PDA

View Full Version : What movie sequel or remake would you like to see?

redsfandan
11-08-2011, 06:14 AM
I'd like to see a remake of The Shining. A version that's a little more true to the book and that plays up the supernatural aspects and the special effects potential of Stephen King's version. I know that there was a made for tv version in '97 that was closer to the book but I just think it would be really interesting to see a big screen version of what King imagined.

As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2 and GalaxyQuest.

helenkyle82
11-08-2011, 06:57 AM
transformer:D

SunDeck
11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I'd like to see all the Star Wars movies movies made after the original trilogy remade. Just because the story is so great, but George Lucas apparently forgot how to make movies after Return of the Jedi.

Another list to ponder might be movies that should never have been redone, such as Cape Fear. Mitchum could intimidate me in a Snuggie- there was no room for improvement over the original.

*BaseClogger*
11-08-2011, 10:09 AM
As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2

???

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hamlet2.jpg

gonelong
11-08-2011, 10:21 AM
As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2

Hamlet 2
Tagline: What happens when the dead decide 2B?

:D

RBA
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Time Bandits IMAX 3D

Spazzrico
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Time Bandits IMAX 3D

OMG you almost read my mind. I was thinking Time Bandits 2 give or take the 3D. Terry Gilliam had some intentions here, but too many of the little people are now gone among other things.

Spazzrico
11-08-2011, 11:31 AM

durl
11-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I'd like to see a remake of The Shining. A version that's a little more true to the book and that plays up the supernatural aspects and the special effects potential of Stephen King's version. I know that there was a made for tv version in '97 that was closer to the book but I just think it would be really interesting to see a big screen version of what King imagined.

I agree on The Shining. After hearing how different the book was I decided to read it last year. I was amazed at how much better the book was than Kubrick's film.

klw
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I could sit through 3 More Days of the Condor.

RFS62
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree on The Shining. After hearing how different the book was I decided to read it last year. I was amazed at how much better the book was than Kubrick's film.

This made for TV version was supposedly true to the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

cinredsfan2000
11-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd like to see a remake of The Shining. A version that's a little more true to the book and that plays up the supernatural aspects and the special effects potential of Stephen King's version. I know that there was a made for tv version in '97 that was closer to the book but I just think it would be really interesting to see a big screen version of what King imagine.
That may be the case but Jack Nicholson's performance as Jack Torrance was so over the top not sure who you could cast to take his place ?

Brutus
11-08-2011, 11:18 PM
A reset of the movie, "The Neverending Story" would be kind of neat. It was a bit cheesy with the acting and limited technology, but I think made current, it could be an interesting movie.

While not a movie, I'd like to see a follow-up to LOST. I think there could be a movie made to fill in some of the blanks surrounding the mysteries of the island. Perhaps a story centered around the government's knowledge of the island, how the Darma Initiative learned of it, etc. I think it could be a good movie separate from the story arcs of the characters we came to know through the TV series.

TRF
11-09-2011, 09:54 AM
The SyFy series the Lost Room ended in such a way that it almost demanded a series follow it up. I really wish that had happened.

As for movies, A Firefly prequel would be good, maybe focused on Bishop. I'd love it if the Indiana Jones series got a reboot, maybe with Harrison Ford as the father sending off young Indy.

And this is left field, but Stripes with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly might be pretty good.

*BaseClogger*
11-09-2011, 10:02 AM
I'd love it if the Indiana Jones series got a reboot, maybe with Harrison Ford as the father sending off young Indy.

Indiana Jones 4 And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull IN 5 SECONDS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDpL_JNQ5A)

jimbo
11-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I've been hoping for a movie based on the TV series Jericho that had been rumored after the second season cancellation. The longer time goes by though, the more unlikely it will ever happen.

I also agree with the poster who mentioned another Firefly movie.

Spazzrico
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
28 Months Later.

redsfanmia
11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Taxi Driver 2 where we find out what Travis Bickle has been doing for the past 30 years or so.

