PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays- 10/21

chicoruiz
10-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Reds:

Danny Ray Herrera (27)

Jon Coutlangis (31)

Ted Uhlaender -Spare outfielder for the '72 Reds, had a pinch-hit double in the World Series that year. His daughter competed in the Winter Olympics in the "skeleton" event. Ted passed away in 2009.

Others:

Zack Grienke (28) -Zack's wife was Miss Daytona Beach and a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Just sayin'...

Bill Russell (63) -Played more games as a Dodger than anyone except Zach Wheat. Currently works for MLB in the umpiring division.

Whitey Ford (83) Started 22 World Series games, including four consecutive game 1 starts. Casey Stengel did not start him in the firsst game of the 1960 series, igniting a controversy that held lead to Stengel's firing.

Bob Borkowski
10-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Reds:

Ted Uhlaender -Spare outfielder for the '72 Reds, had a pinch-hit double in the World Series that year. His daughter competed in the Winter Olympics in the "skeleton" event. Ted passed away in 2009.

OK, you made me look it up, chico. This is what I found: "The skeleton is all about hurtling your body down a bobsled track on a tiny sled, headfirst, as quickly as possible." Sounds like fun. :eek:

Big Klu
10-22-2012, 07:49 AM
OK, you made me look it up, chico. This is what I found: "The skeleton is all about hurtling your body down a bobsled track on a tiny sled, headfirst, as quickly as possible." Sounds like fun. :eek:

It's like the luge, except head first instead of feet first.