brm7675
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Would you over pay to get him?

brm7675
10-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Like say Yonder/Devin/Wood and Hamilton

Number_Fourteen
10-05-2011, 04:29 PM
You really think the Dodgers will trade him now? That ship sailed after 2010. And besides, they're not exactly a small market team looking to trade MVP type value for prospects. Realistically, the real question is, would they trade several of their top prospects for Votto? Until ownership is settled in LA, I wouldn't expect any blockbuster type of trading or high-end, long term signings.

brm7675
10-05-2011, 04:33 PM
You really think the Dodgers will trade him now? That ship sailed after 2010. And besides, they're not exactly a small market team looking to trade MVP type value for prospects. Realistically, the real question is, would they trade several of their top prospects for Votto? Until ownership is settled in LA, I wouldn't expect any blockbuster type of trading or high-end, long term signings.

they have some key needs to be able to play with the Giants and Dbacks, and while Kemp is important, you saw how they did with him, they didn't win, so if they can improve their overall team by adding 4 quality players for 1, and free up some monies to get some other players I could see it happen. Or I can see it happen as much as some of the other deals offered here.

nux fan
10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
i would never trade stubbs for kemp, stubbs is simply too valuable, he has all the tools

he cant hit for power he cant hit for contact and he cant hit for average, why would the reds want kemp, he is no stubbs

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:19 PM
i would never trade stubbs for kemp, stubbs is simply too valuable, he has all the tools

he cant hit for power he cant hit for contact and he cant hit for average, why would the reds want kemp, he is no stubbs

You really need to seek out help, your issues with Stubbs are kinda troubling don't you think? I mean here is a post that in no way involved Stubbs directly and yet you move the focus towards it?

Vottomatic
10-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Would you over pay to get him?

Hey. Let's turn the tables. I'll be you for a second.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! WALT WON'T PULL THE TRIGGER! THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY!!!!! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!!! :lol: :laugh:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Redleg
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Like say Yonder/Devin/Wood and Hamilton

Kemp is a free agent after next season

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Hey. Let's turn the tables. I'll be you for a second.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! WALT WON'T PULL THE TRIGGER! THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY!!!!! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!!! :lol: :laugh:

You are correct Walt would never do it, my question was would you do it if you were a gm. I didn't put any limitations on it budget wise which Walt does have to work with. I just asked would you overpay for a player like Matt Kemp if you had the chance?

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Kemp is a free agent after next season

Yes he is....so again would you over pay him for possibly 1 season?

Vottomatic
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I wish money were not an issue for the Reds. I'd outbid everyone for CJ Wilson as a free agent. I'd sign Pujols just to tick off the Cardinals. Then I'd trade Votto for Ricky Romero, if the Jay would do it. Then I'd trade for Jonathan Sanchez. Then I'd trade for Matt Kemp and overpay him for one season.

Then I'd laugh my butt off while the rest of mlb were scratching their heads.

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I wish money were not an issue for the Reds. I'd outbid everyone for CJ Wilson as a free agent. I'd sign Pujols just to tick off the Cardinals. Then I'd trade Votto for Ricky Romero, if the Jay would do it. Then I'd trade for Jonathan Sanchez. Then I'd trade for Matt Kemp and overpay him for one season.

Then I'd laugh my butt off while the rest of mlb were scratching their heads.

Just wondering why you would deal Votto for Romero?

Vottomatic
10-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Just wondering why you would deal Votto for Romero?

Okay, let's deal our overvalued trash and see if they trade Romero for it. :confused:

At some point, I hope you read every word in my posts and realize they are far-fetched, no payroll constraints, ideas.

None of this will ever happen. We are just having fun here. There is no reason to pooh pooh everything.

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Okay, let's deal our overvalued trash and see if they trade Romero for it. :confused:

At some point, I hope you read every word in my posts and realize they are far-fetched, no payroll constraints, ideas.

None of this will ever happen. We are just having fun here. There is no reason to pooh pooh everything.

Well if you think the Jays would deal Romero why not come up with a deal they might take, like say offering Yonder/Devin and Hamilton. They get 2 young ML ready players and a 3rd good young prospect, we in return get a good ML arm and maybe a throw in minor leaguer.

nux fan
10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
trade them stubbs and arroyo and cairo and renteria and baker too

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
trade them stubbs and arroyo and cairo and renteria and baker too

Just wondering how bad will your head explode when at least 4 of those guys are back next season and playing major roles in the Reds for 2012?

nux fan
10-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I am sure the rest of the league is aquiver worried about the reds driving toward fourth place with your quartet of heroes led by walt and dusty, the great brain trust that you put your abiding faith in

brm7675
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I am sure the rest of the league is aquiver worried about the reds driving toward fourth place with your quartet of heroes led by walt and dusty, the great brain trust that you put your abiding faith in

No my faith is in the players. I have no faith in Dusty, don't think he is much of a field manager. Great "players" guy but not a good in game manager. As for Walt, he is restricted in what he can do by the owner. Why are you not blaming Bob? Bob is making millions and won't allow Walt to do anything, yet all I hear you do is bash Walt. Where is some Bob Bashing? I mean it's Bob who brought both Walt and dusty in...

