PDA

View Full Version : Instructional League

lollipopcurve
10-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Anybody hear anything? I've seen some brief reports on other teams' instrux, but nothing on the Reds. Might as well have a thread to collect this stuff in, meager as it surely will be.

redsmetz
10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
How's this, a story from about 10 days ago about Sal Romano, the Reds 23rd round pick (who roomed with Robert Stephenson during the league's time). This story indicates that the Arizona Instructional League ends "in 12 days" - so will there be another winter session for others?

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/sports/article_6d1ffc22-f536-11e0-8073-001cc4c002e0.html

lollipopcurve
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Cool -- thanks redsmetz, great find.

So much of the 2011 draft is tied to relatively raw, high upside pitching. Stephenson, Cingrani, Covington, Garrett, Romano. Then you've got the hard-throwing reliever types -- McMyne, Allen, maybe Joyce and others. A pitching draft all the way, IMO.

redsmetz
10-26-2011, 05:11 PM
I went to Jamie Ramsey's blog to ask him to investigate and write a post summing up the instructional league when I noticed his Twitter feed with this one from today:

#Reds Instructional League Awards: Ryan Wright - MVP, Daniel Corcino - Best Pitcher, Mark Fleury - Best Hitter

I'll still email him and suggest a piece. I presume he has access to the staff, so it would seem a natural piece.

lollipopcurve
10-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I went to Jamie Ramsey's blog to ask him to investigate and write a post summing up the instructional league when I noticed his Twitter feed with this one from today:

#Reds Instructional League Awards: Ryan Wright - MVP, Daniel Corcino - Best Pitcher, Mark Fleury - Best Hitter

I'll still email him and suggest a piece. I presume he has access to the staff, so it would seem a natural piece.

Really nice work, redsmetz.

RED VAN HOT
10-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Nice find, Redsmetz. Romano sounds like a level headed young man with a good work ethic. It's a long haul from HS to the bigs. Character plays a roll in getting there. He's now one of my early favorites.