PDA

View Full Version : Cairo Receives Award

texasdave
09-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Congratulations! http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110915&content_id=24742796&notebook_id=24742800&vkey=notebook_cin&c_id=cin

Reds utility infielder Miguel Cairo has often been praised for his work ethic and preparation. Cairo has long been able to step into a game or lineup on a moment's notice and produce.

On Thursday, the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association named Cairo as his club's Heart and Hustle Award winner. First-base coach Billy Hatcher made the presentation on the field before Cincinnati played the Cubs.

He should have won another award this season. One for honesty when he correctly pointed out that the team stunk and needed to work harder. But Walt was happy with his team, Dusty knew this team was just about to break out and every other player felt that if they just played their game they would be alright.

Cairo - 1. Everybody Else - 0.

Stray
09-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Cairo is one of my favorite Reds. Glad he'll be around next year.

mroby85
09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Agreed, I really disliked him and first and couldn't have been more wrong about him lol. He's been as strong of a utility player as you could possibly ask for.

Vottomatic
09-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm a big Miggy fan. Dude comes up with alot of big hits, is a good clubhouse presence, and solid utility man.