Vottomatic
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
We haven't heard anything yet because Pujols is still playing in the playoffs. Once the Cardinals are eliminated, you'll hear about the Reds signing Pujols soon enough. ;)

brm7675
10-05-2011, 06:22 PM
We haven't heard anything yet because Pujols is still playing in the playoffs. Once the Cardinals are eliminated, you'll hear about the Reds signing Pujols soon enough. ;)

I think this offseason is going to have a HUGE impact on the Reds and Votto. First it will eliminate 3 suitors for Votto since Milwaukee won't have the monies for Votto and whatever teams get Fielder and Albert won't go after Votto. BUT it will also set the market at what Votto will get. Votto will ask for and probably get either equal to or more then both Prince and Albert gets. So...we will have to see.

R_Webb18
10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
are you the person that said you would trade votto now? and you want to overpay for kemp? i would if i thought there was any chance to sign him. lol at you would not trade stubbs for kemp.

Vottomatic
10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
What's kind of comical is that if the Reds had the Yankees and BoSox payroll unlimitations, they could do alot this offseason. Say the Reds payroll would be about $85M with the raises coming, picking up BP's option, and re-signing Cordero reasonably.

Then they could compete and sign CJ Wilson as a FA for $15M per year. Puts them at $100M.

They could sign Pujols for $20M per season. Puts them at $120M.

Pujols at 1B, don't need Votto. Trade Votto for Romero. Actually save like $4M.

Trade for Matt Kemp and sign him to a $20M per season contract. $140M payroll.

Trade for Jonathan Sanchez.

Payroll still less than the Red Sox ($160M) and Yankees. ($200+) and we'd probably have the better team.

Crazy unlimited Reds payroll team:
1B Pujols
2B Phillips
SS Cozart
3B Rolen/Francisco
LF Kemp
CF Heisey
RF Bruce
C Hanigan/Mez

Cueto
Romero
Sanchez
Wilson
Leake
Arroyo

Funny what a $140M+ payroll can do for a team, eh? :D :laugh:

brm7675
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM

the brain trust that got the Reds their first playoff appearance since 1995...

brm7675
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
What's kind of comical is that if the Reds had the Yankees and BoSox payroll unlimitations, they could do alot this offseason. Say the Reds payroll would be about $85M with the raises coming, picking up BP's option, and re-signing Cordero reasonably.

Then they could compete and sign CJ Wilson as a FA for $15M per year. Puts them at $100M.

They could sign Pujols for $20M per season. Puts them at $120M.

Pujols at 1B, don't need Votto. Trade Votto for Romero. Actually save like $4M.

Trade for Matt Kemp and sign him to a $20M per season contract. $140M payroll.

Trade for Jonathan Sanchez.

Payroll still less than the Red Sox ($160M) and Yankees. ($200+) and we'd probably have the better team.

Crazy unlimited Reds payroll team:
1B Pujols
2B Phillips
SS Cozart
3B Rolen/Francisco
LF Kemp
CF Heisey
RF Bruce
C Hanigan/Mez

Cueto
Romero
Sanchez
Wilson
Leake
Arroyo

Funny what a $140M+ payroll can do for a team, eh? :D :laugh:

So you would rather pay an aging Albert and deal a younger Votto? If you have the budget just pay Votto.

Vottomatic
10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
So you would rather pay an aging Albert and deal a younger Votto? If you have the budget just pay Votto.

You never fail to miss the point of others posts, do you?

Stop with the details. Who cares who I picked to spend the money on. The point is, $140 million + in payroll can put a great team together.

brm7675
10-06-2011, 01:19 PM
You never fail to miss the point of others posts, do you?

Stop with the details. Who cares who I picked to spend the money on. The point is, $140 million + in payroll can put a great team together.

Forget the details? What is the point then?

texasdave
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Forget the details? What is the point then?

All you want to do is argue. It is past the point of ridiculous. He was saying that if you have 140+ million to spend on a team you can come up with with a really good team. The details are irrelevant in this case. Geez. I'm not even that bright and I got it. Now if he would have stated that every person gets an imaginary 140 payroll to come up with the best team they can; then you can argue the details. He didn't.

brm7675
10-06-2011, 02:07 PM
All you want to do is argue. It is past the point of ridiculous. He was saying that if you have 140+ million to spend on a team you can come up with with a really good team. The details are irrelevant in this case. Geez. I'm not even that bright and I got it. Now if he would have stated that every person gets an imaginary 140 payroll to come up with the best team they can; then you can argue the details. He didn't.

I would challenge that having 140+ million = you being able to come up with a really good team. See the Cubs...:laugh: