PDA

View Full Version : Wildman Walker fired

dabvu2498
09-17-2011, 06:41 AM
I was surprised to see this hasn't been discussed.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/09/16/webn-fm-fires-wildman-walker/

I guess everything (and everyone) runs its'/their course. Never thought I'd see this one though.

Dom Heffner
09-17-2011, 02:21 PM
When I interned at the WLW sports department, he one of the nicest people to me. Just a flat out gentleman. Let me use his desk, talked to me like I was more than just an intern. Hate to see anyone lose their job.

He kept me entertained during many a drive to high school.

Caveat Emperor
09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll echo Dom -- I've met the Wildman several times, and he's been nothing but a fantastic individual each time.

It's kinda sad, but radio has turned into a barren wasteland of awful over the last 10 years. Like many things, though, the trend just took a little longer to hit Cincinnati. I'm very glad I have an XM Radio so that I can listen to Howard or O&A in the mornings and not bother with the garbage the local FM / AM scene has to offer.

Reds4Life
09-17-2011, 07:13 PM
That is pretty crappy, they have both been on WEBN forever. Some of Wildman's rants on Danny Graves and Nancy Zimpher were epic.

Sea Ray
09-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Anybody ever gone to his bar in St Bernard? Is it worth trying? I think it's called Boomerang's. Does he still do the Cyclones PA work at home games?

dabvu2498
09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll echo Dom -- I've met the Wildman several times, and he's been nothing but a fantastic individual each time.

It's kinda sad, but radio has turned into a barren wasteland of awful over the last 10 years. Like many things, though, the trend just took a little longer to hit Cincinnati. I'm very glad I have an XM Radio so that I can listen to Howard or O&A in the mornings and not bother with the garbage the local FM / AM scene has to offer.

Cincinnati radio is a barren wasteland of crap. Im "lucky" that I live far enough north to pick up the Dayton stations. That's sad.

I do like the iheartradio app, however.

Caveat Emperor
09-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Anybody ever gone to his bar in St Bernard? Is it worth trying? I think it's called Boomerang's. Does he still do the Cyclones PA work at home games?

His bar is kind of a dive, from what I've heard. And yes, he still does PA for the Cyclones. Having been to a fair share of minor-league hockey games, he's very good at it, IMO.

Roy Tucker
09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Been a long time since I've listened to the Dawn Patrol. Once they lost Robin Wood and Eddie Fingers, I stopped listening.

minus5
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Also fired on the same day was Bob "The Producer" Berry. I thought some his stuff was great and another super nice person.

Captain13
09-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Although I agree that it is sad, once you have done Rock n Roll for 25 years, you are too old to do Rock n Roll.

Caveat Emperor
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Although I agree that it is sad, once you have done Rock n Roll for 25 years, you are too old to do Rock n Roll.

Have you listened to WEBN's playlist? I'd say the majority of the stuff they play is 20-25 years old.

savafan
09-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Overheard a couple of Cumulus guys at work today in the bathroom discussing the possibility of reuniting the Dawn Patrol. Don't know how serious it was, but they didn't know I was in the bathroom...

savafan
09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Overheard more at Cumulus HQ today. Apparently it would be at least 2 months before anything could be done.