PDA

View Full Version : Grandal hurt

cinreds21
10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Catcher Yasmani Grandal hurt his non-throwing hand while playing in the Arizona Fall League. He's going to the doctor to get his hand evaluated and the Reds will go from there.

reds1869
10-27-2011, 10:40 AM
That is why you can never have too many catching prospects. Might not be serious but catchers are always more vulnerable than other positions on the field.

lollipopcurve
10-27-2011, 10:56 AM
There's a video of him on the AFL Web site, and he talks about the injury a little. Apparently it's to the middle finger of his left hand (non-throwing hand). It was hurt while he was catching in the bullpen and a pitch arrived without his anticipating it. He says the original diagnosis was that it would be better in about 3 weeks. He was still hoping to play in the AFL. Not sure if going to the doctor, as noted here, is a new development.

cinreds21
10-27-2011, 11:04 AM
There's a video of him on the AFL Web site, and he talks about the injury a little. Apparently it's to the middle finger of his left hand (non-throwing hand). It was hurt while he was catching in the bullpen and a pitch arrived without his anticipating it. He says the original diagnosis was that it would be better in about 3 weeks. He was still hoping to play in the AFL. Not sure if going to the doctor, as noted here, is a new development.

Never said it was?

lollipopcurve
10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Never said it was?

I wasn't implying anything -- I was wondering if maybe the thing wasn't healing so they wanted a 2nd opinion.

cinreds21
10-27-2011, 11:12 AM
I wasn't implying anything -- I was wondering if maybe the thing wasn't healing so they wanted a 2nd opinion.

Ok. Misread it. Walt said that they were going to get the doctor's opinion to decide if he get back into AFL action.