PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this on losing Fox channels ?

jmac
10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Just got an email on this and was curious is anyone else has seen this ?
The wierd part of this is it has you type in your zipcode to see which channels you lose and mine shows FX Midwest whereas my FOX channel that I get with my package is Fox Ohio. So I am wondering if I will lose my Reds channel ?

http://www.keepmynets.com/affected-networks/?zip=42721&x=31&y=13

DGullett35
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I typed in my zip and it said I would lose fox sports Ohio which I think would have to include my Reds..This will majorly suck, and to think you pay all that money for cable and they take my fav. summer channel away

drowg14
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
wasn't it just directv? And once the contract runs out a new one will be negotiated.

foxfire123
10-23-2011, 11:38 PM
We stand to lose Fox Sports Midwest, NatGeo, Fox movies and Speed. On top of these, Directv is having problems with BELO, so we may also be losing our CBS channel.

They'll get a new contract in place last minute, but there goes our rates yet again.... :(

Girevik
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
This is all standard procedure when a contract is about to run out. Inevitably, a contract will be agreed to at the deadline. This is just a tactic the network uses to put pressure on the provider to cave.

I remember several years ago Time-Warner (or whoever I was with at the time) was in a contract battle with our local ABC affiliate. They went as far as to send out antennas for their customers to plug into the cable boxes so they could pick up the channel.

redsfanmia
10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
I have dish network and went through this last year, they gave me a credit when I called and told them that either they have fox sports or I cancel, I think it was that threat that made them get a deal done.;)