PDA

View Full Version : Walt made at least one GREAT decision

Billy Hamilton's Legs
10-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Thankfully, Walt did not attempt to trade Yonder at the deadline. Maybe I'm overestimating this, but I think Yonder's value is 1.5x what it was at the deadline. He's shown that he is a solid ML hitter and he's under control for a while. For some reason, he was the first to go in all of our fantasy trades for SP at the deadline. Now, he is a centerpiece. I think if he had been in the Majors a month earlier, his value would be even higher. Regardless, I think Walt & Co. knows that he can command a lot in a trade. Some people fail to see that he may be able to produce on the level of Jay Bruce. His defense may take him down a little, but his plate discipline is better than Jay's imho. I'll feel very ambivalent about a trade involving Yonder for SP. Hopefully we can make deals that don't include Yonder, but I find that it will be hard to exclude him in any major deal.

What should happen to Yonder?

What will happen to Yonder?

brm7675
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
IF and that is a big IF he can somehow drop some weight and improve his LF ability he might start in LF, but I really see him and a couple players being packaged for a pitcher.

Vottomatic
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Based on last offseason, I have no faith in Reds management to make a solid trade.

R_Webb18
10-10-2011, 04:24 PM
he wold be my left fielder if we have votto.

1st basemen if we don't.

pretty simple tbh. I thought he was playing well at end of year. You just have make few changes with lineup. drop bruce.

izzy's dad
10-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Yup, drop a guy that hit 32 home runs, drove in 102 runs, and played well above average defense. Get rid of that kind of horrible production and we are world series bound. !Sarcasm!

Shmoe
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Yup, drop a guy that hit 32 home runs, drove in 102 runs, and played well above average defense. Get rid of that kind of horrible production and we are world series bound. !Sarcasm!

I think R_Webb meant drop him in the batting order.

izzy's dad
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I think R_Webb meant drop him in the batting order.

I see that now. Shame setting in. My bad, I had my jump to conclusions mat out and thought this would be the perfect time to use it. Backfired big time.

Billy Hamilton's Legs
10-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Or he was talking about me referencing jay bruce. to clarify, i did not suggest getting rid of jay. i was just saying yonder's bat might be comparable to jay's. i still think jay probably will be better, but there could definitely be competition. overall, a batting order that includes alonso, bruce, votto, and phillips looks to good to me. the question is: is this lineup we will see? i think heisey would be better than stubbs in CF, but that is a different question for a different time.

nux fan
10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
he also made an incredible decision to let enerio de la rosario go to houston, that was a groundbreaking move

BluegrassRedleg
10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Still have no idea why people are in such a hurry to move Alonso UNLESS he commands someone's absolute best pitching prospect with a power arm. I'm not sure his value has reached that level, so I'm very hopeful that they continue to work on him in LF.

Don't deal this guy for anything less than a sure thing!

Vottomatic
10-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't expect any offseason moves, and frankly, I think the performances by Alonso and Francisco, and possibly playing Heisey more, merit a better offense next season.

2B Phillips
SS Cozart
1B Votto (LH)
CF Heisey (RH)
LF Alonso (LH)
3B Rolen/Francisco (RH/LH)
RF Bruce (LH) - Bruce bats 6th against righhanded pitchers, flip flopped with Francisco
C Hanigan/Mez

Phillips will hit 15-20 HR's
Cozart will hit 10
Votto, Heisey, Bruce - 25-35 HR's each
Alonso - 20 HR's
Francisco + a healthy Rolen - 20-30 HR's combined.

Same problem as always. Very few contact hitters. Mostly power hitters.

Ohioballplayer
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Dont see why we are even thinking about keeping Votto past next season, I completely believe that he will not be here after his contract is up, if that is the case I completely believe that FO will get alot for him at trade deadline, or in the off season of 2012.
I am a Reds fan, therefore I am just stating what makes sense for a small market team, and this makes perfect sense, sorry folks, after this season we trade Joey.

R_Webb18
10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
i was just saying bruce should bat 5-6 not 4th.

R_Webb18
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
2B Phillips
SS Cozart
1B Votto (LH)
CF Heisey (RH)
LF Alonso (LH)
3B Rolen/Francisco (RH/LH)
RF Bruce (LH) - Bruce bats 6th against righhanded pitchers, flip flopped with Francisco
C Hanigan/Mez

Phillips will hit 15-20 HR's
Cozart will hit 10
Votto, Heisey, Bruce - 25-35 HR's each
Alonso - 20 HR's
Francisco + a healthy Rolen - 20-30 HR's combined.

Same problem as always. Very few contact hitters. Mostly power hitters.

this. id trade stubbs even tho he has great speed. just b/c many ppl had down years does not mean everyone should get a pass. if it was stubbs and heisey playin id hate it but with just one id pick heisey.