PDA

View Full Version : Reinke opts for Free Agency

cinreds21
10-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Right-handed pitcher Chad Reinke has opted for minor league free agency. Reinke, 29, posted a 6.25 ERA in two appearances, one start, for the Reds the season.

The DARK
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Hmm... Louisville pitching gets that much thinner.

redsfan1995
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
i really didnt see much of a future with him in the orginization but i think he was decent and he will be picked up by someone else.

camisadelgolf
10-12-2011, 06:21 AM
He's a great guy to have for AAAA reasons. I wouldn't rule him out completely from re-signing--especially given the local connections--but honestly, he shouldn't be too difficult to replace. I wish him well wherever he goes because he's definitely been good enough to be serviceable. He also still qualifies as a rookie, so technically he's a prospect.

mth123
10-12-2011, 07:45 AM
He's a great guy to have for AAAA reasons. I wouldn't rule him out completely from re-signing--especially given the local connections--but honestly, he shouldn't be too difficult to replace. I wish him well wherever he goes because he's definitely been good enough to be serviceable. He also still qualifies as a rookie, so technically he's a prospect.

I hope the Reds let a lot of the stalled minor leaguers walk. Most of the propspect at AAA should probably make the major league team or go in deals. Lets see how the actual prospects do as they come up from A and A+. Any minor league free agents should probably be signed for AAA and I hope they are the former major leaguer types looking for another shot to balance out the major league team having so many young players on the bench. Otherwise, sign a couple of some other team's former top 5 prospect who need a change of scenery as they age a bit.