PDA

View Full Version : TV Troubleshooting

djc27osu
11-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I was just wondering or hoping if someone on here knows a little something about tvs and can help me out with a problem that just occurred. I have a Samsung DLP (model # HLT5676SX/XAA) and this morning everything was working just fine. However, when I came home from work the tv turned on for a brief period of time then the screen went black but I still had sound briefly until I heard something like a clicking noise then the tv just shut off then it turned right back on and continues to do the same thing over and over. While on none of the display panel lights were on or flashing but when it would shut off lamp display light would flash.
I know its time I should upgrade and hope to do so sooner than later but right now just cant afford it so I have to just get it fixed for the time being. I bought a replacement lamp about 3 years ago and I know that that is the expected life expectancy and might be time for another new one. I also read somewhere that it could be the ballast that I need to replace, so if there is anyone out there who might be able to help me out and tell me which 1 is most likely the problem I'd appreciate it.

George Anderson
11-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Try unplugging it. That seems to work for everything, even Beavis agrees.

If not, try this forum.

http://forums.cnet.com/?tag=rb_wrap%3brb_content