RFS62
11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Not a movie, but I sure hated to see Deadwood end

dougdirt
11-09-2011, 08:18 PM
28 Months Later.

Yep.

Slyder
11-09-2011, 08:20 PM

As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2 and GalaxyQuest.

One thing Hollywood has taught me is anytime theres a remake it SUCKS when compared to the original and I hate it because it cheapens the movie to a new generation when it didn't need to be.

*BaseClogger*
11-09-2011, 08:50 PM
One thing Hollywood has taught me is anytime theres a remake it SUCKS when compared to the original and I hate it because it cheapens the movie to a new generation when it didn't need to be.

Don't we have another thread with some pretty good examples that contradict this notion?

*BaseClogger*
11-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Alien 3 (bring Fincher back to make an Alien sequel)

Redhook
11-10-2011, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't mind a little more Pulp Fiction. I'm not sure what it'd be about, but I'd love to see the characters go at it for another few hours.

TRF
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Indiana Jones 4 And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull IN 5 SECONDS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDpL_JNQ5A)

I don't understand. there were three Indiana Jones movies. there was most definitely NOT a 4th movie with the transformers kid and a sad aging Karen Valentine with aliens instead of mythical supernatural talismans of power.

So, we just need another movie. Maybe set in China. That'd be cool.

klw
11-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Alien 3 (bring Fincher back to make an Alien sequel)

Didn't this already happen?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/

bucksfan2
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Rocky

I actually would like to see a sequel of "The Fighter" focusing on the Ward Gatti fights. I don't think it would have been done cinematically as the original but would be an enjoyable movie.

Raisor
11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
So, we just need another movie. Maybe set in China. That'd be cool.

Bring back Shortround!

"No time for love Doctor Jones!!!"

*BaseClogger*
11-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I actually would like to see a sequel of "The Fighter" focusing on the Ward Gatti fights. I don't think it would have been done cinematically as the original but would be an enjoyable movie.

This while the cast is still young...

*BaseClogger*
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Didn't this already happen?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/

Alien 3 had a difficult production, with various screenwriters and directors getting involved in the project, and shooting even started without a finished script. The film was the big-budget debut of a young David Fincher, who was brought into the project very late in its development, after a proposed version written by Vincent Ward at the helm fell through. Fincher had little time to prepare, and the experience making the film proved agonizing for him, as he had to endure incessant creative interference from the studio and had to shoot the film without having a definite script. The added weight was also to create a film worthy of the work of the two revered directors that had gone before him, James Cameron and Ridley Scott. Upon completion, the studio dismantled and reworked it without Fincher's consent, including releasing a teaser trailer that suggested the film would take place on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3

redsfanmia
11-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I think there are many characters in great movies that could make for an interesting movie. I have always wanted a Mr Pink movie, a prequel with Jules and Vincent from Pulp Fiction and maybe even a Han Solo movie before Star Wars.

redsmetz
11-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I thought I wrote something in this thread, but apparently I didn't.

Giving the purpose of Redszone overall, my suggestion is apt. I would love to see a remake of Bang the Drum Slowly. The version that was made is really, really dated. For some reason, they made the movie as a contemporary film rather than a period piece. It doesn't hold up today and it comes off as cheesy at places. It's a great story and, particularly given the appearance of Free Agency, part of the story line falls apart (his holdout).

durl
11-15-2011, 11:01 AM
This made for TV version was supposedly true to the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

I watched most of the TV version and it was FAR closer to the book. While I enjoyed it, the production value was, well, like a TV movie. I'd like to see a movie made with a decent budget behind it.

Captain Hook
11-15-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd like to see a sequel to "The Big Lebowski".I also think "The Last Starfighter" could be remade.So many older Sci-Fi movies could be improved on as far as special affects go.

Strikes Out Looking
11-15-2011, 08:14 PM
The 2010 Season. I really hated the ending.

Spitball
11-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I think they should only remake bad movies. The originals should stand as they are.

