PDA

View Full Version : opening day lineup rotation and bullpen predictions

alett12
11-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Opening Day line up and rotation
With the current team the reds have right now not adding anyone what are some predictions for the opening day line up and rotation

Here's mine

1. Phillips 2B

2. Cozart SS

3. Votto 1B

4. Heisey LF

5. Bruce RF

6. Rolen 3B

7. Mesoraco C

8. Stubbs CF

Rotation

1. Cueto

2. Leake

3. Baliey

4. Chapman

5. Arroyo

Bullpen

swing man- Lecure

swing man- Volquez

swing man- Wood

LS- Bray

SU- Masset

SU- Ondruseck

SU- Arredondo

CL- Boxberger

izzy's dad
11-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I pretty much agree, although I do think Cordero will be back. Not saying that I want it to happen or don't want it to happen, but I do believe it will happen.

brad1176
11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with the lineup with the exception of Mesoraco, Hanigan will start. I don't see Box being there on Opening Day either, he may come up and get some work later in the season. If he is there on Opening Day, I can't imagine Dusty giving him the closer role as Dusty LOVES his veterans.

nux fan
11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
get rid of rolen

LegallyMinded
11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Looks like a pretty probable lineup, but I agree with the above poster that Cordero will (unfortunately) be back. Also, I see Alonso isn't in your starting lineup. Ideally, that would be because he was traded this off season for some kind of SP upgrade, but I can easily see the Reds doing nothing and leaving him on the bench to start the year.

alett12
11-04-2011, 11:28 AM
1. I hate to agree with you but yeah i have a feeling coco will be back.
2. I do agree that Dusty loves veterans but you can't shove Mesoraco aside. Mesocraco is probably going to be catching for Cueto who i don't think there will be any question, unless he gets hurt, will be the opening day starter thus Mesoraco catches.
3. You are nuts, there is no one better that the reds currently have to replace Rolen. He is one of the few true leaders this team has.
4. I just hope they have given up on Yonder in left. I watched him in wrigely and have seen him multiple times playing there in louisville, he looks like he is lost. He might be an athlete but he is much better suited for a team like tampa, who i would like to see him on and the reds get Helickson, who could put him at 1st or DH him. As for 3B i have him around 4th on the depth chart behind Rolen, Fransisco, and Frazier due to his lack of defense and lack of experince there in the the major and minor leagues.

nux fan
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
no you are nuts francisco is a better hitter than rolen,

nux fan
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
take rolen and place him in a hospital ward

he messes up the second half of 2010 and wasted the whole year in 2011, he is about asproductive now as brooks robinson would be, take your ten posts and go start a rolen fan club

fewfirstchoice
11-06-2011, 12:01 PM
There will be a turn around in the roster this coming year of one starting pitcher, a OF, and a bull pen guy. So there will be 3 new players on the roster next yr not on the roster right now.

alett12
11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Rolen is the most veteran presence on this team. I like fransisco's power but i don't think that his bat will acount for his defense or lack there of

Tadasimha
11-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Rolen is the most veteran presence on this team. I like fransisco's power but i don't think that his bat will acount for his defense or lack there of

Rolen's veteran leadership has clearly been overstated. He showed no leadership during 2011 at all, either on the field or in the clubhouse. In truth, I think Orlando Cabrera was the source of the veteran leadership in 2010 - letting him go was a mistake.

This coming season, guys like Votto and Phillips need to be the veterans to lead this team. Let Rolen go.

nux fan
11-10-2011, 11:06 AM
rolen should be released, he is fool's gold

Krawhitham
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
If Chapman is in the opening day rotation the reds do not plan on being competitive next season

LegallyMinded
11-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Allegedly, Dontrelle Willis is getting a lot of interest (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/quick-hits-twins-burrell-willis-mariners.html) in the FA market. If he gets bid out of the Reds price range, perhaps that opens up a sport on the pitching staff for Boxberger after all.

alett12
11-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Allegedly, Dontrelle Willis is getting a lot of interest (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/quick-hits-twins-burrell-willis-mariners.html) in the FA market. If he gets bid out of the Reds price range, perhaps that opens up a sport on the pitching staff for Boxberger after all.

I think boxberger is going to be on the staff no matter what but to all you haters rolen was hurt all year get someone else who can hit 4th and drop him down abit he will bounce back this year

LegallyMinded
11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I think boxberger is going to be on the staff no matter what but to all you haters rolen was hurt all year get someone else who can hit 4th and drop him down abit he will bounce back this year

Dropping him in the order seems reasonable, but I think the main concern people have is whether he'll even be in the order at all. Has anyone seen how his offseason conditioning/rehab/workouts are going? I mean, I assume he'll show up to camp in the "best shape of his life" like everyone else, but what should we legitimately expect concerning his health?

nux fan
11-12-2011, 03:49 PM
rolen is always hurt

alett12
11-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Rolen is a gamer you won't get anyone out there who tries harder and EVERYONE on here knows as well as i do Dusty WILL start the guy who has been in the league longest

nux fan
11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
a gamer is a euphemism for some old white retread like ron oester

alett12
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
This will most likely be Rolen's last year anyway so let's just see how he does this year hitting 7th/8th this year

texasdave
11-17-2011, 05:40 PM
"We'd like to find an experienced starter," Walt Jocketty told MLB.com "Someone who can stabilize the rotation."
Jocketty said the team is still talking with reliever Francisco Cordero, but will need to find a replacement if he leaves.

