PDA

View Full Version : Volquez.

Matt700wlw
09-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Volquez told Julio Castro of the Dominican paper El Caribe:

"They were offering me a contract for four years, the same as Johnny Cueto, but I didn't feel it was right for me. I spoke with the lawyer and the general manager, and we all agreed on a single season," Volquez explained while in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic.
"Having a good year this season is my mission. Depending on my performance, we'll seek a contract of at least four years with the team," he predicted. "I can't define the amount we're going to seek following the next year, but it's going to be for that quantity of years." And should he have second thoughts, the 27-year-old pitcher (three years older than Cueto) indicated that some manner of offer is still on the table, saying, "Things remain open in case I want to sign during Spring Training or in the middle of the season."

From Lance's blog.

KronoRed
09-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Unless Walto is going senile that offer is no longer anywhere near the table.

Matt700wlw
09-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Maybe he should fire his lawyer.

PuffyPig
09-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Maybe he should fire his lawyer.

Why?

He likely explained the risk/rewards of signing/not signing. And we still don't know the dollars offered.

Ultimately, it's the client's choice.

REDREAD
09-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a Volquez quote from around spring training.. He's saying his mission is to have a good year this season.
I'm pretty sure if a 4 year offer was still on the table, he'd take it now :laugh:

Strikes Out Looking
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
We should all be glad he didn't.