PDA

View Full Version : Kershaw to Cincinnati??

Krawhitham
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.redreporter.com/2011/11/11/2554325/trade-rumors-ckershaw-ckoming-to-ckincinnati

It's been a quiet month in Redsland, but things just got interesting. According to an unnamed source, the Dodgers are not only listening on their ace Clayton Kershaw, but are close to a deal that would send him to Cincinnati.

As is well known, the Dodgers' ownership situation is in flux. Outgoing owner Frank McCourt has instructed GM Ned Coletti to curtail spending in an attempt to make the team's payroll situation more attractive to prospective buyers. Kershaw is arbitration-eligible for the first time this off-season and MLBTradeRumors projects a salary north of $8 mil. Considering that Kershaw is a favorite to win the Cy Young this year, he would easily be the most attractive pitcher on the market if they decided to make him available.

It looks like he is being made available, and it looks like the Reds are keen to capitalize. The source, who claims to have information from someone in the Reds organization, says the package of players that might be headed to LA includes Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Edinson Volquez, and Homer Bailey. The Dodgers are reportedly very keen on Alonso and want him to replace James Loney at 1B, whom they intend to non-tender. Volquez and Bailey are included to free up $5 mil or so to fit Kershaw into the Reds' budget.

The deal isn't finalized yet though, as Coletti is awaiting approval from McCourt, who is reportedly busy hosting monkey knife fights on his yacht.

More on this as it develops.

http://www.redreporter.com/2011/11/11/2554325/trade-rumors-ckershaw-ckoming-to-ckincinnati

posted under Fake News

texasdave
11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
If they snag Kershaw I take back everything I ever said about Walt Jocketty. A heaping helping of crow for me please. This has a hoaxy feel to it. Fake news. Ok. I guess it's funny. Not really.

TuneSquad
11-11-2011, 12:45 PM
so this is fake? i got my hopes up... I would like that deal. It is risky, but we need a pitcher like kershaw badly

code
11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I would do that deal.

izzy's dad
11-11-2011, 01:37 PM
If this is fake I am going to burn myself to death with a road flare... if it is legit I will likely get my wife pregnant again and name the child Kershaw regardless of the sex. I do this deal in a hearbeat.

izzy's dad
11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Looks like I am going to have to off myself with that roadflare. If you read that post it is under the "Fake news" section. I just got Clayton Kershaw blue balls. A total bummer.

smixsell
11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I think that sounds like a plausible deal from both ends. Alonso and Grandal are both MAJOR PROSPECTS. I'd pull the trigger on that deal if a good multi year deal w Kershaw could be reached.

brm7675
11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I would do it tomorrow, but I just don't see it happening...we are not that lucky

stevekun
11-11-2011, 04:27 PM
PLEASE PLEASE happen. Man this would be big for the Reds

mroby85
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Doesn't the fact that this is under the "fake news" part completely negate any validity that it would've had, even though that probably wouldn't have been much to begin with?

DocRed
11-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I HATE YOU

The Rage
11-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I can't believe people fell for that one. Not only would that not get Kershaw, the Reds don't have the value they need in the system. Now Kemp, that is another matter, though Bailey replaced by Corci.

10xWSChamps
11-11-2011, 08:46 PM
That deal wouldn't land Kershaw. I was seriously bummed upon reading the thread title, happy to read the article though :)