Veteran creaminess lives on and on. Heck, just resign Willis if that's what you're looking for. Willis can take the ball every fifth day. And I thought that was Arroyo's role? I guess not. Meet the new team. Same as the old team.
Reds management stinks on ice.

dMaus14
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
An experienced starter doesn't mean veteran like a Scott Rolen and Miguel Cairo of the pitching world. I mean Edwin Jackson is an experienced starter. Gavin Floyd and John Danks are experienced starters and I believe they are all under 30. I personally would love to have both Danks and Floyd. And wouldn't mind giving up a Greinke type return for them both, but I would want a trade and sign for them which might cost more on the prospect side but what about:

Volquez - still has potential
Grandal - catcher of the future
Sappelt - outfield depth
Masset - bullpen help
Maybe one more prospect

For

Danks - final year of arbitration
Floyd - signed thru '13

Rotation would be:
Cueto
Danks - career 4.03 ERA
Floyd - career 4.50 ERA but hasn't been over 4.37 since 1st year with CWS
Leake
Arroyo

alett12
11-21-2011, 11:32 AM
An experienced starter doesn't mean veteran like a Scott Rolen and Miguel Cairo of the pitching world. I mean Edwin Jackson is an experienced starter. Gavin Floyd and John Danks are experienced starters and I believe they are all under 30. I personally would love to have both Danks and Floyd. And wouldn't mind giving up a Greinke type return for them both, but I would want a trade and sign for them which might cost more on the prospect side but what about:

Volquez - still has potential
Grandal - catcher of the future
Sappelt - outfield depth
Masset - bullpen help
Maybe one more prospect

For

Danks - final year of arbitration
Floyd - signed thru '13

Rotation would be:
Cueto
Danks - career 4.03 ERA
Floyd - career 4.50 ERA but hasn't been over 4.37 since 1st year with CWS
Leake
Arroyo

If you where to get both of them maybe but i still wouldn't be comfortable trading grandal. you are forgetting the fact that this orginazation seems to have it set in stone Chapman will be a starting pitcher this year and leake and arroyo aren't going to be anywhere but the major league rotation come opening day.

dMaus14
11-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Well I left Arroyo and Leake in the rotation as I know they aren't going anywhere. As for Chapman, how many innings do you truly think he'll throw as a starter?

alett12
11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Well I left Arroyo and Leake in the rotation as I know they aren't going anywhere. As for Chapman, how many innings do you truly think he'll throw as a starter?

Ok this is what i should have said, Chapman will START the year in the rotation thus there really isn't a spot for the reds to aquire a starter at this point

dMaus14
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Well I think just the opposite that he will actually start in Louisville and come up later. Either way he's still a ?

alett12
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Well I think just the opposite that he will actually start in Louisville and come up later. Either way he's still a ?

If Chapman starts in the minors it would be because he is the 5th man and they do what they've done in the past with leake

dMaus14
11-22-2011, 02:04 PM
And if he does start the year in the minors there is a need for SP. Unless you want to throw back out there what we saw was horrific last year until Chapman gets up back. But even then I am not counting on him

The Rage
11-22-2011, 04:50 PM
My team:
1.cf Drew Stubbs: The Reds will continue on with this project
2.2nd base: Branden Phillips
3.1st: Joey Votto
4.3rd: Scott Rolen/Juan Francisco
5.RF: Jay Bruce
6.LF: Not sure
7.C: Mes
8.SS: Cozart
S.pitchers
1.Johnny Cueto
2.Mike Leake
3.Homer Bailey
4.Bronson Arroyo
5.A.Chapman/Wood
BP: Closer,Masset,Box,Ondrusuk,Lecure,Brey,loogy

The key is who the Reds will get at closers. I think they trade for one. Box's addition will hopefully provide the depth lacking last year as well. Notice the LF is a bit of a ?????. I think the Reds would like to make a splash there, but finding the "right" player can be tough. What about the Starting pitching? Same theme as the last 3 years. Develope. I will be interested if Bailey's mechanics get a bit of a tweek to push him over and if Arroyo can bounce back. Having Wood in AAA if Chapman can't cut it is a nice blanket, especially if Travis bounces back from his soph. slump.

alett12
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
My team:
1.cf Drew Stubbs: The Reds will continue on with this project
2.2nd base: Branden Phillips
3.1st: Joey Votto
4.3rd: Scott Rolen/Juan Francisco
5.RF: Jay Bruce
6.LF: Not sure7.C: Mes
8.SS: Cozart
S.pitchers
1.Johnny Cueto
2.Mike Leake
3.Homer Bailey
4.Bronson Arroyo
5.A.Chapman/Wood
BP: Closer,Masset,Box,Ondrusuk,Lecure,Brey,loogy

The key is who the Reds will get at closers. I think they trade for one. Box's addition will hopefully provide the depth lacking last year as well. Notice the LF is a bit of a ?????. I think the Reds would like to make a splash there, but finding the "right" player can be tough. What about the Starting pitching? Same theme as the last 3 years. Develope. I will be interested if Bailey's mechanics get a bit of a tweek to push him over and if Arroyo can bounce back. Having Wood in AAA if Chapman can't cut it is a nice blanket, especially if Travis bounces back from his soph. slump.

left field goes to Heisey no question and rethinking this lineup you have here
1.phillips
2.cozart
3.votto
4.heisey
5.Bruce
6.Mesoraco
7.stubbs
8.rolen
i do agree with the rotation though