PDA

View Full Version : Mets bringing in Citi Field fences to hopefully create power surge

Vottomatic
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ao276fNSKIFSK0vQs4yBawkRvLYF?slug=ap-citifield

Apparently since moving out of Shea to Citi Field, Wright's HR's have gone from 30 to 18 yearly.

mdccclxix
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
That won't do much to help their terrible pitching staff.

REDREAD
10-31-2011, 04:46 PM
I think this is a mistake. I really wish the Reds had built a pitcher friendly park instead of a bandbox. It would be a nice home field advantage to have a pitching friendly park..
Think about it.. even though your opponent also benefits, over the course of the season, the pitcher friendly park lets you keep the starters in the game longer, keeping the pen fresher.. Makes it also easier to get by with having less talent in the back of the rotation.

KronoRed
10-31-2011, 05:05 PM
That won't do much to help their terrible pitching staff.

Fences being back farther didn't help them either, bad pitchers will be bad in any park, bringing the fences in at least makes it more fun for the fans. :D

MikeThierry
11-01-2011, 12:34 AM
I think the more drastic move here is them shortening the height of those fences. They almost had a small version of the Green Monster in that stadium.