @ Phillies on the 19th, Washington DC to see the Nats on the 20th, and PNC Park on the way back on the 21st! We've also talked about hitting up Camden Yards if there is a day game/night game scenario when we're in Philadelphia or Washington since times haven't been announced yet.

Cant Touch This
09-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Not a fan.

Another unbalanced schedule that screws Cincinnati. Prime example:

St. Louis plays Kansas City six times.
Milwaukee plays Kansas City three times.
Reds don't face KC at all. Rather, they face the Yankees for a three-game set in New York. Neither Milwaukee nor St. Louis has to play the Yankees, let alone in NYC.

For me, the novelty of interleague play wore off after the first year for two reasons. 1) It's just another example of MLB ignoring tradition in deference to the mighty dollar. 2) Unbalanced schedules.

Creating even-numbered divisions in both the NL and the AL and eliminating interleague play would allow MLB to return to balanced scheduling, while also bringing back the mystique to the World Series. (and a little bit to the All Star Game.)

Unfortunately, the longer this continues, the less the fan base will even recall the days before IL play. Tradition and mystique won't mean anything to them, so it won't even be a consideration. (Not that it is anyway.) $$ wins again.

mroby85
09-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Not a fan.

Another unbalanced schedule that screws Cincinnati. Prime example:

St. Louis plays Kansas City six times.
Milwaukee plays Kansas City three times.
Reds don't face KC at all. Rather, they face the Yankees for a three-game set in New York. Neither Milwaukee nor St. Louis has to play the Yankees, let alone in NYC.

For me, the novelty of interleague play wore off after the first year for two reasons. 1) It's just another example of MLB ignoring tradition in deference to the mighty dollar. 2) Unbalanced schedules.

Creating even-numbered divisions in both the NL and the AL and eliminating interleague play would allow MLB to return to balanced scheduling, while also bringing back the mystique to the World Series. (and a little bit to the All Star Game.)

Unfortunately, the longer this continues, the less the fan base will even recall the days before IL play. Tradition and mystique won't mean anything to them, so it won't even be a consideration. (Not that it is anyway.) $$ wins again.

I think no salary caps are a way bigger issue in the unfairness of baseball as opposed to an unbalanced schedule that rotates from year to year.

leeech86
09-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I think the schedule is ok. I was really hoping for a game in Detroit, but I'll just wait a few more years to catch the redlegs there. I have been eyeballing the big NY trip. Would be awfully cool to see them at Citi Field Thursday, then catch em in the Bronx on Friday. Something like that doesn't happen often.