*BaseClogger*
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I think they should only remake bad movies. The originals should stand as they are.

So you'd rather have bad remakes of bad movies than good remakes of good movies?

redsfandan
11-16-2011, 06:48 AM
So you'd rather have bad remakes of bad movies than good remakes of good movies?

Like True Grit, Cape Fear, Star Trek, ...

Spitball
11-16-2011, 11:13 PM

No, good movies should be left to stand on their original merit. I hate when Hollywood attempts to capitalize on a past successes. Why was Sam Peckinpah's Straw Dogs remade when there are so many other avenues to explore? The original was much better and not really dated. Re make Birdemic with modern technology and I'll be happier.

*BaseClogger*
11-17-2011, 03:09 AM
No, good movies should be left to stand on their original merit. I hate when Hollywood attempts to capitalize on a past successes. Why was Sam Peckinpah's Straw Dogs remade when there are so many other avenues to explore? The original was much better and not really dated. Re make Birdemic with modern technology and I'll be happier.

Like True Grit, Cape Fear, Star Trek, ...

I think remakes when the filmmaker takes a relatively unknown film--often foreign--and bring it to a mainstream American audience can work. Thinkin' Insomnia, The Departed, Magnificent Seven, A Fistful of Dollars, Scarface, etc...

redsfandan
11-17-2011, 05:45 AM
I think remakes when the filmmaker takes a relatively unknown film--often foreign--and bring it to a mainstream American audience can work. Thinkin' ...
The Ring, 12 Monkeys, Scent of a Woman, ...

savafan
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/a-starship-troopers-reboot-is-inbound

We're getting a Starship Troopers reboot.

PickOff
12-02-2011, 02:54 PM
The Professional II

Starring Natalie Portman of course as a stripper/hit woman; and a now very large plant.

*BaseClogger*
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
The Professional II

Starring Natalie Portman of course as a stripper/hit woman; and a now very large plant.

Wasn't this supposed to happen?

PickOff
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Wasn't this supposed to happen?

According to wiki:

It has been claimed that Besson has written the script for a sequel, which Transporter 3 director Olivier Megaton was to direct and in which Portman would reprise the Mathilda role. Filming was to be delayed until Portman was a bit older. However, in the meantime, Besson left Gaumont Film Company to start his own movie studio, EuropaCorp. Unhappy at Besson's departure, Gaumont Film Company "has held The Professional rights close to the vest and will not budge." According to Megaton, the sequel will more than likely never happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9on_%28film%29

Sweetstop
12-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I could sit through 3 More Days of the Condor.

sydney pollack is spinning in his grave. :)

perusing this thread i was snagged by this post since "three days of the condor" is one of the excellent pollack/redford collaborations ("jeremiah johnson", "out of africa", "the way we were", etc.) that i need to watch again ever so often.

redford, dunaway, cliff robertson, john houseman, et al. are just fine for an umpteenth viewing..no updates/redundancies please.

Sweetstop
12-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Not a movie, but I sure hated to see Deadwood end

i'm a deadwoodhead, too, rfs. :)

i'd love to see some big screen al swearengen.

Big Klu
12-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Logan's Run.

savafan
12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Logan's Run.

Isn't that basically the new Justin Timberlake movie?

klw
12-06-2011, 09:36 PM
sydney pollack is spinning in his grave. :)

perusing this thread i was snagged by this post since "three days of the condor" is one of the excellent pollack/redford collaborations ("jeremiah johnson", "out of africa", "the way we were", etc.) that i need to watch again ever so often.

redford, dunaway, cliff robertson, john houseman, et al. are just fine for an umpteenth viewing..no updates/redundancies please.

Aren't you curious whether the Times ran the story and what the consequences were either way for Turner? I guess the scene where Max Von Sydow spells out for him what will happen to him is meant to let us know what the future holds.

spoiler
ending
Three Days of The Condor - Final Scene - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eovei355l4o)